Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R1: Paul Ricard WTCC Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R1: Paul Ricard WTCC Race Chat  (Read 20599 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S27R1: Paul Ricard WTCC Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 10:44:18 PM »
No idea how you can do 1:45's with the Z4 or the Nissan...I'm doing 1:48's. Nissan drives nice (but slow with me behind the steering wheel), the Z4 has bad oversteering at entries...and the Mustang just wants to go straight  ;)
Doesn't look good for me.
Set up wise in the Nissan, I've gone full negative camber and no rear wing.
In my Nissan I have a lot of negative tow and no rear wing!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 10:47:34 PM »
No idea how you can do 1:45's with the Z4 or the Nissan...I'm doing 1:48's. Nissan drives nice (but slow with me behind the steering wheel), the Z4 has bad oversteering at entries...and the Mustang just wants to go straight  ;)

Did exactly the same. Also TC off. Did a few laps tonight it's a fun car to drive here.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 11:00:06 PM »
Cheers Wally, that was good advice. Still slow compared to server times, but it got me 1.8s after a few laps.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 10:44:09 AM »
Cheers Freezer and Joe. I changed from the Mustang back to the Nissan and will try that tonight. My PB is at 1:46.7 so I got to find some more time...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 06:13:50 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 07:47:38 PM »
I'll be out again Wally.

The PC clock was resetting every time I started the PC so I thought that's an easy fix, I'll just replace the CMOS battery. Now the PC won't boot at all, just stalls at the Windows Logo.

I didn't realize when I got into SIM racing that they also simulated the frustration of real racing!! Bah!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 08:38:57 PM »
I'll be out again Wally.

The PC clock was resetting every time I started the PC so I thought that's an easy fix, I'll just replace the CMOS battery. Now the PC won't boot at all, just stalls at the Windows Logo.

I didn't realize when I got into SIM racing that they also simulated the frustration of real racing!! Bah!
Unfortunately you are simulating the ups and downs!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 10:20:44 PM »
Checked the replay and I definitely went from 2nd to 1st and blew the engine on that last race. I'm 98% sure I put it in 3rd both times, so like Phil said I'll have to try and re-calibrate the h-shifter. Annoying though as had good pace this week.

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 10:41:49 PM »
Thanks Guys, fun night with some tight racing. Only a roll on the second race start was a bit annoying, but that's racing.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2019, 10:46:44 PM »
Checked the replay and I definitely went from 2nd to 1st and blew the engine on that last race. I'm 98% sure I put it in 3rd both times, so like Phil said I'll have to try and re-calibrate the h-shifter. Annoying though as had good pace this week.

I had the same issue in practice earlier in the week using the bodnar adaptor with the G27 shifter. Did a fresh calibration and no issues tonight. Not with the shifter anyway

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2019, 11:21:55 PM »
Results are up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 08:12:26 AM »
I surprised myself by getting pole, but thankfully that set up my night. I didn't have any of the fastest laps, but was able to be the most consistent in every race, just putting in clean, fast laps that saw me not really challenged expect for some pressure from Phil's Mustang in race 2.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2019, 08:43:31 AM »
I surprised myself by getting pole, but thankfully that set up my night. I didn't have any of the fastest laps, but was able to be the most consistent in every race, just putting in clean, fast laps that saw me not really challenged expect for some pressure from Phil's Mustang in race 2.

Nice work Wally. Start position seems key here as it was pretty hard going to makes passes.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 10:11:31 AM »
Oops, I'm sorry for the no show, I've completely messed up the days.  They seem to blur together lately, a bit. :/

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 10:57:20 AM »
Oops, I'm sorry for the no show, I've completely messed up the days.  They seem to blur together lately, a bit. :/
I thought you might have had a brain fade :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal