Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D

Author Topic: Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D  (Read 44844 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »
Hey guys,

Can I hop into the remaining races for this series? I'll probably opt for the Ferrari, not fussed about the skin.
Is ABS allowed? If not, I better start practicing.  :o
Also what level grip are the tracks set to?

My steam id stuff:
steamID
STEAM_0:1:55330819
steamID3
[U:1:110661639]
steamID64
name
Let's Test Drive

And PS. this season, we have a qualifying session for race 1, but then the race 2 grid position is in season standings order, without a qualifying session. Because you're starting half way through the season, for race 2 you'll be starting near the back of the grid.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline LetsTestDrive

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2016, 01:41:00 AM »
All's good, I managed a 2.19.9 with the Ferrari, but when Cherno made up 5 car lengths on me under braking in the same car I knew I was doing something wrong  ???  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2016, 10:13:32 AM »
Hmm interesting concept Marty...

I have had the issue where I wasn't calibrated right on accelerator.
But this breaking in game calibration is new.

Have you asked this question in the AC forums?

It's not really an issue with ABS enabled cars, but in this season it would make a massive difference.

:o

It would still effect ABS cars as you dont have full travel range until you fully press the pedal. However most people using ABS probably floor the brake pedal quite often. I still try to threshold brake even with ABS as I would without ABS the only real advamtage of ABS is you can give a bit more brake without locking inside fronts.

Any time ABS is actually kicking in your actually losing sone brake efficiency  so best to use it as a bit of an assist rather then rely on using it by just braiing to the floor every time which cant be the best way in any car real or in AC that I have noticed.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »
All's good, I managed a 2.19.9 with the Ferrari, but when Cherno made up 5 car lengths on me under braking in the same car I knew I was doing something wrong  ??? :-[ :-[ :-[
Good time!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »
I put up some OW cars on my Nords challenge server, damn the lotus 72D is such a blast around that track and its a shame we arent running a final longer race at the ring as these cars are made for that place.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2016, 11:18:50 PM »
Hey Wally,

Unfortunately with the slight change in the calendar, I will surely miss the last round. I will do my best not to miss the Barcelona one, but I have lots of guests around next week, so I'll confirm it later on.

In case I miss both: loved the season. I was absolutely impressed by the quality of most races: very few crashes, very consistent laps. Great season!

Thanks as usual for the amazing organization.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2016, 11:31:41 PM »
Hey Wally,

Unfortunately with the slight change in the calendar, I will surely miss the last round. I will do my best not to miss the Barcelona one, but I have lots of guests around next week, so I'll confirm it later on.

In case I miss both: loved the season. I was absolutely impressed by the quality of most races: very few crashes, very consistent laps. Great season!

Thanks as usual for the amazing organization.
Thanks Grat.

Offline Hornbag

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »
I know its late notice and all but is there any way I could get a start in this?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2016, 05:01:14 PM »
I know its late notice and all but is there any way I could get a start in this?
Hi Hornbag, I sent you a PM. If you can get me your GUID,  i  can add you to tonight's grid. Which car do you want to drive,  Ferrari or Lotus?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2016, 05:31:59 PM »
Hi Hornbag, I sent you a PM. If you can get me your GUID,  i  can add you to tonight's grid. Which car do you want to drive,  Ferrari or Lotus?
Hi Wally, feel free to use my seat. As I anticipated, I won't be able to race tonight (and next week I am away).

Have fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal