Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Race Chat  (Read 6892 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Race Chat
« on: April 03, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »
Apr 10: New Jersey Motorsports Park (2 x 25 laps)

This is the final round of the season, which will make a few people happy  :o . Matthew has a healthy 102 point lead over Grat, with Grat and Phil.8 still a mathematical chance to cause an upset.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
Re: S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 07:24:05 AM »
This is a really great track and flows very well. I love the witches hats cause it makes it easier to learn. I wish more tracks had them.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »
I know what you mean - I'm a fan of witches hats too. One mod track (I can't remember which) actually had a practice layout which added more witches hats for apexes and corner entry/exit points, which was a nice touch.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »
I know what you mean - I'm a fan of witches hats too. One mod track (I can't remember which) actually had a practice layout which added more witches hats for apexes and corner entry/exit points, which was a nice touch.

Yeah I wish more had it, for example in practice mode they should have the witches hats out.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 09:40:14 AM »
A bit tricky here... as is often the case here, getting some wheels on the grass can spin you off the track nicely, and the rear left takes a pounding with that long final corner. I tried hards here, which keeps the temps in an optimal range, but it still doesn't gain any lap time advantage.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:16:09 AM »
I can't race probably for a week or two.

I hurt my back again recently and I thought I was OK till I further tweaked it on Friday. I then nearly overdosed on painkillers (no joke), not exactly my fault but I did end up throwing up 10 times and then I tore my esophagus which resulted in more throwing up.
ATM I can't sit down on a seat without pain.
I really wanted to put in a good effort for the last round!!!

SideNote: I now know the guy who runs the Formula Vee's in QLD and I now have access to tickets to Queensland raceway, Lakeside raceway and warrick (not sure on spelling).  It's only for the days where the HQ's race, hyundai, mx5's and Formula Vee's race. At QR they have more classes and I think pro class as well.
Yesterday was Lakeside and it was pretty good fun.

Next race is at Warrick in June (first weekend) if you're interested tell me and I can get you in for free.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 10:20:45 PM »
A bit tricky here... as is often the case here, getting some wheels on the grass can spin you off the track nicely, and the rear left takes a pounding with that long final corner. I tried hards here, which keeps the temps in an optimal range, but it still doesn't gain any lap time advantage.

it is very tricky, mediums get very warm on the lefts and after a few laps start losing lap time,  I tried hards, but found the rights stayed a bit too cool, but only did about 5 laps on them, they might warm more during a full race
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 03:40:19 PM »
Wally, I can now sit on my bum. I wanna go racing tonight please :D

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 04:39:39 PM »
I'm going to miss tonight race  :'(   But Freezer is due for a podium so all good.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
Wally, I can now sit on my bum. I wanna go racing tonight please :D
Good one Phil. All those painkillers must have helped... or are you so high you're going to float over the track?

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »
I am on some meds but I am fairly sure I can still drive but I'll probably just be at the back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal