Xtreme Gaming Network

S35R1 - Road America

Author Topic: S35R1 - Road America  (Read 12558 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S35R1 - Road America
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 07:55:05 AM »
Nice one AGK, I did the same thing. I thought "Woo hoo! I can enter the pits as fast as I like," and then promptly spun it.

@killagorilla, at the start of the ute race, my PC froze for a fraction of a second, and I bounced off the car to my right when it came good.

I was a second or two off the pace in race 2. I had front and back body damage, and I was umming and ahhing about whether to fix it in the stop, but the car felt OK so I didn't do repairs. Maybe I should have.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 09:00:15 AM »
Well done Killa. Didnt seem to be a way to close the gap without mistakes; I made one and you didn;t.

So maybe I should have read this somewhere before but this is being run like two seasons? I assumed the points would be added together.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »
@killagorilla, at the start of the ute race, my PC froze for a fraction of a second, and I bounced off the car to my right when it came good.

Oh, that's bad luck. Yeah, sorry, I think it was actually AGK next to me going side-by-side through a number of turns at the start. I was on the outside and thought, 'ooh, that's gonna be drama', but it wasn't...perfectly clean racing. Again, I find grip is very low with cold tyres at the start.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 10:30:33 AM »
Well done Killa. Didnt seem to be a way to close the gap without mistakes; I made one and you didn;t.

So maybe I should have read this somewhere before but this is being run like two seasons? I assumed the points would be added together.
Yep, two different standings - the support category and the main category.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »
Good nights racing!  Qualified slightly better than expected in the utes for 6th.  I was tracking along okay with AB and Phil, but twice ran wide at the long right hander and grabbed some sand loosing ground to get home 8th.  Not super confident in these but hopefully practice makes perfect!!
Supercars were a different story as the seas parted and i jumped to 3rd on the first lap, but it wasn't long before Phil and a pretty quick Mael were past.  I ran long on the first stint with the softs holding up well but then threw on the super softs for the final 6 laps.  I had AB close behind and really pushed to catch Simone in front.  I took a big dive at the final turn on Simone but then he fired off track (turns out he was out of fuel) and then a final slip on the last lap saw AB past, but happy with a 3rd place to start the season.

Interesting that I got the "Busiest" tag with a total gap of 12.39 seconds . . . . doesn't sound very busy!

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »
Well done Killa,
Well could not get any worse for me.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 01:55:30 PM »

Interesting that I got the "Busiest" tag with a total gap of 12.39 seconds . . . . doesn't sound very busy!
You were pretty close to someone nearly all the time, except for the section in the middle of the race when people were pitting.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 02:36:12 PM »

You were pretty close to someone nearly all the time, except for the section in the middle of the race when people were pitting.
Just couldn't correlate the 12 second gap with busiest!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 03:09:39 PM »

Just couldn't correlate the 12 second gap with busiest!
You can see it in the "gap to leader" chart. You were battling with Simone and ab156 for a long time, while others ended up more spread out.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2020, 03:55:40 PM »
Fuck ye!!!   Does not happen often that ,while racing online i can  smell burnt fuel from the guy ahead and hearing the  screeching rubbers  of the guy behind!!!!!!!
I was expecting more from the brute Holden but in the end i got what i deserve. Top...top professional start with the v8s...Huge first 2 laps. After practicing a couples of hours with the super soft during the week for some drunken decision i put the soft on and then using the super soft in the pits.....wrong!!!   It turned out it was all super soft,,,all the way mate!!

Yes freezer,, i went long cause my engine was coughing badly and i just wanted to evacuate the arena safely.

yes,,,2 litres seapareted  me from a psichedelic second position!!!!

Ab156 going straight at braking(not easy thing to do) approaching corner 5 Was NOICE!!!!!

Passing freezer while freezer still in the pits........,,/..,'       great online moments......thx guys!!

A big congrats to killa for the win.....I am jelous!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 04:09:25 PM by Simone »

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2020, 04:26:15 PM »
Oh Shit, I hadn't realised this season was starting last night!
Had a crap day at work and so I didn't bother heading out to the shed because I thought we still had another night of testing these cars before the season started...a big DOH moment from me  :-[
Hopefully I won't be too far behind come round 2

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »
Oh Shit, I hadn't realised this season was starting last night!
Had a crap day at work and so I didn't bother heading out to the shed because I thought we still had another night of testing these cars before the season started...a big DOH moment from me  :-[
Hopefully I won't be too far behind come round 2
You've always got the thought of the dropped round to cheer you up :)

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2020, 12:00:40 PM »
Penalties
Race 2 - ab156 for losing control and hitting Wally - 50kg penalty ballast for the next Supercars race.

One of the most deserved penalties! Won't be a thread debating this one  ;). Really sorry Wally, not even trying at that stage and just a rookie error - not in control of the car.

Other than that I had a good nights racing, Utes were more fun than expected but the V8s is where the real fun is.  Once the brake bias is sorted and a metre or 2 allowance applied in the braking zones they are pretty consistent. Great racing back through the field with the unfair advantage of SS. Was certain I was going to take out Simone at T5 as I went sliding by, lucky one there. From there on it was 100% intensity with Simone and Freezer, had a (passing) moment of empathy for Freezer when he handed 2nd to me going off at T5 on the last lap.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:06:44 PM by ab156 »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2020, 01:14:54 PM »
Since no-one is saying it.   :o

The SS tyre was by far the superior race tyre. It almost felt like cheating in the first few laps and it did not suffer much degradation.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2020, 04:05:36 PM »
Since no-one is saying it.   :o

The SS tyre was by far the superior race tyre. It almost felt like cheating in the first few laps and it did not suffer much degradation.
A ha, that's why you caught me so quickly! :)
I used it in the final stint but wasn't watching times and didn't realise we dropped into the 10s!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal