Xtreme Gaming Network

Sim racing aches and pains

Author Topic: Sim racing aches and pains  (Read 14169 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Sim racing aches and pains
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 08:33:56 PM »
A wise man (or comedian) once said, once you turn 60, never trust a fart....
Several years as an automotive mechanic I got a lot of lower back aches and bad knees, comes with the job I suppose. I got out of the industry because the pay was crap and dermatitis was eventually horrendous on the back of my hands (oils and hand cleaner). I've been operating machines for around fifteen years now and provided I don't slouch in the seat my back is fine (with a little stretching). But my neck and shoulders ache from looking down in excavators and looking out of the back window in dozers, also my wrists from pulling levers all day. I still can't hold a squat for too long otherwise my knees don't like to straighten back out lol, all this going on for so long but I swear only much more noticeable since I turned 40 last year lol. My right wrist can sometimes flare up a bit while racing but I wouldn't give up on it because I enjoy it too much.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
I don`t want to admit it or maybe i refuse to see it,but i cant hold a steering wheel anymore!!! After 30 min i am in pain,my elbows r a mess,and the stiffness of the neck just make impossible to enjoy a race.Even on my motorbike if i ride hard or longer that 60 m my elbows are in pain.....if i do a wheely ....its a mess   ahhahaahahahahahaha.
I have tried"voltaren" and its ok for a little bit.Maybe i should ask some help to a phisician or something.........bugger cause i am really enjoing my life lately more than ever,but unfortunately racing for 60 min its hard for me at the moment.

..........i am still occasionally pull my dick with little consequences to my elbow though........go figure!!!!!   8) 8) 8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 10:59:18 AM »
I don`t want to admit it or maybe i refuse to see it,but i cant hold a steering wheel anymore!!! After 30 min i am in pain,my elbows r a mess,and the stiffness of the neck just make impossible to enjoy a race.Even on my motorbike if i ride hard or longer that 60 m my elbows are in pain.....if i do a wheely ....its a mess   ahhahaahahahahahaha.
I have tried"voltaren" and its ok for a little bit.Maybe i should ask some help to a phisician or something.........bugger cause i am really enjoing my life lately more than ever,but unfortunately racing for 60 min its hard for me at the moment.

..........i am still occasionally pull my dick with little consequences to my elbow though........go figure!!!!!   8) 8) 8)
Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I would see a physio. You probably need to strengthen certain muscles in your forearm. Even if you're strong, certain muscles can still get weaker than others and overworked and then painful.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 04:16:07 PM »

It really does sound like you have RSI in your elbows , you need to see a GP to refer you for some help.
social media is the tobacco of this century

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal