Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 324879 times)

Offline PC49NZ

• View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2015, 05:48:10 PM »
Hello All.

My name Is Jim (PC49NZ), that tells quite a bit about me actually.

I have never done online racing, but have chased, at some very high speeds, some not so nice individuals in real life, for more years than I care to think about.

I got involved in this site through Maurice King, alias 'Mozzman' who is  well known in the racing circles.  I hope one day to meet you all online and will try my best to keep out of the way of you fast guys.  Just remember though us wrinkles do tend to potter along.

Regards to you all, it's a pleasure to be a member. Oh, nearly forgot, bought my copy through Steam.
Jim
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:28:52 PM by PC49NZ »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »
Welcome Jim. Where is Mozzman? Haven't yet seen him on the XGN servers as yet. Did however see him briefly on one of Marty's servers though.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
Hello All.

My name Is Jim (PC49NZ), that tells quite a bit about me actually.

I have never done online racing, but have chased, at some very high speeds, some not so nice individuals in real life, for more years than I care to think about.

I got involved in this site through Maurice King, alias 'Mozzman' who is  well known in the racing circles.  I hope one day to meet you all online and will try my best to keep out of the way of you fast guys.  Just remember though us wrinkles do tend to potter along.

Regards to you all, it's a pleasure to be a member.
Jim

Are you a NZ cop Joe??? Just like on 10-bro-7 or whatever that cop show is?? and welcome aboard! We won't hold the NZ bit against you.. too often.  ;)

Offline PC49NZ

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2015, 06:48:55 PM »
Hello Dick,

Spent all my working life in the Police, mainly in sole Charge Stations, in the back blocks of the Country where if you required help it could take 2-3 hours to get it,  and in younger times, when I thought I was bullet proof, in the AOS (Armed Offenders Squad).

Unfortunately, was involved in a ding dong battle in the wee hours, on my lonesome at the time,  and as a result I was left with severe spinal injuries (and a long stay at Burwood Spinal Hospital in Christchurch) which has left me extremely disabled (bed or Wheelchair ridden now).

Regards,
Jim.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:33:02 PM by PC49NZ »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2015, 06:49:33 PM »
Hi Jim and welcome to the simming fun and goodness that's to be had here.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline PC49NZ

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »
Thank you Wally, and Gatulin, Mozzman I see wrote an article under the 'hardware' banner about a week ago.  I'll chase him along to get him active on the racing side.
Jim.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »
Hello Dick,

Spent all my working life in the Police, mainly in sole Charge Stations, in the back blocks of the Country where if you required help it could take 2-3 hours to get it,  and in younger times, when I thought I was bullet proof, in the AOS (Armed Offenders Squad).

Unfortunately, was involved in a ding dong battle in the wee hours, on my lonesome at the time,  and as a result I was left with severe spinal injuries which has left me extremely disabled (bed or Wheelchair ridden now).

Regards,
Jim.

Wow, I bet you have some stories Jim. Sounds like one story in particular could have ended tragically, even though you are still dealing with it to this day.. But you know, thanks for making the place safer! Tough job Jim!

We will watch our speeding.. Some guys here go way too fast. I hope you still have your ticket book..

Offline steve_xland

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
Hi All,

Been around for years racing sims so probably seen of few of you either in public servers or in League racing.
42 at the moment, Aussie Born, living in North Island of Sheep Shaggerland & love it here.
Have a wife, Kids & Mortgage & try to hide money away to race my Superkart occasionally.

I use a 4-monitor setup & use a G27 (with shifter).

Look forward to some good racing with you all.

Steve
"that;s what she actually looks like!" - Pablo Picasso

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2015, 07:20:42 PM »
Hi All,

Been around for years racing sims so probably seen of few of you either in public servers or in League racing.
42 at the moment, Aussie Born, living in North Island of Sheep Shaggerland & love it here.
Have a wife, Kids & Mortgage & try to hide money away to race my Superkart occasionally.

I use a 4-monitor setup & use a G27 (with shifter).

Look forward to some good racing with you all.

Steve

Hi Steve. Welcome to XGN. I've sent you a PM.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2015, 10:52:57 AM »
Hi all,

This is my first foray into a non-rfactor racing games since *Ysu's GTL league here from nearly a decade ago. I'm going to try and join you for the fun run tonight. Look forward to seeing you all on track. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:58:30 PM by christopheraser »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »
Hi all,

This is my first foray into a non-rfactor racing games since xsu's GTL league here from nearly a decade ago. I'm going to try and join you for the fun run tonight. Look forward to seeing you all on track.

Well howdy doody christoperraser great to see you, has it really been that long?  See you on track.

PS places available for Thursday night's run.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:51:03 PM by Flattop »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »
Welcome back!
Ysu here, renamed to something more user-friendly ;) 

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2015, 11:27:33 AM »
Welcome back!
Ysu here, renamed to something more user-friendly ;)

Awesome man, really glad to see you are still around.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2015, 11:29:24 PM »
Hi guys, I'm AJ. 36 years old, happily married with no kids and two cats. Used to work in IT but recently I've been helping my Mrs out with her Photography business.

Been Sim Racing on and off ever since I got one of these bad boys at about the age of 6
. I recognise a few names on here from around the traps and maybe some of you recognise me too (I go by the name AJ in AC as well). Look forward to seeing you more on the track! :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2015, 06:13:32 AM »
Welcome aboard AJ.   Was the awesome retro steering wheel by chance for the Atari?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal