Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R3: Misano Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R3: Misano Post-Race Chat  (Read 11086 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S12R3: Misano Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »
I should have made it a mandatory car swap ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 07:08:12 PM »
I should have made it a mandatory car swap ;)

Not sure if that would be best but if swaps were free I would change for something different, if anything I would have preferred race 2 this season to be some form of reverse grid. Maybe season order with top 10 reversed as the racing is much more interesting when not out front and there are quite a few guys with some good pace but if grid starts in qualy or season order then it tends to just stretch out the gaps over a race which is still challenging but if we were forced to battle it out from out of position I think it would have spiced up the racing a bit more.

Even in a future season it may be good to mix up shorter regular qualy races and some reverse grid format for race 2 either season reversed or previouse race reversed. I think season reversed is probably better as race 1 reversed can simply mean if a quicker guy has a poor race they will get donated a boring race and relatively easy win if starting out front.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 08:42:29 PM »
I was joking about the mandatory car swap :) It's better to give people the choice to make.

I liked the reverse grid format in the slower cars. In these cars, there could be more carnage, but reversing only the top 10 could work. The downside to that though is that the person in 10th gets a boost to pole, but 11th place misses out. I would still be tempted to try it in faster cars though (especially open wheelers that don't rub together so well).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
hmmm i dont understand how i got the pen i was pretty wide going through turn 2 when i got hit and jeremy was straight on the phone to me saying it was his bad and that his throttle pedal was sticking and thats why he ran into my side there, id like to see a replay of it.

Race 1 was a awesome race qually laps every lap was a great pressure race, got gifted when jeremy made a error and took the lead and managed to build a decent gap until the pit stop where i was way to cautious coming into the pits not knowing how it went. That was enough to get marty on my tail where we were nose to tail to the finish at a pretty quick pace.

race 2 was a anti climax, recovered for 4th and had a good like battle on the last lap with bach
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 08:14:08 PM »
Here is a slow mo replay of the incident, to me I think a penalty may be a bit harsh but its not my call. Being team mates and also Matthew has only just squeezed Jeremy for room here at the point of contact. There wasnt exactly 1 car width to his left inside the line but Im fairly sure most peoples line there was a bit left of where Jeremy is and its actually more like Jeremy has straightened then Matthew turning into him more.

If it was my call though I would say racing incident if the FIA managed to call this a racing incident.  ;)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:21:02 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 11:41:04 PM »
It was due to the rule of sticking to your side of the track in turns 1 and 2 to avoid exactly this kind of incident. Matthew was clearly moving from the right of track to the left, and didn't see Jeremy who was beside him.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 12:04:25 AM »
I remembered making a video last round but forgot to actually put it up anywhere.

Thats race 1 battling Jeremy and Matthew, Being the full race its a bit long lol but highlights would be the start where Jeremy got an amazing one and got me around the outside of t1.

I then tried to just stay close and started to attack after a few laps, I figured no need to have a collision early. At 8:40 Jeremy got a little wide then half spun towards the grass inside. I lost him then he came back across the track somehow I avoided contact but Matthew got us both and now I was behind 2 guys I couldnt pass.

I pitted 1 lap early at lap 16 to try and hopefully get an undercut on Jeremy at least, luckily this worked and I got ahead of him as he exited pit. Then I just chased down Matthew and put as much pressure as I could but he never gave a look. Last 4 laps especially were rather quick and close.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:27:51 AM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 07:40:16 AM »
Nice camera angle.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
Great reports.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 05:44:20 PM »
Different watching your own driving from behind, very different ways of driving the car there
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal