Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 318048 times)

Offline Max Power

• View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »
Hey guys,

Names Max, but Mr Power to you  ;) (i got it off the back of a hair dryer). I'm 22 and currently 4th year through my mechanical engineering degree (its nearly over!!!!).

I love cars and racing, mainly watch formula 1 and a little rally. Ive done a few track days in my mx5 and only span 5 times in the first 6 laps lol

Recently got a steering wheel and Assetto corsa so its safe to say i'm still slow haha. I want to get into it more and improve and race a few people as free practice or 300 ping racing gets annoying after a while. I've seen race department has a beginner drivers course for newbies who sign up, is there anything like that here?

My steam page is here (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091101942/edit) for anyone who wants to add me on steam. Also have teamspeak and various over voice stuff. Hope to catch you guys around :)

Max out

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
Welcome "Mr Power" :)
Glad you found us, an admin will reply soon and give you leads to the Tuesday and Thursday series.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2016, 12:38:32 PM »
Max get over here and out your name down in case this series is for you before fills.
http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1732.0

Offline Max Power

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2016, 01:35:53 PM »
Max get over here and out your name down in case this series is for you before fills.

Done, although i doubt im very fast. is that a problem?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2016, 01:40:46 PM »

Nah there are drivers of all levels here. Just as long as you race clean :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2016, 03:57:56 PM »

Well I don't think so, Wally will let you know, and they have put up with me in the past :)

Offline Max Power

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 31, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »

Well I don't think so, Wally will let you know, and they have put up with me in the past :)

Hahaha well i try to race clean but im finding it hard to be consistent in lap times

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 31, 2016, 04:05:44 PM »
Hey guys,

Names Max, but Mr Power to you  ;) (i got it off the back of a hair dryer). I'm 22 and currently 4th year through my mechanical engineering degree (its nearly over!!!!).

I love cars and racing, mainly watch formula 1 and a little rally. Ive done a few track days in my mx5 and only span 5 times in the first 6 laps lol

Recently got a steering wheel and Assetto corsa so its safe to say i'm still slow haha. I want to get into it more and improve and race a few people as free practice or 300 ping racing gets annoying after a while. I've seen race department has a beginner drivers course for newbies who sign up, is there anything like that here?

My steam page is here (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091101942/edit) for anyone who wants to add me on steam. Also have teamspeak and various over voice stuff. Hope to catch you guys around :)

Max out

Hi Max, and welcome to XGN. It doesn't matter how fast you are - with a big enough field, there's always someone to race against. All you have to be is fair, clean and respectful (i.e. not crash into people, or at least too often - we all do it, that's racing), so everyone can have fun.

I'll send you a PM with a few additional details.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Nzuku

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2017, 04:18:04 PM »
Hi all 😀

My name is Stas (user Nzuku) I live in Melbourne born in Russia came here when I was 3. I'm 27 and play around with drift cars and 4wds (black holes don't ever do it)

Recently got my self a race SIM setup after wanting one for quite a long time.

Looking forward to racing with you guys soon once Optus fixes my internet connection...

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
Hi all 😀

My name is Stas (user Nzuku) I live in Melbourne born in Russia came here when I was 3. I'm 27 and play around with drift cars and 4wds (black holes don't ever do it)

Recently got my self a race SIM setup after wanting one for quite a long time.

Looking forward to racing with you guys soon once Optus fixes my internet connection...
Hi Stas. Welcome1 I am sure Wally will send you more info when your connection is ready. In the meantime, have a look at the sections dedicated to the Tuesday league and the Thursday fun races to see what we do and---in case you have to choose like I do---which one would suit you best. Also, as soon as your connection is good enough, join us in the many open servers Marty, Phil, Wally and other organize. Just search for "XGN" in the launcher.

Cheers!

Offline Nzuku

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2017, 05:59:08 PM »
Thank you for the welcome,

yeh i have spoken to wally about entering the tuesday races, looking forward to it, hopefully i can make it into a couple races this season, if not will defiantly be in the next :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2017, 06:03:18 PM »
Hi Stas and welcome. We hope to see you on track as soon as you can :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline ASTRO SPECTRA

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »
hey all, Im Astro, raced a few games with some of you already. was interested in perhaps going on the race lists for tuesday/thursday nights. im probably better off being a backup as im often on call etc for work. so can be tricky to commit. ill be around mostly of a night. Hope to catch some of you on the track :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2017, 10:58:22 AM »
hey all, Im Astro, raced a few games with some of you already. was interested in perhaps going on the race lists for tuesday/thursday nights. im probably better off being a backup as im often on call etc for work. so can be tricky to commit. ill be around mostly of a night. Hope to catch some of you on the track :)
Hi Astro, and welcome. I'll send you a PM with Tuesday details.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »

Welcome Astro.
Look forward to seeing you on track ..... in my mirrors  :P
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal