Xtreme Gaming Network

S26 - Car Dealer testing, using street Porsches - Sign up and Info

Author Topic: S26 - Car Dealer testing, using street Porsches - Sign up and Info  (Read 7655 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
I'm going to run a short, 4 week test season in a range of Porsche street cars to test the car dealer here, starting from next Tuesday.

I'll put up more of an explanation soon.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:48:23 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Next season - Car Dealer testing, using street Porsches
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 10:23:50 PM »
I've cancelled people's earlier signups, so please sign up again.

Round Format
Three 20 minute sprints - qualifying, then races 2 and 3 in finish position of the previous race.
Tyre wear will be 0.5x.

Round Schedule
Check it out here: https://xgnsimracing.com.au/season/schedule

Season sign up
Head over to the car dealer to sign up for the season. You must sign up in the Car Dealer, not here!

You log in with your GUID (aka your Steam ID). You can find your GUID in your Assetto Corsa/cfg/race.ini file - it's a 17 digit number. The default password is the usual XGN password - you should change your password after you log in, with the menu option at the right hand side under your name.
Skins are just random at this point.

Buy a car
When you sign up for the season, you'll have enough money to buy any of the 3 slowest cars. You can choose any car you can afford. By default, you get the slowest car.

What happens after a round?
The higher you finish, the less you earn. This will balance the field, with slower drivers being able to afford faster cars. Any significant damage you incur through the round will cause a repair bill to be deducted from your earnings.
You'll be reset back to the slowest car, and you can now choose another car to buy for the next round.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:42:54 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S26 - Car Dealer testing, using street Porsches - Sign up and Info
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »
So, why Porsches?

They tick these boxes:
  • Similar cars, but with a range of performance
  • Simple to set up, in case you're in a different car every week

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:12:56 PM »
So, why Porsches?

They tick these boxes:
Query, could this kind of thing be implemented with a single make car but using ballast & restrictor, it would be hard to find suitable cars otherwise?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:38:34 PM »
So, why Porsches?

They tick these boxes:
Query, could this kind of thing be implemented with a single make car but using ballast & restrictor, it would be hard to find suitable cars otherwise?
Yes, it's certainly worth exploring that idea.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 01:29:44 PM »
I reckon it works best with a mix of cars with different strengths, and minimal setup options.

Too much setup work is a problem (in every car/season tbh); it takes the fun out of it  for those who can't do setup too well, or lack the time to do it.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »
Haven't signed up Wally but I will try and make it tonight. Just need to grab my GUID when I get home. The link in the post seems to take me to a login page where it already expects a password; is there another page to register?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 03:28:03 PM »
Haven't signed up Wally but I will try and make it tonight. Just need to grab my GUID when I get home. The link in the post seems to take me to a login page where it already expects a password; is there another page to register?
No, that's where you register. I'll add you to the entry list anyway if you haven't registered in time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal