Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up  (Read 102678 times)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
Re: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »
Yes please for me Mr Wally  ;D ;D ;D
Yee fekkin haaaar!!!
GT3's are the best EVA!!!
Haven't decided which cars yet, surely that's worth a night of the test drivings!!  :-X :-* :-X

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Nissan GT-R GT3
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »
One thing Im not a huge fan of is the higher tyre wear. Gt3 cars have a few tyres but with the higher wear its just limiting choice where at regular wear with a few stops people can experiment with a few different compounds.

The long races in the GT3 series are 3 hours long. Since we're compressing 3 hours into 1 hour, that's 3x fuel and tyres.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »
yay gt3!! since theres a cps i think we should leave the fuel and tyre multiplier at a normal rate to make it interesting? I like the 2 race format.

How about gt3 camaro? matches up well to the official cars
do you even motorsports?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 06:34:11 PM »
Lamborghini, BMW, Audi

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »
I'll be back then and therefore I am definitely in!

If you are already taking the preferences, I guess mine would be BMW, McLaren, Audi.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2015, 07:47:08 PM »
yay gt3!! since theres a cps i think we should leave the fuel and tyre multiplier at a normal rate to make it interesting? I like the 2 race format.

How about gt3 camaro? matches up well to the official cars
I want to stick with official content. There's already quite a few cars to choose from.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 09:51:16 PM »
One thing Im not a huge fan of is the higher tyre wear. Gt3 cars have a few tyres but with the higher wear its just limiting choice where at regular wear with a few stops people can experiment with a few different compounds.

The long races in the GT3 series are 3 hours long. Since we're compressing 3 hours into 1 hour, that's 3x fuel and tyres.

The long races are actually 12hrs as in the Bathurst 12hr worldwide they are 24hr and even a 32hr race.

Id prefer longer races maybe 90 minutes but regular fuel and wear as the exaggerated fuel and especially wear just makes it less simulating the real thing. You dont see them putting holes in the fuel tank and running extra crappy tyres in the 1hr races in blancpain or any other real gt series.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 11:05:56 PM »
The long races in the Australian GT3 series are 101 laps (or last year, 3 hours). The Bathurst 12H isn't a race of the GT series. It's a separate event.  This is the Australian GT3 series, as the title says, not worldwide.

If you run a 3 hour race in 1 hour, that's the equivalent of 3x fuel and tyres, exactly simulating the amount of real wear and fuel usage. Case closed.

Rolz

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 07:53:43 AM »
Even an hour race would be epic... last time we came close was about 55min on the Nordschleife Endurance  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:27 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a few (probably 2) 90 min races either. I love long races that become a mental battle with yourself. I'll see if the finish time suits people.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 07:59:48 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a few (probably 2) 90 min races either. I love long races that become a mental battle with yourself. I'll see if the finish time suits people.

Quite a few will be finished well before the 90 minutes anyway. And the way AC has been crashing on me the last week I need a 3hr race compressed into about 5 minutes.  :'(

I hope when I get home in a couple weeks it sorts itself out somehow but I will look at some upgrades as it may be hardware related rather then just win 10 latest downgrade even though it only started to crash after that latest bug w10 update.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »
Wally, I would like to have a run in this series, the GT3 cars are at the upper end that I can get around a track :)

Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Merc
Please put me at the end of the list, allow regulars to have my spot if numbers are tight.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »
Wally, I would like to have a run in this series, the GT3 cars are at the upper end that I can get around a track :)

Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Merc
Please put me at the end of the list, allow regulars to have my spot if numbers are tight.
Good to see you in Bruce...

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »

Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Merc
Good to see you in Bruce...
Thanks Glenn, will put some practice in, I like the longer format for the more difficult cars, plenty of time to settle in and enjoy.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal