Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 317718 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2015, 07:16:30 AM »
Hi guys, I'm AJ. 36 years old, happily married with no kids and two cats. Used to work in IT but recently I've been helping my Mrs out with her Photography business.

Been Sim Racing on and off ever since I got one of these bad boys at about the age of 6
. I recognise a few names on here from around the traps and maybe some of you recognise me too (I go by the name AJ in AC as well). Look forward to seeing you more on the track! :)

Hi AJ. Welcome to XGN. A fun series of 4 weeks at the Ring starts next Tuesday. You can read about it here:

http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1241.0

Come along.... I'll PM you the password.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »
Howdy AJ, and if I remember correctly, welcome back. 
Where did you get the adapter for the wheel to PC? I think I could you use one of those better!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
Welcome aboard AJ.   Was the awesome retro steering wheel by chance for the Atari?

Cheers mate. It was actually for the Colecovision!

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2015, 01:37:47 PM »
Howdy AJ, and if I remember correctly, welcome back. 
Where did you get the adapter for the wheel to PC? I think I could you use one of those better!

Not a welcome back really, my first time here. Might have been another AJ around before I guess :)

I wish I still had the wheel!

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2015, 01:38:09 PM »
Hi guys, I'm AJ. 36 years old, happily married with no kids and two cats. Used to work in IT but recently I've been helping my Mrs out with her Photography business.

Been Sim Racing on and off ever since I got one of these bad boys at about the age of 6
. I recognise a few names on here from around the traps and maybe some of you recognise me too (I go by the name AJ in AC as well). Look forward to seeing you more on the track! :)

Hi AJ. Welcome to XGN. A fun series of 4 weeks at the Ring starts next Tuesday. You can read about it here:

Thanks Wally, will have a look! :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »

Thanks Wally, will have a look! :)
What? my memory? opps.
AJ also tonight a fun run... http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1233.msg21275;topicseen#new
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline fozzy

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 01, 2015, 10:18:31 AM »
hey boys, Michael (aka fozzy) here, i'm 18, used to sim race a few years ago on rfactor and iracing, and i am looking to get back into it on AC. Have a fairly below average computer, and race on a g27 (use shifter and clutch in cars that have it).

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2015, 12:23:51 PM »
hey boys, Michael (aka fozzy) here, i'm 18, used to sim race a few years ago on rfactor and iracing, and i am looking to get back into it on AC. Have a fairly below average computer, and race on a g27 (use shifter and clutch in cars that have it).
Gday fozzy, welcome. Come along to some of the upcoming Tuesday and Thursday fun runs. I'll PM you some details later.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2015, 12:41:37 PM »
Heya Fozzy  :D
Welcome duuude!!  :P

Offline timk

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »
G'day everyone!

I'm Tim and I've recently parted with my MX-5. I used to attend track days (just club sprints) so now I'm jumping on AC to get my fix.

Every time I set up my wheel the kids want to take over the computer, I think my 6 year old daughter is a better steerer than most typical Brisbane drivers you see on the way to work!

Cheers

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2015, 08:29:21 AM »
G'day everyone!

I'm Tim and I've recently parted with my MX-5. I used to attend track days (just club sprints) so now I'm jumping on AC to get my fix.

Every time I set up my wheel the kids want to take over the computer, I think my 6 year old daughter is a better steerer than most typical Brisbane drivers you see on the way to work!

Cheers

Hi Tim and welcome. Come along to some of the upcoming Tuesday or Thursday fun runs. The next season proper on Tuesdays starts in January. At the moment on Tuesdays, we're tackling the Nordshleife in a variety of cars. See here. I'll PM you some details, so check your messages.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »
Hi all,

I'm Darren (doobs or mofodoobs) and I'm returning after a couple of years absence. Currently working in a musical equipment shop, have been a public servant, and worked in a coffee roast house. I roast my own coffee, and like making food.

I raced NKPRo here for a couple of seasons and I'm really looking forward to returning.

I started out with Indy500 on the Amiga (I'm not counting pitstop on the 64), F1GP before eventually moving to Indycar Racing 2 on the PC. I started online competition over at Austeam with Nascar 4, then Nascar 2003, and rFactor before iracing splintered the online racing community a bit. I've been at iracing for over 5 years but rarely compete. It's not much fun, unlike here.  :)

Cheers
Darren

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2015, 11:50:47 PM »
Hi all,

I'm Darren (doobs or mofodoobs) and I'm returning after a couple of years absence. Currently working in a musical equipment shop, have been a public servant, and worked in a coffee roast house. I roast my own coffee, and like making food.

I raced NKPRo here for a couple of seasons and I'm really looking forward to returning.

I started out with Indy500 on the Amiga (I'm not counting pitstop on the 64), F1GP before eventually moving to Indycar Racing 2 on the PC. I started online competition over at Austeam with Nascar 4, then Nascar 2003, and rFactor before iracing splintered the online racing community a bit. I've been at iracing for over 5 years but rarely compete. It's not much fun, unlike here.  :)

Cheers
Darren
It's a good bunch of guys here. You'll have fun, and there's someone for everybody to race against :)

Offline Stupid Sexy Flanders

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »
Hey all, I'm Jake from the Gold Coast. 29 years old, working from home and living the bachelor life.

Brand new to simracing and racing in general. I'll admit I've never been a car person - I drive a Mazda 3 and 99% of my time at the Indy/GC600 is spent looking for boobies - but for some reason I recently had the urge to get a racing wheel and give simracing a go. I picked myself up a G27 off Gumtree, bought a couple games (AC, Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Wreckfest and a free 3-month trial for iRacing) and have been having so much fun with it over the past couple weeks. It's basically consumed me, when I'm not racing or working I'm watching youtube videos on how to improve my lap times or day dreaming about my future 6DOF motion simulator with Occulus Rift sim rig.

AC is my favourite of the sims but I'm always having trouble finding servers where the players actually race instead of playing destruction derby with each other. I'm here because you guys seem to take the racing more seriously while still having a lot of fun- looks like a great little community. Hoping to get involved with the league next year.

Anyway I'm looking forward to meeting you all on the track and hit me up if you want to race.

Cheers

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2015, 11:50:38 AM »
Hey all, I'm Jake from the Gold Coast. 29 years old, working from home and living the bachelor life.

Hi Jake. Welcome to XGN. Yes, we have fun and race hard while still not playing for sheepstations, every Tuesday and Thursday night. Come along to some of the upcoming fun runs on those nights if you get a chance. Qually starts at 8:30 pm Eastern Daylight Savings time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal