Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC fun run Oct 6

Author Topic: ACC fun run Oct 6  (Read 10681 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: ACC fun run Oct 6
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 11:16:46 AM »
ACC    is a great game!!!! WOW   !!!
There's about 50 signups for a mixed GT3/GT4 Monday season at ROOZ.

...At ROOZ?     HA ok   i got it......wally has signed in for the monday noight gt ahhahahahahahahahaa
Hey dude, I've already raced several seasons there, along with Mael, AGK, Jarmel, Bueller...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 11:22:58 AM »
Reckon I can improve about 1 sec, but not 3. :(
It's a different driving style... gotta be smoother, don't upset the aero platform with abrupt pedal inputs, use small steering inputs. A struggling CPU won't help with the smoothness. I found it easier once I upgraded my CPU. I just used the aggressive preset setup, but made the hot pressures around 27 PSI. The ROOZ boys are about 2 to 3 seconds faster than me.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 11:52:24 AM »
Reckon I can improve about 1 sec, but not 3. :(
It's a different driving style... gotta be smoother, don't upset the aero platform with abrupt pedal inputs, use small steering inputs. A struggling CPU won't help with the smoothness. I found it easier once I upgraded my CPU. I just used the aggressive preset setup, but made the hot pressures around 27 PSI. The ROOZ boys are about 2 to 3 seconds faster than me.
Thanks for the pressure tip. ;)
I had 'guessed' 26, so watch those laptimes tumble! :P 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »
ACC    is a great game!!!! WOW   !!!
There's about 50 signups for a mixed GT3/GT4 Monday season at ROOZ.

...At ROOZ?     HA ok   i got it......wally has signed in for the monday noight gt ahhahahahahahahahaa
Hey dude, I've already raced several seasons there, along with Mael, AGK, Jarmel, Bueller...

Hey dude......you r all traitors then  !!!!   lolol

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 12:02:56 PM »
Is the tyres pressure a standard on any given track?   Wally,,,you think around 27 psi on the aggressive setup?

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 01:01:23 PM »
If you use the tyre app you'll see the three lines for each tyre, middle line displays pressure, shorter line = under-inflated. Ideal is about 27/27.5, it becomes a pita when ambient is changing on longer races with day/night, morning/midday fluctuations. Wets are about 30 psi, I think.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 01:30:19 PM »
If you use the tyre app you'll see the three lines for each tyre, middle line displays pressure, shorter line = under-inflated. Ideal is about 27/27.5, it becomes a pita when ambient is changing on longer races with day/night, morning/midday fluctuations. Wets are about 30 psi, I think.

THX

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2020, 10:33:00 AM »
I suck at ACC. Actually intermittently suck. First time we did fun run I think I came last twice, second time I got two 2nds and this time, well, yeah...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 12:19:30 PM »
I suck at ACC. Actually intermittently suck. First time we did fun run I think I came last twice, second time I got two 2nds and this time, well, yeah...
Is your PC performance bad in ACC? I found it got easier after my hardware upgrade. You have to be more precise and smooth, and I think a low framerate makes that harder. Although having said that, Freezer did really well and Simone was pretty fast too.

Perhaps you wrecked your tyres. The tyres are more sensitive to excessive steering inputs, they get graining if you put in too much slip angle.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2020, 01:03:12 PM »
Yeah, I signed up there as well. I think there were about 45 cars (mixed GT3 & GT4) on the grid on Monday...was great fun. I like AC UI more, but ACC seems to be more realistic.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 01:18:04 PM »
Is your PC performance bad in ACC? I found it got easier after my hardware upgrade. You have to be more precise and smooth, and I think a low framerate makes that harder. Although having said that, Freezer did really well and Simone was pretty fast too.

Perhaps you wrecked your tyres. The tyres are more sensitive to excessive steering inputs, they get graining if you put in too much slip angle.
I have a gtx970 from memory. I started on low video settings then moved up to medium which had 40 something fps. I do prefer planted cars like GT3 so that's probably where my speed came from.
But better graphics would help. Picking brake markers, especially in the dark was hard.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2020, 03:01:45 PM »
I do prefer planted cars like GT3 so that's probably where my speed came from.
But better graphics would help. Picking brake markers, especially in the dark was hard.

Planted? I find they just have understeer everywhere. Have to drive like a granny otherwise the fronts feel sad and gives up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2020, 03:17:31 PM »

Planted? I find they just have understeer everywhere. Have to drive like a granny otherwise the fronts feel sad and gives up.
That just means you're coming into the corner too hot. I've read comments from real GT3 drivers that it's often a case of scream into the corner, almost stop, turn, then scream out of the corner again.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2020, 03:24:11 PM »
Is your PC performance bad in ACC?

Ummmm yeah that must have been why I sucked... but no it didn't drop below 70fps with high settings. The three fun runs we've had are the only 3 times I've loaded the game so that may have something to do with it

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2020, 04:42:55 PM »

When I say planted I mean not tail happy.  And no I didn't notice much understeer . . a bit . . but not much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal