Xtreme Gaming Network

Camber Extravaganza 2.1

Author Topic: Camber Extravaganza 2.1  (Read 29131 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Camber Extravaganza 2.1
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »
There is an option under Settings > Integrated > Camber Extravaganza: to "Add missing tyres information". If that's not there then you need latest version. If it isn't updating then there is a permissions issue stopping the update program from over writing the old program. I just deleted and re-installed to fix that.
Yeah it's an old version (real old)
The only things under Intergrated are Race Essentials, Sidekick and Real Head Motion.
It's still v0.8.1159.24085 (8/12/17) and I see they're up to 0.8.1606.32525 (7/3/18)
I've sent the developer a message so hopefully I get a reply soon. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »
Just download the latest version and delete the old one. It's just a single EXE file.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 06:08:47 PM »
Come on Bacc! You CAN have the latest version of at least one bit of software

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »
No, I can't.
The latest d/l version is 0.8.1575.31871, so it's still not the latest (but it does have Camber interaction).
So unless the auto update starts working, I'll never have the latest version. ::)

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »
Spoke too soon.
Now it won't connect to anything at all, so no online racing through CM. >:(

Now I need a shower and a beer, so I'll dick with it later.....

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »
Reboot fixed it, although it still hasn't updated the pop-up no longer 'pops up'.
Enough about CM, back to the Extravaganza.

Does anyone else think it gives 'shallow' readings?
I set up the 599XX using it and the wheels are a lot more vertical than the default setup, very noticeable when you load my set whilst looking at the car's exterior.
The cambers ended up something like -0.3F and 0R (can't remember exactly) but most race cars I hear about are around the -2.0 degree mark front, if not a lot more (I think F1 are restricted to -3.5 and they're stiffly sprung so hardly roll at all).
BTCC and Supercars have visually large cambers, surely over -3.0 degrees.
And I was getting nice, green readings with no red.
Just seems a bit funky to me. :-\

The caveat is I've only used it on the Fezza, as all the other cars I tried were 'unrecognized' mods.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 08:26:29 PM »
Reboot fixed it, although it still hasn't updated the pop-up no longer 'pops up'.
Enough about CM, back to the Extravaganza.

Does anyone else think it gives 'shallow' readings?
I set up the 599XX using it and the wheels are a lot more vertical than the default setup, very noticeable when you load my set whilst looking at the car's exterior.
The cambers ended up something like -0.3F and 0R (can't remember exactly) but most race cars I hear about are around the -2.0 degree mark front, if not a lot more (I think F1 are restricted to -3.5 and they're stiffly sprung so hardly roll at all).
BTCC and Supercars have visually large cambers, surely over -3.0 degrees.
And I was getting nice, green readings with no red.
Just seems a bit funky to me. :-\

The caveat is I've only used it on the Fezza, as all the other cars I tried were 'unrecognized' mods.
Dude, read this: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/camber-extravaganza-show-your-camber-in-real-time-v1-12-2017-02-12.43042/page-9#post-961633
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 09:03:32 PM »
And this is where AC fails to some extent, if you drive an race car where the camber should be in the range of 3.5 degree and you would
adjust it to 0.5 degree the tyre would be toast after half a lap. Even running 1 degree lower have big impact on tyre life and overheating.

This one reason why tuning an car in AC differ from real life tuning, and tools like this could help.
But as always, it's not as easy just to set an optimal value, it's always an compromise of several things.
I tend to agree with this bloke.
I believe your testing Wally, that it calculates the best camber for AC's algorithms, just that the ultimate outcome is non-realistic.
But this is a required limitation.
An F1 driver-in-the-loop sim requires the equivalent of 6 top end PC's just for the physics, which is what you need to calculate every compliance fully.

2+2=√16

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 10:15:19 PM »
It's still v0.8.1159.24085 (8/12/17) and I see they're up to 0.8.1606.32525 (7/3/18)

Where are you getting these version numbers from. Mine auto updates fine and it's 0.8.1575.31871. A manual check for updates finds nothing. The page that is linked on the CM "About" screen for "More Information" (http://acstuff.ru/app/) has a download link to Content Manager (0.8.1575.31871).zip. So you are looking at unreleased versions.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 10:30:55 PM »
About/Release Notes

The Recent Changes button links me to a page that says this:

15 hours ago
Couple of UI bugfixes.

2+2=√16

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
Ah, OK.
Well I guess the latest changes haven't been released in a stable version yet.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 07:34:30 AM »
And this is where AC fails to some extent, if you drive an race car where the camber should be in the range of 3.5 degree and you would
adjust it to 0.5 degree the tyre would be toast after half a lap. Even running 1 degree lower have big impact on tyre life and overheating.

This one reason why tuning an car in AC differ from real life tuning, and tools like this could help.
But as always, it's not as easy just to set an optimal value, it's always an compromise of several things.
I tend to agree with this bloke.
I believe your testing Wally, that it calculates the best camber for AC's algorithms, just that the ultimate outcome is non-realistic.
But this is a required limitation.
An F1 driver-in-the-loop sim requires the equivalent of 6 top end PC's just for the physics, which is what you need to calculate every compliance fully.
That could well be true. I don't know if this is a peculiarity of the 599 - I haven't repeated the experiment with something like a GT3 car, say.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 11:31:16 PM »
Seems to be just another reason to doubt Ferrari's engineering skills. :P
Most of my "guestimates" in other cars (roadster/indy, Buick/bristol, F2, F79 & 72D) proved pretty close.
And there was a definite improvement with 'green' cambers so the app is an essential setup tool for me now. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2018, 11:59:23 AM »
So now that you're optimised for lateral grip, I'll be able to brake deeper into the corner and pass you. Bwah ha haaaaa.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 12:20:53 PM »
Everyone brakes later than me anyway.

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal