Xtreme Gaming Network

S36R1 - Hockenheimring

Author Topic: S36R1 - Hockenheimring  (Read 12566 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S36R1 - Hockenheimring
« on: January 06, 2021, 09:37:01 AM »
Bueller and Killa get their seasons off to a flying start with a win apiece, seeing them tied at the top of the season ladder.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
killagorilla   35
buellersdayoff   35
ab156   22
Joe   18
Dietmar Raath   13
Wally   11
Freezer   8
Dave O   8
Phil.8   7
AGK   5
Rob   2
JamieP   2
bradc   2
Bacchulum   2
AbleArcher83   2

Penalties
Race 1
AbleArcher hit bradc in the rear corner in a tight corner, but I don’t think it was clearly anyone’s fault. AbleArcher was braking slowly up the inside; bradc turned in on him a bit (on the racing line) – racing incident.

Race 2
JamieP cannonballed into the back of AbleArcher – 60 kg penalty ballast for next race.

Season Standings
1. killagorilla & buellersdayoff, 35
2. ab156, 22
3. Joe, 18

The season opener is two sprints of 16 laps at Hockenheimring (GP).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:08:21 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
Re: S36R1 - Hockenheimring
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 06:28:05 PM »
This track eats tyres! Quite enjoyable to learn though

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 12:54:29 PM »
Wow...BMW is pretty fast there. Done some laps myself. It's a great layout...some fun high speed turns and it seems the long straight is a good spot for passes. Softs are getting pretty hot on the Alfa...don't know if you can make it through a race on them. Is the beemer gonna make it on softs?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 12:56:50 PM by killagorilla »

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 04:58:21 PM »
I hear ya Killa, I did some laps in the Mercedes last night and I was pretty happy to choose that until I tried the little Bimmer and WOW what a difference that car is :o

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 06:03:30 PM »
I gave the Merc a few laps to see what times I could pull. Looks to be roughly the same as the BMW, and a more balanced car overall. I prefer the BMW though, as it feels so good when you get a section nailed

As for making the softs last.. well, that I'm not sure about as I haven't done 16 laps in a row yet. Depends if the grip stabilises, or drops off a cliff. I usually drive these cars on mediums because of how rough they tend to be on tyres.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:37:37 PM by Alphonso_Timmins »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 07:29:11 PM »
I hear ya Killa, I did some laps in the Mercedes last night and I was pretty happy to choose that until I tried the little Bimmer and WOW what a difference that car is :o
Guess you'd expect the Kunos boys to keep the Merc and the BMW on the same level re performance...as far as I know that's what it was in real in the end...from memory I'd even say the Merc was a bit more successful, but I can be wrong there. Bueller was very fast in the Merc in the fun run...yeah, and Alphonso's time on the server is great too.
With the restrictor on the BMW the Merc should be faster based on this logic of mine.
However, I know what you're saying. I just like driving the BMW so much more...it's the most fun to drive imo...couldn't get rid of the understeering in the Merc.
Definitely try the Alfa as well...more understeery, but fast too.
I just tried...can do 16 laps in the Alfa on softs, but they're overheating on the left-hand side pretty much right from the start and getting all red. Looks terrible in the tyre app, but the car still drives somewhat ok towards the end of the race.
Not sure whether mediums get you better lap times towards the end...I would think a bit. Guess you'd have to do the same with the mediums and compare lap times and I haven't done that. I think the difference between softs and mediums is less than half a second...0.3-0.4s.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 07:33:39 PM »
Which tyre won't matter to me, gearbox only lasts 11 laps.

2+2=√16

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 08:13:10 PM »
Oh, that's bad. What if we did 3 ten lap sprints instead? That would be good for the tyres too  :)
Didn't you have some blown up engines in the V8's last season? Would be a pity if these kind of things affect the championship too much.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 08:21:33 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 09:45:41 PM »
Oh, that's bad. What if we did 3 ten lap sprints instead? That would be good for the tyres too  :)
Didn't you have some blown up engines in the V8's last season? Would be a pity if these kind of things affect the championship too much.
I don't mind it if you have to be more gentle with the gearbox and perhaps sacrifice a little speed to make it survive.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 12:23:05 PM »
Blowing up trannies? Is it because of rev matching without clutch?
Flat shift with a quick pop of the clutch on up shift (only useful if the engine has rev limiter or you have to release acc a bit) and heel and toe down shift w/c, I will only once in a while stuff up a shift so rarely come close to blowing boxes.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 01:02:50 PM »
Wow, a blown box after 11 laps that's not good :o!!!
I've never seen this but that said I don't use the auto clutch and have been slightly lifting on upshifts and blipping on the down shift....

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 02:52:34 PM »
After saying that, I've blown an Alfa box. It seems to be a little more sensitive.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 03:03:37 PM »
After saying that, I've blown an Alfa box. It seems to be a little more sensitive.

I've increased the ratio's, using the gearbox as a 5 speed with a long first gear. Helps keep the gears within the box  ;D

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 03:16:26 PM »
Worth a look, I'll try it.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2021, 03:24:21 PM »
Can't say I've had warning of a gearbox issue in the BMW.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal