Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 82834 times)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2014, 06:37:41 AM »
Bj have you got the replay of race one file? Would like to see something from the first lap.

Im uploading both races now and will post a link for anyone that forgot to save theirs.

Ok Here are the full compressed replay files of both races.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8n861kna1mez4tu/Race+1+XGN+Silverstone+Tatuus.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h3m50iv6360n8i2/Race+2+XGN+Silverstone+Tatuus.rar

In race one if you see my pass on Freezer at Stowe corner you will see him do an amazing Vanishing act for a second, that is exactly how I saw it mid race. I had no idea if he would re appear on top of me or not. Other then that all cars are moving fairly well in the replay.

Thanks Marty, appreciate it!

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2014, 08:44:16 AM »
Bj have you got the replay of race one file? Would like to see something from the first lap.

Sorry Glen, I can't seem to remember to keep them.  ???

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2014, 09:25:09 AM »

All cool ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »

Would sure be much easier if at the end of the session it would give a basic popup window asking if you want to save the replay, or even end a race session playing the replay where you can view or save it straight away. As is you need to exit before the next session starts and rename the file.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2014, 04:24:06 PM »
In race one if you see my pass on Freezer at Stowe corner you will see him do an amazing Vanishing act for a second, that is exactly how I saw it mid race. I had no idea if he would re appear on top of me or not. Other then that all cars are moving fairly well in the replay.
I was watching that pass from about a 150 metres back, and he showed up an inch ahead of me, before going back to the battle.
Scared the shit out of me!!! :o :o :o :o

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »
I was watching that pass from about a 150 metres back, and he showed up an inch ahead of me, before going back to the battle.

I wasnt sure if it was just me that saw that, strange sort of connection spike. If you watch my replay its on lap 8 (seeing I tried the same move about 4 other laps before that it may be hard to find ;D) and the car kind of looks like an old tv signal tuning out then back in. Didnt notice he appeared back there with you I will need to take another look at it.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2014, 06:17:06 PM »
I don't recall noticing this in the race.  Strange as I am on OpticFibre cable so connection isn't normally an issue . . maybe the computer just chugged for a second...
I wasnt sure if it was just me that saw that, strange sort of connection spike. If you watch my replay its on lap 8 (seeing I tried the same move about 4 other laps before that it may be hard to find ;D) and the car kind of looks like an old tv signal tuning out then back in. Didnt notice he appeared back there with you I will need to take another look at it.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »
Well I've picked up some Ethernet over power adapters, but will have to wait until I get home tomorrow night to test them.

Here's hoping I get a stable connection.  Maybe even a better ping and a bit quicker if I'm lucky :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »
I use the track map for that reason vehicle spotting you can ignore look back a lot of the time and concentrate on what you are about hit!  :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »
If I can't see them in my mirrors, they're too far away to worry about. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
If I can't see them in my mirrors, they're too far away to worry about. ;)

Except for when you are adjacent to the track ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal