Xtreme Gaming Network

April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance

Author Topic: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance  (Read 108659 times)

Rolz

Re: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2015, 08:00:04 AM »
I had some good runs with various people throughout the race... I definitely wouldn't call it lonely...

Hands and wrists are pretty sore!!

I would be keen to do it again at some stage! Now I've had a sleep on it I'm not as pissed off as I was last night about the finish.

Always the way  ;D

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2015, 08:32:53 AM »
My challenge was just to get as much of the race done. I was never going to be competitive here, I've done several hours at nords now, still only done 2 green laps on RSR a 9.24 or something. Well off the pace.
 I was working hard just to keep it off the walls, worked off a 9 stop strategy, started the race with 3 laps of fuel and mediums. Hoping to pick up some pieces as battles raged ahead in turn 1.... everyone made it. Damn...
it got worse when i realized I've done 2 laps without wrecking my car, my 9 stop strategy was falling apart.
so had to stop.
stuff it, I'll fill her up and put on hards, i can do this..
 Crashed it up bad on the gp circuit on my out lap...
back to my 9 stop strategy..

This was about when poor Mary-anne had tech failure. I actually felt bad for him. Put in all this hard work. And this happens.

It got worse as i was leaving the pits. Mary Had just logged back in, taking turn one i noticed his big bloody sls all over me. Thought,  here we go, he's taking it out on me, i had to swerve to avoid him.
I think this was the catalyst that ruined my lap times from there on. And caused me to be lapped by Guybrush and bird.

Finished in front of marty. 10/10
that's two races in a row.....

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2015, 09:17:44 AM »
Thanks Mary-Ann for organising it all.  Your level of administrative performance was thoroughly acceptable.
Marty, loved the typo, cough cough, for your entry list name for Guybrush.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »
Thanks Mary-Ann for organising it all.  Your level of administrative performance was thoroughly acceptable.
Marty, loved the typo, cough cough, for your entry list name for Guybrush.

Honest mistake sir, must have been like that on Wally's list or maybe my computer auto corrected it. Surely wasnt done on purpose, yet there were no objections by the man himself so we can call it an official name change now.

I tried to do something with mr forrests name but no matter how hard I tried I couldnt come up with a worse name for him. Darn that now makes the GB incident look less of an error and more a planned deliberate act.  ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2015, 09:56:53 AM »
Congrats everyone on finishing, amazing that nearly all of us actually managed it!

I was surprised how many times I was close to people, racing for positions - altho the over 1min repair time in the pits might have helped.

That was just stupid.  I had a scratch on each side, it barely cost me time, and I did not check the repair time just quickly ticked it on, thinking "it'll be but a minute".  Well it was a minute.  :)  Then I've put it into the wall on the 1st lap fair and square, now nursing some damage that actually cost me top speed.  Bugger that :)

Many of us had pretty darn good pace, too, amazing!   I've found during the race that I was taking a few sections a bit wrong, so I reckon a few (hundred) more hours of praccy and I could catch up to Guy :D   But I'm not too keen.  This track is too long, and those curbs are pure evil.
There are a few fun sections tho.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »
I think this is the first time I've had a disco after 2 laps and been thankful for what I got!!  :D
We only had about an hour of power last night, so I was happy to have 1/2 hour of qually and a couple of laps of racing to enjoy in the middle of a candle light night. Was enjoying trailing behind Rolz and RJM watching them duke it out  :D
Well done to the mighty GB and hard luck to Marty after doing an excellent job of organising '10 laps through HELL'  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »

I had some good runs with various people throughout the race... I definitely wouldn't call it lonely...

Hands and wrists are pretty sore!!

I would be keen to do it again at some stage! Now I've had a sleep on it I'm not as pissed off as I was last night about the finish.

Always the way  ;D
I am still pissed! Kudos are not serious about league racing if the fundamental rule of racing is not implemented ie let everyone finish their final lap after the chequered flag in QUAL and Race. This should be reported as a bug. Probably has been a million times already though.

Anyway, thanks Marty for arranging the session last night. It was a very big and excellent call to chose Nords for a 10 lap race. I, for one, didn't think it would work. Thanks to you I have now "learnt" Nords. Fantastic! I was also surprised at how quickly each lap went by (figuratively speaking, still pretty slow!). I had FFB set down at 48% as recommended by the app and that made the long laps easier on the wrists.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2015, 02:20:45 PM »
Im pretty sure everyone learnt the track a bit better after that, I was kind of hoping GB wasnt quite going to learn it so well but he prbably just downloaded the track knowledge from the Alien database.

Here are the qualy times from last years 24hr qualy shootout. Pole time was 8:10 by the mp4 12c gt3  :o

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/06/20/nurburgring-24-hours-top-30-shootout-estres-blinder-gives-the-dorr-mclaren-pole.html

I think its a pretty awesome track which is a big test on your own and even harder if battling someon while battling the beast of a place itself. In the 24hr race the winning car did 159 laps I think last year too. So 10 laps is barely a warmup. At the pace GB ran he would have done 170 laps over 24hrs but thats not taking into account safety cars and the much longer pitstops they ran with driver changes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal