Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R3: Misano Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R3: Misano Pre-Race Chat  (Read 14916 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S12R3: Misano Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 12:00:43 PM »
If we ran stracker on the race server not only could people easily share setups with everyone or just between some people we would also get all this cool data.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=14902#

Shows how much fuel people are running, how long their stops are, where they ran off track and even a speed comparison between anyone else.

I dont really want to run another app simply for setup sharing when this app can do that and so much more. As is people can jump on the prac server and grab my setups after all even a couple practice laps wont hurt anyone.  ;)
Are these stars only available while the server's up though? Or are they recorded somewhere else?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 12:38:24 PM »
One way that these could always be available is if stracker is run on race nite but then anyone running a 24/7 server could host the stracker database. I could host the database on mine or if this forum is hosted on an Amazon instance it could be hosted here or any other server always up. All that would be needed is to copy the database from the race nite server after each race to another and run an stracker instance so people could access this data.

For the race nite server all that would be needed is to run stracker on the nite, I havent noticed any issues with netcode running this on 6 servers also running minorating on a small amazon instance so the larger one running only the race nite should have no issues.

The other advantage on the nite is proper live timing would work so in qualy you would actually know what times are set. The ingame timing rarely works for me and last qualy I had no idea of others times and if I had pole until I was on the grid for the race.

Setup sharing is very easy within this where you can send to a specific person or publish to all in the server. I think it would add a fair bit to the nite as ingame timing by kunos sucks to put it nicely.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:24 PM »
We ran this in Netkar ??
Thought it seemed familiar.  Good fast track...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 08:30:25 AM »
One way that these could always be available is if stracker is run on race nite but then anyone running a 24/7 server could host the stracker database. I could host the database on mine or if this forum is hosted on an Amazon instance it could be hosted here or any other server always up. All that would be needed is to copy the database from the race nite server after each race to another and run an stracker instance so people could access this data.

For the race nite server all that would be needed is to run stracker on the nite, I havent noticed any issues with netcode running this on 6 servers also running minorating on a small amazon instance so the larger one running only the race nite should have no issues.

The other advantage on the nite is proper live timing would work so in qualy you would actually know what times are set. The ingame timing rarely works for me and last qualy I had no idea of others times and if I had pole until I was on the grid for the race.

Setup sharing is very easy within this where you can send to a specific person or publish to all in the server. I think it would add a fair bit to the nite as ingame timing by kunos sucks to put it nicely.
I'll look into stracker Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 09:21:51 AM »
Wally I think give it a try next mid season run, though it works without issues for me you could find something on the first test.  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »
Good plan.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 06:23:22 PM »
Anyone notice where the WSBK is this weekend? ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 07:02:50 PM »
Not enough wheels ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 09:42:04 PM »
After running a few laps here, I really enjoy the layout fairly high speed high commitment track with a few nice slow corners too to mix it up. Everyone should do a practice pit entry as its much slower then it looks and come in a touch hot you may wreck the car within sight of your pit box. I smashed up the right side so well it wouldn't have made it back to my pit box on first attempt. Second attempt I turned in earlier only to smash the left wall on entry and get pushed into right wall bending all 4 wheels again stuck on right wall unable to go anywhere.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 10:24:20 PM »
Good advice Marty. I quite like the layout too. That long series of increasing right handers is a test of commitment for sure. It will be quite warm, about 26 and 28 degrees.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 08:04:38 PM »
Good luck in the racings everybody.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 08:28:24 PM »
Hi guys,

I tried to do a few laps earlier on, but now I am way too sleepy and I fear I would be more dangerous than funny. Sorry. Will be back next Tuesday for sure. Have fun.

GB: how's life? Looking forward to see you again on track.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 09:21:09 PM »
Sorry guys I think I'm going to give the rest of this season a miss. I simply can't drive these cars.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 10:08:35 PM »
Good luck in the racings everybody.

Missing beating us all yet

Actually are you sure your not playing swtor now, roughly the time you stopped racing a Guybrush Threepwood appeared and the server Adele plays on  :o 8)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 11:00:26 PM »
Sorry guys I think I'm going to give the rest of this season a miss. I simply can't drive these cars.

No worries AJ. See you next season in the Japanese cars, a totally different kettle of fish.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal