Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat  (Read 22246 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:39:16 PM »
Post away...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:47:46 PM »
Away.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:50:40 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    75
Wally    67
Matthew111    63
Ysu    58
StanDaam    55
Bacchulum    54
Freezer    47
Marty    47
Vipergod    47
Dave O    45
Imperious    43
cramjet    43
M8R    40
GWyar    38
Schmittez    32
Grubbet    28
Krahl    27
Gratulin    24
Phil    18
Rob    14
Tom    8

Clean sweep by Guybrush!

Season Podium
1. Guybrush, 279 pts
2. Matthew111, 260
3. Ysu, 229
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:59:57 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:52:04 PM »
Good and bad night for me.
Qualified around 12th for R1 and got a slightly slow jump but managed to gradually pick off a few people as the race wore on.  I chased Grattulin toward the end and made a dive pass into the final chicane where I out braked myself a bit and possibly effected Grattulins corner, so I redressed which unfortunately let Wally through also but got home 6th.
R2 Didn't quite get a decent lap and started about 12th.  Got a good jump however over the first two laps I get punted off twice by people veering across track which saw me right down the back.  I had to work hard to pass GW, Schmittez in and in battling with M8R, YSU slipped by.  Then I got spun again!!!!  Not happy Jan.   But a look at the replay shows a big lag spike caused M8R to rear end me.  I managed to pass Cramjet after this and thought I was away but toward the end he was coming back hard and he pressured me all the way to the end to get home 11th.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 11:03:17 PM »
qualy I did reasonable a bit off my pb but ok

race 1 I was alone in 2nd as Guy ran off lol

race 2: Similar thing but I made a stupid mistake at turn 5 oon lap 18 pushing to hard seeing guy just up the road but it put me in a cool little battle with wally, marty and sand and came 5th, was filthy lol... car was pretty good around here though a lot more driveable for me but I still hate the lotus goes against my style, as soon as it sniffs a slide it loops lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:16 PM »
Wally I think something might be up with the race results.   In the second race I didn't pit until lap15 and I think I lead all the way but the graph for race 2 looks different. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 11:09:39 PM »
1st race was great. I was in the middle of quite a close train: Bacchulum, Ysu, Me, Freezer, Tom. It felt like Freezer put a bit of a push-to-pass move on me at the top chicane on lap 5, but I haven't watched the replay, so I could be wrong. That let Tom through opportunistically as well. But later I passed Freezer and Bacchulum after an incident to finish 4th in a good result.

Race 2 went well. Dodged a few mishaps. You've got to have awareness of things that look like they could end in tears and not get caught up in them. I was behind Guybrush and Matthew111, lead for a while while they pitted, but after all three of us had pitted, we were back to normalised order. But then Matthew111 spun off-track on lap 19 and I got through to 2nd. From there it was just trying to keep a charging Marty at bay, hoping that Mathew111 behind him would keep enough pressure on Marty to slow him down. There was 1.3 seconds between me, StanDaam, Marty and Matthew111 at the finish. Good race, and my best result.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »
Wally I think something might be up with the race results.   In the second race I didn't pit until lap15 and I think I lead all the way but the graph for race 2 looks different.

What do you think is wrong? I did hit the lead for a moment after you pitted and I hadn't yet, but when I pitted, race order was normalised.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 11:18:41 PM »

What do you think is wrong? I did hit the lead for a moment after you pitted and I hadn't yet, but when I pitted, race order was normalised.

Sorry,  it's all good.  I must have accidentally swiped across my screen on my phone and was viewing the Monza results!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 11:28:05 PM »
I was reasonably happy with the night from my own performance.

R1 managed to qualify a tenth off my PB which I was happy with.  In the race I put soft on and tried to nurse them around - especially the opening lapsso they wouldn't grain.   They went off with a couple of laps to go but that turned out alright.

R2 I was again happy with qualifying.   The race was good.  I did lose concentration around the mid part and went shooting off turn 5,  so that cost me 4 or 5 seconds.   I stayed out on the mediums until lap 15 making sure that Matthew wasn't going to undercut me and then put soft on for the final 8 laps and then nursed themhhome for pretty much a carbon copy of R1.  matthew drove well and we were trading lap times on the mediums at the start of the race which was cool.

Well done to everyone.   Seemed like there was some great racing.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 11:33:41 PM »
Race was was short lived, I ran meds many others seemed to have softs. I got a little loose out of t3 then Stan helped me around pretty much a 50/50 but he didnt really have anywhere to go and if he slowed a bit more he probably would have got rear ended too. Car was still ok at that point but was stuck on track facing the wrong way with me nowhere to go. I just hoped the field would get by without collecting me as it was a fair way inside but got hit by someone. This damaged the front corner suspension and it backed into the wall slowly also bending the rear, car was not really driveable. I limped to pit to see how long the repair would take but they were still working on it as guy crossed the line, I didnt want to be a nuisance in the middle of the pack a lap down with no hope of picking up any spots so I didnt resume.

Race 2 I stuffed u qualy, was sure I added 3x fuel but running out half way through the hotlap said otherwise. Then I went back into the pits and added way too much fuel, was pretty slow on my first flyer and quite a bit quicker on the second but ran out of time at the last turn same as Bird who I was following.

The race was incident free but I struggled getting by many cars, luckily I got handed a few places including Dave O missing a gear down a straight as I was getting a draft. I did pass him on the grass but it was either that or crash as you dont expect people to slow so much there. Especially if you tried as hard as possible to get by for 5 laps or so with no success. Once I had some clear air I started to chase down Wally and Stan was close behind, he had the pace on me and I just tried to stay ahead until my stop hoping the mclaren needed more fuel then me in the stop. Stopped on lap 12 and tried to get in some good laps to maybe get by Wally as he exited the pits. Looking at the results I was 4.5 seconds behind him when I made my stop then he stopped a few laps later and I was 2.5 seconds behind so gained a little but not quite enough.

With about 5 or 6 to go I got fairly close to Wally but didn't really have any good chances to make a move on him. I then saw Stan and Matthew gaining on me as I couldn't get past and I was a bit of a sitting duck in a lotus vs the Mclaren while being a little held up in a couple spots a lap.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 12:06:30 AM »
Race 1 went well for the first 3 corners, then I was just sticking to my side of the track coming around turn 3 watching the cars on my right, leaving plenty of room then when I look more straight ahead of me there was Marty sitting on the track, and I just panicked and slammed on the brakes and hoped for the best, but in doing that all the wheels locked so there was no way I would of been able to turn away even if I had thought of it in my panic, I probably could of got around if I didn't lock the brakes or panic.

When It first happened I thought I didn't hit Marty and when I got rear ended I hit him but upon watching the replay I gave him a reasonable knock before getting hit myself, which resulted in me having a yellow front splitter and red rear wing and broke wind shield witch doesn't really bother me as much as it seems to bother some other people.

then I just started lapping and a couple laps later me and some one else had a bit of side bumping action which left me with pretty much red from the front to the rear around the left side of my car, So I just drove it home hoping to get as many points as possible.

Race 2 on turn 2 lap 1 some people went off ahead of me, no big deal but when I got to the corner one of the people, In a P4/5 didn't catch the name was re-entering the track and just kept moving left until we eventually collided with me right on the left side of the track just as the road straightened out and at least one person behind got caught up in it as well which left my car with orange damage all round, I thought that was a pretty unsafe re-entry to the track but there is no footage of it to be reviewed due to the replay size limit.

Then I ended up in front of GWyar and we had a good battle until I pit then I ended up behind him after he pit and we battle some more both having a few minor mistakes here and there but then I ended up make a big enough boo boo to put me in the gravel which left me a fair way behind, which actually wasn't bad for me as I again didn't do so well on the fuel front so I just drove around saving fuel, but GWyar must of got a PLP or something because he came of the pits just ahead of me with 3 or 4 laps to go and I just hunted him down. We went side by side almost all the way from about turn 5 to about turn 8 on the last lap where we bumped a little and GWyar ended up sliding off.

Looking at the replay I could of left more room and it looks like GWyar was just a bit fast to make the corner where we could of not hit. Then I just brought it home finishing with 0.1 laps worth of fuel left.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 12:16:34 AM »
Race 1 went well for the first 3 corners, then I was just sticking to my side of the track coming around turn 3 watching the cars on my right, leaving plenty of room then when I look more straight ahead of me there was Marty sitting on the track, and I just panicked and slammed on the brakes and hoped for the best, but in doing that all the wheels locked so there was no way I would of been able to turn away even if I had thought of it in my panic, I probably could of got around if I didn't lock the brakes or panic.

When It first happened I thought I didn't hit Marty and when I got rear ended I hit him but upon watching the replay I gave him a reasonable knock before getting hit myself, which resulted in me having a yellow front splitter and red rear wing and broke wind shield witch doesn't really bother me as much as it seems to bother some other people.

Not much you could have done there, the aero damage doesnt seem to be much of an issue in GT cars but my suspension was bent in 2 corners and so it didnt drive too well that way.  ;D The funny thing that I got no suspension damage from the initial hit with Stan and that was wheel to wheel contact. But the secondary impact which was pretty much head on caused the left front and right rear to bend, the rear must have been when I hit the wall. This was a pretty soft impact too but damage does need a bit more love before its actually considered more then random stuff happens in some contact. My windscreen didnt even brake which is even stranger as this normally breaks at the slightest contact.

Here are a few screens.

Race 1 Start into t1, Guybrush has already checked out  ;D

Contact with Stan, check out his head lol. I hope he didnt hurt his neck too bad as it looks pretty broken in this shot.

Me parked hoping everyone gets by.

Car after the secondary crash.

Race 2, trying to sneak inside Davo early but he was a hard man to get by in the little lotus. I was behind him for 8 laps I think until he missed a gear. Also got that darn Mclaren trying to find a way by as Im a little held up. I kept it behind for 22 1/2 lap but he finaly made the move on me.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:56:42 AM by marty »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 12:22:39 AM »
It felt like Freezer put a bit of a push-to-pass move on me at the top chicane on lap 5, but I haven't watched the replay, so I could be wrong.
I dived down the outside as you seemed to brake early and in squeezing around the outside there was a slight touch of my rear left and your right front, but I don't know about any push to pass??

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 07:31:25 AM »
It felt like Freezer put a bit of a push-to-pass move on me at the top chicane on lap 5, but I haven't watched the replay, so I could be wrong.
I dived down the outside as you seemed to brake early and in squeezing around the outside there was a slight touch of my rear left and your right front, but I don't know about any push to pass??

I dare say you're right - I haven't watched the replay. It just felt a bit forceful at the time. I think I was braking to pull out of an attempted inside pass on Ysu. I was probably just annoyed that Tom got through the hole too :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal