Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 9 Sign up and Details: Formula Renault 3.5

Author Topic: Season 9 Sign up and Details: Formula Renault 3.5  (Read 55069 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 9 Sign up and Details: Formula Renault 3.5
« on: September 23, 2015, 07:25:04 PM »
Car
Formula Renault 3.5 Mod DOWNLOAD
All races will use the high downforce package.

Format
15 min sprint followed by 30 min race with 1 pit stop. Fuel multiplier in race 2 is 3x. Tyres are 1x.

Schedule
R1, Oct 13: Imola, 10 laps and 19 laps.
R2, Oct 20: Silverstone, 9 laps and 17 laps
R3, Oct 27: Zandvoort [track download, 30 pit boxes]. 10 laps and 20 laps
R4, Nov 3: Spa, 7 laps and 14 laps
R5, Nov 10: Mugello, 10 laps and 19 laps
R6, Nov 17: Monza, 9 laps and 18 laps
R7, Nov 24: Barcelona Moto (subject to DLC2 takeup), 10 laps and 20 laps

Start Times
All times are EASTERN Daylight Savings time.

Practice: 7:30pm, 60 mins
Qualifying 1: 8:30pm, 20 mins
Race 1: 8:50pm
-- server restart --
Qualifying 2: 15 mins
Race 2: 9:20pm

Ballast
Ballast will be assigned after each race. The faster you are compared to others, the more ballast you get, in a nutshell. Your ballast may go up and down. You will get bonus points for carrying more ballast.

30 min race, 48,46,44… points down.

Bonus points and penalties are 2x in the longer races.
  • Ballast bonus: 0.5 pts for every whole 30 kg carried.
  • Team points are the accumulation of the individual team member's points. If a reserve stands in for an absent team member, they score points for the team.
  • Each driver's worst round is dropped, and the worst team round is also dropped.
  • Fastest lap bonus: 1 points awarded at the end of each race for the driver who sets the fastest lap time.
Weather
Air/track temps and cloud cover will be as per the real world location on the day, but there won’t be any rain. Grip will always start from about 95% and rise.

Penalties

• If a driver hits someone carelessly in turns 1 or 2 at the start of a race and it pushes them off the track or spins them, they get a 4 point penalty, and the driver hit will get a 4 point bonus. Because of the point penalty, you don’t have to redress any gained positions in turns 1 or 2 only.
  • If a driver gets two turn 1 or 2 penalties in a season, they will have to skip the first qualifying session of the next round and start the race from the back of the grid.
  • No other penalties will apply. The usual respect for other drivers and redressing unfairly gained positions will be expected as always.
Rules
  • Track Limits. The Pit Lane Penalty app 1.5 or greater is mandatory. More than 3 cuts will result in a 10 second post-race penalty. Details of the app are here: http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=758.0
  • Speeding in pit lane. Speeding in pit lane during a race session will result in a 10 second post-race penalty. Speeds above 90 kph will be penalised.
  • Redress. If you gain position advantage over another driver by colliding with them such that their car leaves the track, or by cutting the track yourself, you are expected to redress your position as soon as safely possible. Gaining position by "reasonable" side-by-side contact is allowed, but rear collisions must be avoided. This won't be enforced. It is an honour system.
  • Track Re-entry. You must always re-enter the track with extreme caution. Any collision on re-entry must be redressed.
  • Assists. Driving assists like ABS and TC can be used only if available on the car. There is no forced driving view.
  • Map and Mirrors. To assist in knowing where other cars are around you and on track (especially for leaving pits and re-entering the track after a spin), it is recommended to use the virtual mirror (F11) and turn on the track map which shows the nearby cars.
  • Tyres. There are no restrictions on tyre choice.
Server Details
The AC server is called www xgn com au TUE RACE
TeamSpeak is encouraged. The server is ts.xgn.com.au.

1. Wally, Pow R. Toc H. Racing
2. Bacchulum, Aleph Null Ltd
3. Phil.8, Pow R. Toc H. Racing
4. Joe, Golden Goat Gatherers
5. StanDaam, Golden Goat Gatherers
6. Guybrush, Achilles Heels
7. Freezer, Caterpillar Racing
8. Rolz, DA Racing
9. christopheraser
10. Grat, DA Racing
11. Bafs17, Italia Racing
12. Skaife, Caterpillar Racing
13. Chap, Aleph Null Ltd
14. Will, Double G Racing
15. Mael, Maelstrom Racing
16. Matthew111, Struggle Street Racing Crew
17. Jeremy, Struggle Street Racing Crew
18. Simone, Italia Racing
19. Grubbet, Maelstrom Racing
20. Skaife, Caterpillar Racing
21. Schmittez, Schmitwood Racing
22. EdWood, Schmitwood Racing
23. G0RGAK, Double G Racing

Reserves
1. Marty, Achilles Heels
2. Gratulin
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:55:08 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9 Sign up and Details: Formula Renault 3.5
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 07:35:36 PM »
Some important points:
  • See the red text for changes from last season.
  • PLP app version 1.5 is mandatory, to enforce pit lane speeding penalties [LINK]
  • I want to see everybody in a two man team. All this really means is that you will both be contributing points to your team tally. If you want to go a little further, you can do your best not to run your team mate off the track. A little further again, and you can share setups and tips etc.
    So when you sign up, nominate yourself to join a team. All you have to do is make up a team name. Anyone who's not in a team will be put into a team by headmaster Wally.
    P.S. I've put myself into Phil.8's team "Pow. R. Toc. H Racing".
  • Speeding in pits: it's not always immediately obvious where the pit lane speed limit starts at each track. The PLP app shows a green square when you're in pits and the speed limit applies (and you're not speeding - red when you are speeding). You can use this square, and a little practice, to find out exactly where the pit lane speed limit starts, in a practice or qualifying session.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:49:00 PM »
I'm in, Aleph Null Ltd. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 07:49:42 PM »
me please
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 07:59:39 PM »
I'm in! Golden Goat Gatherers ftw!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »
Please, yes.  Not sure if Marty is in though for the team.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 09:04:55 PM »
Not sure when I will be back from the next trip but I think we fly back on the 12th so should make the first round and should be home til the end of October after that, I will likely be away for all of November though. I think I will just go down as a reserve and if there is a spot when I am home I will run those rounds.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 09:33:10 PM »
Yes em! The call of the Golden Goat!! Maaaa!!!! :D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 11:07:32 PM »
Yes em! The call of the Golden Goat!! Maaaa!!!! :D

Thought I'd figure out this skinning business this evening. I'm shit at design stuff, but did this. WIP, needs more something...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 11:11:42 PM »
Excellent Joe, complete with team name!

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 11:23:12 PM »
I'm afraid I'm out for this Season Wally, as my poor old computer continues to give me Runtime Errors when trying to race on-line with the FR3.5

Like the Caterham Mod it crashes as it loads the cars. I am pretty sure its memory related as both mods run OK off-line in Hotlap mode.

Good racing and have fun guys.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 11:57:53 PM »
I'm in Wally . . . and I have made a start on my skin also!

Rolz

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 03:07:43 AM »
In please Wally!  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 07:35:32 AM »
I'm afraid I'm out for this Season Wally, as my poor old computer continues to give me Runtime Errors when trying to race on-line with the FR3.5

Like the Caterham Mod it crashes as it loads the cars. I am pretty sure its memory related as both mods run OK off-line in Hotlap mode.

Good racing and have fun guys.

That's bad luck, Rob. There may be a relatively simple and cheap improvement you can do, like putting more memory in. How much RAM have you got?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 08:16:50 AM »
A reminder for those not on daylight savings - times will be on Eastern Daylight Savings time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal