Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R3: Ferrari 312T at Monza (modern)

Author Topic: S5R3: Ferrari 312T at Monza (modern)  (Read 12320 times)

G0RGAK

Re: S5R3: Ferrari 312T at Monza (modern)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 10:49:22 AM »
In the first chicane, we'll have to merge to single file. And remember... if you're towards the rear of the grid, THE CARS IN FRONT OF YOU WILL STOP. It happens every time, so be prepared.

Remember, no restarts.

Yep, turn one is going to be deadly. Had a race on the test server and turn one claimed at least 3-4 people.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 12:51:21 PM »
It's safer and quicker if you take the line through that corner which involves not braking and minimal turning of the wheel.

When back in the pack I always find it best to brake earlier but softer and then just modulate your braking to the car in front.  A place like Monza into T1 it's not like you are going to get swarmed around the outside by cars anyway unless they are on the grass.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »
The historic Monza race in round 1 claimed quite a few casualties in the same location as the modern chicane but in that version its just a straight.  ;D

T1 can be taken side by side quite easily as long as both cars give each other enough room, in these cars if damage to aero effects them badly then avoiding any contact is more important then going side by side into t1. I still remember this corner caught me out when we had a race there in this combination last year. Its the best place to get a run on someone but I found it easy to miss gears trying to out brake someone on the inside. I think twice in the races I had major lockups here and just luckily avoided hitting those outside due to me entering the corner before they got to turn in.

When I ran Monza modern in public servers also most issues still happened on the straight well before the corner, the accidents into t1 are mostly caused by the guy inside running deep and pushing into the outside guy or this guy turning in. It is such a slow corner though that it really should be quite possible to drive alongside others as long as enough racing room is given.

Here is some real world action from here with a few different race starts, not most incidents happen here during the race. Starts people seem to have more caution then making passes.
[youtube]1ZzltjEPRns[/youtube]

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:38:28 PM by marty »

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 07:16:57 PM »
Sorry but I can't make it tonight, have a good one All.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal