Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 1: Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 1: Imola Race Chat  (Read 44537 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Season 1 Race 1 chat
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »
It was a mighty chase...:)
I think overtaking is going to be a biatch until we get drafting.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »
Little video of some of the action between TKO Racing (black) and Projekt Rennesport (white). It was great (and surprising) how close the two teams were in both races. I'm looking forward to the competition between the teams.

[youtube]epO9ity50QE[/youtube]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »
The second race I was keeping it on track a lot better than the 1st race. I had a couple of small slides but no 180's. I think it was Darren who lapped me on about lap 7. Bastard! lol I retired to the pits then to stay out of the way and sulk in my helmet..
 would be nice to have a spectator mode in those cases.

Sorry Dick that likely wasnt Darren but me as I started about 1 minute late and caught the first few cars around lap 7. Darren was crazy fast though but even still no need to retire even if getting lapped. Simply make it clear which side your taking and stay there to let the leaders through generally outside line down a straight and slow maybe a bit sooner showing your giving room is appreciated by those lapping.

I think my computer troubles were just my PSU starting to give up the ghost and at high loads it couldnt maintain the power needed for my setup. It has been making some odd noises and this may also have been causing some of the audio issues from my mic possibly.

I hope to sort these out during the week but Im getting some good practice at reverse grid racing, can be quite fun especially if others dont drive overly defensive then trying to fight the way through the pack. I didnt see anyone driving too defensively and all were fair once a clean move was made.

In race one my progress stopped once I reached the top 10 and for one lap at least the guys infront cant remember who, were side by side most of the lap which was pretty cool to see and no contact I think. Thats when me and cramjet had a good battle for a couple laps too as we both tried to get past the guys infront.

Look forward to the rest of the season and hope achilles heel can get some points of the teams ahead atm, will be quite interesting with the varied cars and especially the next round. Maybe we need to give Darren the regular e30 for the rest of the season hed still f8nd a way to win lol.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure Darren will use the Group A all season...by definition of being in the top half on the results (and it's the overall results if I'm correct)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2014, 02:48:36 PM »
The second race I was keeping it on track a lot better than the 1st race. I had a couple of small slides but no 180's. I think it was Darren who lapped me on about lap 7. Bastard! lol I retired to the pits then to stay out of the way and sulk in my helmet..
 would be nice to have a spectator mode in those cases.

Sorry Dick that likely wasnt Darren but me as I started about 1 minute late and caught the first few cars around lap 7. Darren was crazy fast though but even still no need to retire even if getting lapped. Simply make it clear which side your taking and stay there to let the leaders through generally outside line down a straight and slow maybe a bit sooner showing your giving room is appreciated by those lapping.

I think my computer troubles were just my PSU starting to give up the ghost and at high loads it couldnt maintain the power needed for my setup. It has been making some odd noises and this may also have been causing some of the audio issues from my mic possibly.

I hope to sort these out during the week but Im getting some good practice at reverse grid racing, can be quite fun especially if others dont drive overly defensive then trying to fight the way through the pack. I didnt see anyone driving too defensively and all were fair once a clean move was made.

In race one my progress stopped once I reached the top 10 and for one lap at least the guys infront cant remember who, were side by side most of the lap which was pretty cool to see and no contact I think. Thats when me and cramjet had a good battle for a couple laps too as we both tried to get past the guys infront.

Look forward to the rest of the season and hope achilles heel can get some points of the teams ahead atm, will be quite interesting with the varied cars and especially the next round. Maybe we need to give Darren the regular e30 for the rest of the season hed still f8nd a way to win lol.

Hi Marty,
It was Darren, I think you passed me a 1 or 2 laps before Darren. I knew you had started late and there was no-one chasing you either.
i have to say Marty, I enjoy your dead-pan humour. Maybe you aren't even trying to be funny. For example I found you asking about if your mic was annoying to Bird quite humorous.
 Actually you are all bunch of characters it seems.

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2014, 02:59:45 PM »
Was a bit annoyed with race 1 but it ended up being good fun. I think I'd hit escape to go back to pits when the session ended in the background or something so it went back to pits instead of the grid. Since I didn't have to worry about the start I left softs and the qualifying gears on which helped me overtake. Everyone was nice and clean which is always good to see.

Second race I took softs again and just tried to drive clean and steady to make sure they didn't go off at the end like they did in race 1 so it was pretty uneventful.

I expect Marty to smash everyone next week. We Group A drivers will just have to try harder :)

You can use shortcuts to switch cars in multiplayer if you want to watch other people,  then F1 I think it is to cycle views. Don't know if you can get a tv cam that way. I think you have to be in car, so you could just sit in the pits and do it.

CTRL+1: switch to previous opponent car
CTRL+3: switch to next opponent car
CTRL+2: switch to player car

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2014, 03:05:20 PM »
My pc does not like the online races with 20 ppl,and  last night proved that,,,stuttering ,poor frame rates and the occasional artefact did not help a nice visual experience,,

It seems 2 gig vm is really needed for games of today, I recently got a 770 and if your going to stay with single screen gaming then this is pretty good. 780 is still a bit pricey for me..... or you could stay with Ati as the 290 is pretty decent card/good value for money or again step up to a 290X but it all starts costing then.

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2014, 10:58:24 PM »
Thanks for a great night last night guys, 2 good races. Good to see so many names on track again.

Thank you to our race engineer, Glen, setup worked very well.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

BJ

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 09:11:44 AM »
I notice with the replay I can get up peoples pedals and gear selections etc. I didn't watch it for too long but noticed it was a bit jerky (no not you guys in the cars) so not sure if I will be able to get any genuine learning from it or just annoyed at the frame rates in the replay.

I don't think we've answered this at all.

You can only get smooth replay for the car that the replay is made from.   The rest will be recorded with their lag included (since it's recorded on client side, you can't help this).  So for educational purposes you really need to acquire the replay for the car you want to study.

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 09:22:36 AM »
Found out last night if you go to the chat window when out of car you can just click on the driver name in the list to watch them. No need to dick about with the shortcuts.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 09:29:36 AM »
That's great guys.
  I'll have to try that from the pits next time.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2014, 05:10:25 PM »
I'm updating my netKar log parser to work with the unstructured junk that the AC server spits out, and making good progress.

Here's the latest results output: http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/season-1-round-1-bmw-me-e30-at-imola.html

For those that haven't seen it before, you can click on a racer name to expand more details.
"Cons" is the consistency of your lap times - the smaller the number, the more consistent you are.

I'll be able to refine it as more info gets output by the server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »
Great stuff Wally.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2014, 05:28:30 PM »
Thanks Wally, shall be interesting comparing consistency. ..

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2014, 05:53:41 PM »
Consistency is King, something I've lost in the nK-AC switch. :(

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal