Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd

Author Topic: Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd  (Read 25976 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 07:26:54 PM »
I think I'm totally over modded tracks lol. Haven't raced on an official track in ages I think. This was a nice layout, hard to see though. Still very barren. These cars maybe not the best suited for those hairpins. And If you went off anywhere it would just make the FFB vibrate or you would get stuck on something. You could drive through the trees that where 10 meters off track, but not the posts 1 meter from the track.

So I'm going to stick with my very critical views on modded tracks and cars. Even though it is awesome to see new content, for free!.
I expect the standard to be up to, if not pass, AC official tracks. Being OK is not good enough for Dick Forrest.

It's about fun.
It's also about immersion.
I don't want to compromise either.
alas, I feel that we are letting too many so-so tracks into the fray....
ok ok, I know we don't have a great deal of official tracks to choose from atm. I would rather repeat tracks then have to do modded tracks more than once a season. There. I said it. Unless of cause, that modded track didn't have issues or looked like it was slapped together and put up for D/L just to get it out there.

Dick I think this track is quite a good representation of the real track, not all tracks have unicorns and fairy dust all around to help protect you from your own driving skills.  ;)

[youtube]wvPkecYWW8E[/youtube]

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »

Dick I think this track is quite a good representation of the real track, not all tracks have unicorns and fairy dust all around to help protect you from your own driving skills.  ;)

Fairy dust everywhere!
Maybe it's my low settings that make it look so barren. I love the layout, I was just sayin' stuff. everyone is entitled to my opinion...  :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 08:21:15 PM »
I think I'm totally over modded tracks lol. Haven't raced on an official track in ages I think. This was a nice layout, hard to see though. Still very barren. These cars maybe not the best suited for those hairpins. And If you went off anywhere it would just make the FFB vibrate or you would get stuck on something. You could drive through the trees that where 10 meters off track, but not the posts 1 meter from the track.

So I'm going to stick with my very critical views on modded tracks and cars. Even though it is awesome to see new content, for free!.
I expect the standard to be up to, if not pass, AC official tracks. Being OK is not good enough for Dick Forrest.

It's about fun.
It's also about immersion.
I don't want to compromise either.
alas, I feel that we are letting too many so-so tracks into the fray....
ok ok, I know we don't have a great deal of official tracks to choose from atm. I would rather repeat tracks then have to do modded tracks more than once a season. There. I said it. Unless of cause, that modded track didn't have issues or looked like it was slapped together and put up for D/L just to get it out there.

I love it! Crazy stuff. AC needs more eastern European shitboxes.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »

I support this 100%!

but this guy has got $$$ Look at the bling on his dash! and the sound, hes done some work on it. New plugs at least.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 09:10:38 PM »
The 'bath is near enough. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 12:01:27 AM »
The 'bath is near enough. 8)

No better shitbox then the Reliant Robbin surely. Also driving it takes balancing a car to another art form entirely.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
It's a small-engined front wheel drive thing.  I reckon we have that already.

Also: there's LADA for Assetto corsa.

But the little Zastava is an entirely new range of crap :D  Yes I've sat in both in my younger years.  I've even owned a Lada (altho the older little brother, the lada 1200, not the prestigious 2106)  They're garbage, no better word for it. :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 06:38:53 PM »
Going to try the lada at Ohio on my server if anyone is up for a test.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal