Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up  (Read 103464 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »
There's a huge problem here.
Track is 19deg (air 12) and we can't get the tyres over 70/64 (left/right) on the server.

If this is how the season will be, it'll be rubbish. I simply refuse to believe that the real races run a compound that can't get up to minimum temp.  I think we should increase the temps to get the tyres to be a bit more realistic - something I reckon is not correct with the sim here.

Everyone has the same issue, its not optimum condition hotlapping its all about setting the car up for the conditions and dealing with it as well as you can.

I wish that we had actual changeable conditions in AC not more static hotlap settings most seem to prefer. Not having a go at you here but funny how many people all complain there is no rain yet put crappier conditions in a server and most leave anyway or complain.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2016, 09:21:51 PM »
Do you reckon IRL these cars will not get enough running temps in the compound on a 19 deg track?  I doubt that.
Even if so wouldn't they just put a compound on that can do it?

I can see everyone is having this problem; funnily, some cars seem to cope better some worse...they have nice little differences.

Just had a nice run on the praccy server with a few guys - it was good fun, thanks gents!

It'd be nice if we'd all jump on TS for praccy as well, though.  It's easier than typing :D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2016, 09:38:50 PM »
From what I hear, these are real life issues in GT racing, especially in Europe.
(I think the soft would be optimal if it didn't wear so quick)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2016, 10:10:08 PM »
Do you reckon IRL these cars will not get enough running temps in the compound on a 19 deg track?  I doubt that.
Even if so wouldn't they just put a compound on that can do it?

I can see everyone is having this problem; funnily, some cars seem to cope better some worse...they have nice little differences.

Just had a nice run on the praccy server with a few guys - it was good fun, thanks gents!

It'd be nice if we'd all jump on TS for praccy as well, though.  It's easier than typing :D

Going by real world gt racing I think the tyres arent quite right all up, there really isnt much need for hards but then maybe these only work when its very hot. I remember Bathurst was at 40c ambient and track over 60c they were still double stinting mediums in the morning and some triple stinted the hards when it heated up. Some guys ran their quickest laps after 2 hours on the tyres and thats far from possible with the AC tyres.

In AC the hards are fairly useless and wear is quit ehigh with actual lap pace quite a bit off the real world times. Blancpain pole last year at Silverstone was 2:00.829 in the Nismo gtr and the mclaren set fastest lap in the race with 2:02.971.

They dont run soft compounds in blancpain very often and qualifying they run multiple laps often getting faster after 4 laps or so.

The nurburgring 24hr is an odd one as its a tyre war, pretty much every tyre company turns up and they have multiple compounds to run there so in gt3 most series have their own tyres. Who knows which ones AC is meant to be running but if you cant quite maych medium tyre pace in a real race with the ultra soft qualy tyres then seems something is a bit wrong there.

But Ive watched some races in europe like spa where track temps are close to 0 and they all struggle real hard to get any temp into tyres.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2016, 10:17:44 PM »
One of the biggest things missing in AC IMO, is the absence of brake temps and heat soak into the tyres.

Anyway, such is life, as long as the graining is the same for everyone it's cool.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2016, 10:33:30 PM »
its a shame pcars has all the cool small details like brake, water , oil temps and splits in MP,  but most of the cars and tracks don't feel right.
Might have to have a drive to see if any better since last few patches
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal