Xtreme Gaming Network

Martys g27

Author Topic: Martys g27  (Read 29043 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Martys g27
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2015, 05:41:39 PM »
Ive had mine bolted to metal plate and haven't had any issues... yet.

Did you keep your G25? You could have used the parts on that.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 06:05:46 PM »
I actually just had a call from the store asking about it as they said its an odd failure. Wanted to know if I had dropped it or used an aftermarket wheel on it.

They said they are sending pics to logitech tonight and will have more info tomorrow and said that likely I may need to pay for repairs. I told the guy the broken piece cant cost more then $5 anyway and reminded him to check my purchase history from their store and also the fact I havent returned a single thing since 2006 which was my first purchase there. I did say I can pay for repairs but it will also likely make me choose another store for future pc purchases if a 12 month warranty has no meaning lol. Im sure with the amount I have spent with them they will try and deal with this asap and find a way to not charge reapir costs for a product that failed inside the warranty period.

I did check the g25 and took the top plate off that thinking I could use it but it had a different mount pattern so it didnt fit. G25 actually has a more solid plastic used for this and the g27 is much thinner with a more fragile feel to it. My g25 plastic plate was still fine with no fractures after years of use so odd that the g27 broke like this.

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 06:51:59 PM »
"tell 'em to get stuffed!"

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 08:00:53 AM »
I knew it. Even though you guys look smooth as silk, you have to be quite aggressive with your wheel to correct the car. I don't think I'm being aggressive enough.

Ps. Why don't you use your g25 in the mean time?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 10:55:02 AM »
The g25 broke which is why I got the g27.  ;) But that one was just through lots of use as it lasted a heck of a lot longer then I would have ever expected. Main reason I got a g27 is becauze of how oong that g25 lasted and the other wheels I was interested in werent yet available and far too expensive.

I just got called back from the shop and logitech said its a fairly common fault and so they are replacing it with a brand new unit. They have provided a new unit for me to pick up today already so good to see I will make the first round next tuesday. I would have been suprised if this was a rare fault after seeing the design and how it broke.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2015, 11:56:29 AM »
The g25 broke which is why I got the g27.  ;) But that one was just through lots of use as it lasted a heck of a lot longer then I would have ever expected. Main reason I got a g27 is becauze of how oong that g25 lasted and the other wheels I was interested in werent yet available and far too expensive.

I just got called back from the shop and logitech said its a fairly common fault and so they are replacing it with a brand new unit. They have provided a new unit for me to pick up today already so good to see I will make the first round next tuesday. I would have been suprised if this was a rare fault after seeing the design and how it broke.

Awesome result mate. well done! Maybe put something with a bit of give between the wheel and your desk. Like some rubber. I've actually found a big piece of old leather about 8mm thick. This has 'silenced' my wheel a fair bit. I use a racing rig though which has a bit of give in the wheel support anyway

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2015, 01:04:26 PM »
Yeah good to hear Marty... Aaaaa Neeeeew Wheel!!!!
Warranty dreams can come true!!  :D

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 01:16:54 PM »
Still tell 'em to get stuffed though.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »

What about Ballast, surely that would be the best solution to everything.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »

Ballast sounds like a great idea.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2015, 06:35:15 PM »

Good idea Marty.  Why don't we use this during league races?

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2015, 04:27:18 PM »
Well? Did you tell them to go shove thier ballast?
Will you be racing tonight?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2015, 05:07:21 PM »
Picked it up yesterday afternoon bonus of being next door to the shop lol. Would have sucked had they screwed me over and Id need to go elsewhere to buy my pc crap.

Gave the wheel a good workout in the gta last nite on one of my servers and didnt break it. Looks like a rare rain free thirsday nite in Melbourne so unlikely you will get to see your beloved bieber on track. Sorry Dick maybe give that skin to someone else if you want to keep your eyes on the road and not on your bieber shrine during the race.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2015, 05:31:10 PM »
Picked it up yesterday afternoon bonus of being next door to the shop lol. Would have sucked had they screwed me over and Id need to go elsewhere to buy my pc crap.

Gave the wheel a good workout in the gta last nite on one of my servers and didnt break it. Looks like a rare rain free thirsday nite in Melbourne so unlikely you will get to see your beloved bieber on track. Sorry Dick maybe give that skin to someone else if you want to keep your eyes on the road and not on your bieber shrine during the race.

The Bieber car has been shelved.... for the moment...
your car is the same as Guybrush's except blue. I can't give it to anyone else unless their name is Marty..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal