Xtreme Gaming Network

S32R6 - Imola

Author Topic: S32R6 - Imola  (Read 8888 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S32R6 - Imola
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 10:15:15 PM »
The replay tends to suggest that what I had thought happened at the time didn’t match reality. I know I got a great start but at the time I had thought I’d moved a little too much to the left as the road started to bend and caused everything. Just one of those things I guess, it’s a really hard call as three into one just doesn’t fit.
For me with three screens I find that cars alongside (in the side screens) appear larger, kind of the distorted Gopro effect which
makes the gaps seem even smaller.  I played around with the settings post race and was able to adjust a bit of this out.
It was particularly noticeable after looking at the VR video and how realistic it all looked.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 08:15:47 AM »
Re the blue flags... I have always preferred that the lapped traffic yields to the oncoming higher placed car. The lapped car has made some kind of mistake to be a lap down, and the other driver with a clean race shouldn't be disadvantaged by the lapped car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline davereid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 09:26:52 AM »
great video! might try my hand at that one day and see if we can pull one out :) great stuff..

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »
To be honest this really didn’t bother me as I was rather pissed off after race 1 where I finished 5th. Now normally a top 5 finish is something I would be celebrating but after a mega start I was sitting pretty in 3rd behind Wally and catching him around 4 tenths a lap until Phil who was a lap down in 12th decided to unlap himself on the run into turn 1. To be honest I didn’t see this coming and it was rather messy, compounded by his slow exit of the chicane saw me lose two seconds on Wally in this first sector alone. Normally this wasn’t much of a deal as I expected Phil to blast off into the distance as that’s what usually happens, but tonight was different. For the next couple of laps my frustration levels mounted as everywhere I was fast Phil was slow and vice versa. In the end, with so much dirty air and compromised corner speed I had several big understeer moments and cooked my front tyres trying to make a pass on the 12th place car, all the while losing time to 2nd place Wally. Several laps later Phil moved over, but the damage was done and I should have settled for 3rd, but with the red mist running on overboost in my efforts to try and bridge the gap back to Wally I managed to catch a curb and spin, resulting in a 5th place finish.....

I do get the frustrations but if they could be kept of voice chat if possible. I found it pretty distracting

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 12:06:09 PM »
no rules to say you cant unlap yourself

I was was bored and having some fun so sorry for that, I guess I treat it more of a game these days and forget some get pretty serious
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:12:59 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 03:10:23 PM »
I usually try and un-lap myself if there is not a battle going on, most of the time the unlappee don't fight too much. So gave Jamie and Rob their chance to battle in race two. Unfortunately they did not give me a lot of entertainment as Rob was a bit too friendly with Jamie. need to cover those inside lines Rob!   :P

Mael hit the rear of AGK coming into a corner, spinning him – 25 kg penalty.

Nothing I can say about that except sorry AGK.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 07:24:36 PM »
Unfortunately they did not give me a lot of entertainment as Rob was a bit too friendly with Jamie. need to cover those inside lines Rob!   :P

Hey Mael, I consider myself a gentleman driver, and will not block someone who is clearly faster than me, but my attitude was not helped as I have had a series of migraine headaches this week and was not really up for a fight.

But watch out next week...... meh, who am I kidding, it will just be more of the same  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal