Xtreme Gaming Network

READ THIS: Test my app tonight

Author Topic: READ THIS: Test my app tonight  (Read 8260 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
READ THIS: Test my app tonight
« on: November 18, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-pit-lane-penalty-app-for-repeated-track-cutting.17852/

This is a track cutting penalty app I've written that I'd like to test tonight. It is OPTIONAL.

And drive through penalties ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN.

Remember, you need to enable the app in the general options in the launcher. It's called "Pit Lane Penalty".

It's just a test.

One day, with a bit more polish, I might enforce the use of this app, but not yet.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:50:11 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: READ THIS: Test my app tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:20:50 PM »
Good one Wally, been giving it a bit of a test offline. Works fine.

rob

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »
looks good, I've installed it - will test it thoroughly tonight :D
They say I've got the lines for it ;)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »
Wally, I'm a complete numpty when it comes to computers but here's a question for ya.

I run the Spotter App and was wondering if it was possible to add an audio to your App? So when the on screen message is displayed it could trigger an audio file telling me to do a drive through. Just wondering is all.

rob

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »
I'll test it later Wally, not in a league race.
I've had enough issues with AC lately I'm not using addon apps at all. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »
Wally, I'm a complete numpty when it comes to computers but here's a question for ya.

I run the Spotter App and was wondering if it was possible to add an audio to your App? So when the on screen message is displayed it could trigger an audio file telling me to do a drive through. Just wondering is all.

rob

It does this in MiniApps and says something like "wheels out", so should be able to do it in Wally's.  I can't wait to hear Wally's dulcet tones gently assuring me of my vehicular position.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »
OH NO!! Not the "wheels out". That drove me crazy, turned that off quick smart. Lol

No, I was thinking more of the notification of the black flag/drive through penalty. I use the (iRacing) JJ spotter sound files, I'm sure that there is a black flag warning file in there somewhere.

rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 06:03:42 PM »
Yeah, there's a few apps that do sound. I'll get my wife to record some voice ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 06:19:41 PM »
OH NO!! Not the "wheels out". That drove me crazy, turned that off quick smart. Lol

No, I was thinking more of the notification of the black flag/drive through penalty. I use the (iRacing) JJ spotter sound files, I'm sure that there is a black flag warning file in there somewhere.

rob

I'd just have it announce when you get a warning, in race only, and then when you get a drive-through. Probably each lap until you take the penalty, telling you how many laps to go. And then screaming in your ear if you still haven't taken the penalty after 3 laps.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 06:33:56 PM »
And P.S. I'll make the whole thing smaller on the screen too, eventually.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 07:08:36 PM »
I had the app running in a practice run and had some stutter, may not have been it but I wont run it tonight as Ive just got rid of most 3rd party stuff now for the race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »
I had the app running in a practice run and had some stutter, may not have been it but I wont run it tonight as Ive just got rid of most 3rd party stuff now for the race.
It's unlikely to be a little app like this. While you're not cutting, the app is doing bugger all, really.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal