Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R3: Ferrari 312T at Monza - Post Race

Author Topic: S5R3: Ferrari 312T at Monza - Post Race  (Read 12796 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: February 03, 2015, 10:13:08 PM »
Post away.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S5R3: Ferrari 312T at Monza - Post Race
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:43:59 PM »
away.

Was away and cant see no results.   ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:48:52 PM »
Here you go Marty, just for you:

Race Results
Season Standings

Well done to Guybrush on the clean sweep: 3 race wins, 3 poles, 3 fastest laps.

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    228
StanDaam    202
Perch    170
Wally    163
Bacchulum    138
Matthew111    129
Dave O    126
Rob    121
Grubbet    120
Phil    112
Krahl    112
Gratulin    109
Freezer    109
Bafs17    100
G0RGAK    97
Vipergod    94
M8R    87
Simone    60

Season Top Three
1. Guybrush Threepwood, 456
2. StanDaam, 416
3. Marty, 384
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

G0RGAK

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 11:37:29 PM »
Good races tonight, love looking at the stats page as always

Bit shattered, i worked on my setup monday but forgot to save it :(
So i had to work from memory, thought i had it down for race 3, but alas it still wasn't right.

How u nail off such awesome lap time's is beyond me Guybrush, are u a robot ?

Thanks wally for setting it up, see you guys next week, looking forward to 1000+ HP F1's  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 11:43:20 PM »
I enjoyed this round immensely. The Ferrari was great to drive - a nice difficulty without being too brutal.

In race 1, I had a great battle with Simone, passing him on the straight with the draft but then giving the spot back a little later. Near the end of the race, my gearbox was quite damaged, so I backed off a bit with careful shifts to finish the race in one piece. On the final lap, I lost the rear on the last chicane and skidded into the barrier, dropping two spots to Bacchulum and Gratulin, but luckily no major damage done. I'd bumped up the aero a bit for this race because of the slippery track conditions.

Race 2 was a good battle with Krahl on my hammer for several laps until he made a little mistake. It was very sporting of Krahl to give back a position after I had backed off when Matthew111's car nearly warped back into mine. Thanks.
I had lowered the aero a little for this race, and got my best race lap as a result.

In race 3, I upped the aero again because the car felt a little squirelly in the previous race, but it dropped my best lap time by 0.7 secs. This race was a good chase of Bacchulum, who I passed when he clipped the kerb on the last chicane and got a little out of shape. I was clearly faster than him in turn 3, even having to back off to avoid running into the back of him, so I'm guessing he had quite low aero. By race 3, I was braking into T1 and downshifting like a boss. The slightly higher aero (but still only 3/3) probably helped with that.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 09:29:24 AM »
Well done to Guybrush on the clean sweep: 3 race wins, 3 poles, 3 fastest laps.

Get a new wheel Marty!!! We need you back to put the pressures on this GB chap!!  :D

I had an excellent night of racings!! Ended up with a 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, so very happy with that  ;D

Race 1, managed to slightly out brake myself at Variante della Roggia (where!!), ran up the rear of GB and gave him a little tap on the rear, caused a little kaos, then managed to get going again in about 7th. Got back to 3rd after some excellent battles, then couldn't quite catch Mathew, but had fun hunting him  :D
Race 2 was pretty quiet but consistent...
Race 3 was great fun!! Ended up in 3rd spot behind Perch and GB. Had a schweeet battle with Perch for most of the race, side by side thru Rettifilo (where!!!) and at the mighty Parabolica (I know that one!!). Great dicings and space given.  :)
Fun car to drive, awesome power plant, and you could actually control it (most of the time!!  ;D )

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 09:36:56 AM »
'Twas a fun combo.  It's nice feeling like you can dance this car on the edge a little without the fear of being completely shafted at the slightest twitch.

Race 1 I got a poor start but managed to come out in front of Stan after T1, but then going into the second chicane I braked (broke?) a little early in caution and got a bump from behind.  I didn't even see it coming.  Anyway, it wasn't so bad - I had a damaged rear wing which made the car very twitchy around the corners but I was able to hold on for the win.

Race 2 was fairly straight forward.  I just concentrated on hitting my marks and being in the low 46's while taking some of the corners fairly conservatively - particularly the exit of Ascari (last chicane) as this can throw you if you are taking it as fast as possible but get it a little bit wrong.

Race 3 I was having fun watching Stan and Perch behind me battle it out.  I was also having trouble though with the time of day as some of the shadows were covering up my brake markers, which wasn't a huge issue, but more so that my graphics card started to over-heat and my game would intermittently go from 60 FPS down to 20 FPS as it throttled back and cooled off.  I think this may have just been running the game for so long though as my room gets pretty hot.  Perhaps I should look at reducing the overclock on my GPU?

Congrats to Perch, first timer and he kept everyone honest and was able to finish on the podium, showing some good pace.

Look forward to the monster over the next 2 weeks and trying to keep the gearbox in tact over 20-odd laps :)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 11:17:28 AM »
Not a bad night for me although a few mistakes put pay to any real results.  I had one spin coming on to the main straight and after tapping the wall I found myself sliding into pit lane for an unexpected drive through.  Have to say the T1 behavior seemed to be very good with no obvious drama.
I did manage to get myself some damage at various points in the races which hurt the car and put pay to what where generally good starts and reasonably qualifying spots.  A couple of lag related accidents didn't help things which I think may be a problem at my end despite having very low ping....strange!  Anyhow, on to next week.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:34:38 AM by Freezer »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
Does anyone have a replay of Race 2? Thanks in advance.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »
The Ferrari 312 T "GOOD FUN!"  Race one was great I had an exciting duel with wally I drove well but his gear problem gave me a push :-*
Race 2 was even better a professional start with some good first laps,unfortunately my connection went crazy and I had to retire.I hit someone during the connection chaos and I am sorry but I was out of control.
 Let me say this,i have over 10 years of online racing experience(..ye I know"stick it up your arse :D)but Guybrush is a real alien,...congratz!!!
 8)   but I`ll tell you!!...I will get a sec off you........ ??? >:( >:(

see you next week

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »
Thanks for the sentiment Simone, but we are all sitting somewhere on the scale of pace, from the quickest to the slowest, and there are plenty quicker than me.  I also have the luxury of being able to practice.

Without sounding arrogant, one day I'd like to put together something which shows how I normally learn a track and car (and possibly setup) to see if it helps anyone, as there is a process I normally go through.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »
Thanks for the sentiment Simone, but we are all sitting somewhere on the scale of pace, from the quickest to the slowest, and there are plenty quicker than me.  I also have the luxury of being able to practice.

Without sounding arrogant, one day I'd like to put together something which shows how I normally learn a track and car (and possibly setup) to see if it helps anyone, as there is a process I normally go through.
The fact that you HAVE a process is probably Lesson 1!!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 03:51:03 PM »

Yeah, that would be interesting, because take it from me, we all go through these phases in our sim racing "careers" of not being able to understand how someone can be many seconds a lap faster than you, no matter what you try or how much you practice.

It was interesting to look at your telemetry some time ago and compare it to mine. The takeaway there, time and time again, was that you brake later and get on the power earlier. Do that on each of a dozen or so corners, and it adds up to seconds pretty quickly. Perhaps you are especially skilled at setting up the car in such a way that allows you to do that, on top of any natural smoothness or skill.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »
It would be interesting Wally for you to look at my telemetry since I've changed my brake spring as I certainly don't have the feel in the brakes since doing that - it effects the cars with the best performing brakes the most, like the Formula Abarth or the Exos.

Offline Perch

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
Cheers Stan and Guy :D Great night. I stuffed up a bit in the first race and caused some trouble and couldn't keep on top of the car in race two. I added some extra aero for race three and what a race! As above, Stan and I had a great battle for the length of the race. He caught me through Parabolica and I tried to claim it back by going up the inside into turn one but I was overly keen and had to take the escape road. Sweaty, sweaty palms at the end of that one.

Bring on next week :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal