Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing

Author Topic: Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing  (Read 49431 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2016, 11:50:12 PM »
Oops, fixed.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2016, 12:16:51 AM »
Oops, fixed.

Excellent. Completely intentional I assume. I saw you going wide and was trying to hug the inside then you disappeared off helicorsa so wasnt sure what happened.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2016, 08:07:31 AM »
Oops, fixed.

Excellent. Completely intentional I assume. I saw you going wide and was trying to hug the inside then you disappeared off helicorsa so wasnt sure what happened.
Amazing Wally, you don't get to do that very often.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2016, 08:22:11 AM »
Oops, fixed.

I was countersteering and downshifting. I think I always subconsciously think about where the track is when I'm off like that. I ran a bit wide after the slight jump and clipped the grass, which sent me into the slide.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2016, 08:49:48 AM »
that was a bit of fancy driving, the spectators had complete faith in your driving skills too, they didn't even flinch.  They may thought twice when seeing the latter part after reentering and trying to pickup up the can of beer off the floor and weaving!

Well no wonder the RUF was "okay"for me, I was driving it pretty slowly, when I tried to pick up the pace, I found a grass edge, normally a different spot each time and couldn't put a lap together.
Swapped to the other Porsche for race 2, but concentration and energy was on a slide, not to mention sore shift arm!  I think with a lot of practice a good season is on the way!
Roo, your server behaved well, at least for myself and those few around me. Thanks.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 09:56:14 AM »

Here's my fancy track re-entry in the red RUF on the last lap of race 1.

Can we hire out the Wally for exhibitions.  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
awesome driving wally
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 07:47:40 PM »
Do we want anything on the server for testing

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 08:01:06 PM »
Could you please put up Porsche 911 R , Lotus 2 Eleven and the Cobra on a track of your choice. Thanks Phil.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
Could you please put up Porsche 911 R , Lotus 2 Eleven and the Cobra on a track of your choice. Thanks Phil.
Can Wally do tricks in those cars???? ??? ???

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2016, 09:04:31 PM »

Server is up and you will need this track

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bridgehampton-race-circuit.6604/

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2016, 09:55:16 PM »
Can Wally do tricks in those cars???? ??? ???

Yeah, no worries.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2016, 09:57:25 PM »
Be aware of the chicane at the end of the lap before the start/finish straight. If you go off the track to the left you fall into a hole and have to force quit the game. Did it a few times learning the track and twice again today when pushing it.

I can see a few quitting then..

incorrect, only you

Lucky, I hate invisible holes/walls.  After a week of 4hrs per night of sleep I wasn't up to racing, had too many other things to deal with so didn't want to jeopardise anyones race with a careless mistake. Hope to get my new joystick Monday and then I won't have to fight the steering to keep the car on the track as it currently decides to steer to the left or right on its own randomly.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2016, 12:59:24 AM »

Server is up and you will need this track

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bridgehampton-race-circuit.6604/

I forgot how much fun the Bridgehampton track is, ran a few races in it and the 2 eleven seems fairly evenly matched with the 911R. Lotus lap time is slightly quicker I think but its also a bit more sketchy on the limit prone to snap into a tank slapper if you overdo the angle. The 911R is almost perfect here I think, I didnt try the cobra but the few that did seemed to be a bit off the pace in it but I will give it a go over the weekend at some point but it looks like a typical American muscle car that really doesnt like corners but has some pace on the drag strip.

edit: I did some laps in the Cobra and forgot how much fun that car is too, works real well at this track but its well down on the other two cars. Nearly 5 seconds slower around a lap so likely not the best mix of cars if your thinking of running them together but if just running the one car maybe switch the 911R to the older 911 RSR, the lotus switch for an older proto or GT car something like 911 GT1, 908, 917, 962, 935 etc but if your wanting 3 cars that match up you may want to rethink either bring 2 cars closer in laptimes to the cobra or find another car closer to the other 2.

The lotus and 911R are an interesting mix as they are similar in laptimes but done very differently. The lotus is slower in straights, faster overall by just a little but in a race both have their chances.

I dont know how cars like the 718RS spider would compare to the cobra or maybe the 911RSR.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:44:58 AM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2016, 12:17:35 PM »
I just tried the 911 RSR 3.0 and was withing a tenth of my time in the Cobra, this also being an old car probably fits better with the Thursdays spirit. There may be another of the older cars that could be close to these two cars, I will test a couple more and see if I can find some that match up ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal