Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R4: Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R4: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 9839 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S12R4: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 07:07:01 PM »
How do others set up their gearing for each track?

My aero was quite a bit higher (nearly max).  There wasn't much difference between our best lap times. We just achieved it in different ways.  But like Marty said in the pre-race chat, lower aero would have been better as higher aero made me easier to pass.
I just dropped the final drive one click which saw me hold 4th down into Eau Rouge, then pull 5th up the back straight.  I did use 1st on 3 corners.  Aero was 6/6 and I mainly adjust toe to get the thing to turn.
Like the others, its just a version of the previous week setup.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »
yeah horrid night was so tired and the car was al over the place understeer then oversteer just wasnt nice to drive and then then weight pen killed all its top speed lol race 1 i rooted the gearbox from being so tired lol
What happened to your teammate?

His wheel died as went to enter the room lol couldnt get it working so not sure if he will make the rest of the season unless i loan him my wheel, we shall see
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 08:53:18 PM »
yeah horrid night was so tired and the car was al over the place understeer then oversteer just wasnt nice to drive and then then weight pen killed all its top speed lol race 1 i rooted the gearbox from being so tired lol
What happened to your teammate?

His wheel died as went to enter the room lol couldnt get it working so not sure if he will make the rest of the season unless i loan him my wheel, we shall see
What a pain. Good luck.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »

The key thing I think in most cars and especially ones like this is to go quick you actually need to know where to go slow and where its not worth pushing too much. There were a few corners where short shifting was a touch slower but much more consistant by keeping the rear settled on acceleration. When the grip was down I found I had quite a bit of coasting and waiting to get on power compared to once the grip comes up.
That's good advice, and what I was trying to tell Viper on the night, who was finding the car slippery: don't overdrive it on entry into the corner (something I am prone to do as well).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 06:35:44 PM »
Sorry for dropping out (i was running 7th)
My net went to shit  only just got back on now
We have had rain for a week or so, everything is water logged

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal