Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R2: Blackwood Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R2: Blackwood Race Chat  (Read 11818 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S21R2: Blackwood Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 10:18:36 PM »
I am just sneaking into the 8s on mediums,  there is a 7 in it on softs if I could ever do the first chicane properly, but low 8s on softs so far
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:27:38 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 09:15:07 AM »
Hello my friends!!
Still no joy, after 3 weeks, 1667 phone calls, 3 telstra technician and lots and lots of WTF? Momemts the modem is dropping out every 5 min.
Technician told me the problem is my telephone line from my home to the first pit(50 mt) the cable must be replaced.
Another technician is coming the 13th...WTF?  Don't know what to think or what to do anymore, we badly need to be connected at home.we must have a working tel line!!!!  For christs sake!!! We just live 40 klm north Brisbane!!!  .....cant even download the track and do a couples of laps.....i don't know.....Bah!!  Worst thing is that yesterday we pay the bill.
Sorry guys but obviously i cant race!!
Let you know what happen .....have fun and i miss you!!

Simone

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 09:46:26 AM »
Worst thing is that yesterday we pay the bill.

I had similar issues connected to the NBN, my line had problems a couple hundred meters away. While I waited Telstra waived all the monthly costs till the connection was stable. Even after they connected me I continued to have drop outs and I made a habit of calling every time it happened. I called 36 times in the first month after connection, they waived that fee for me as well.

I also got a $20 dollar a month discount to future bills because I ordered 100Mb but only get 75Mb hence the monthly discount.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »
Hello my friends!!
Still no joy, after 3 weeks, 1667 phone calls, 3 telstra technician and lots and lots of WTF? Momemts the modem is dropping out every 5 min.
Technician told me the problem is my telephone line from my home to the first pit(50 mt) the cable must be replaced.
Another technician is coming the 13th...WTF?  Don't know what to think or what to do anymore, we badly need to be connected at home.we must have a working tel line!!!!  For christs sake!!! We just live 40 klm north Brisbane!!!  .....cant even download the track and do a couples of laps.....i don't know.....Bah!!  Worst thing is that yesterday we pay the bill.
Sorry guys but obviously i cant race!!
Let you know what happen .....have fun and i miss you!!

Simone
sIMONE,

You may be able to check the connections at both ends of the cable run yourself (if you are willing?). If it is a damaged cable and/or conduit then Telstra will need to replace but it is still worth double checking the connections at both ends.

First thing would be to confirm that the cable end that you see in your house is actually the Telstra "black cable". By that I mean does the cable in the Telstra pit look like it is the same cable as the cable in your house. If not then you have another connection somewhere in/under your house that could be causing issues. If you don't want to "open" the Testra pit then just trace your telephone cable all the way to the Telstra conduit that is running out of your house. You will at least confirm that there are no bad connection between your modem and the Telstra conduit/cable.

You can then open up the connections themselves to check that there is no corrosion. The Testra guy should have done this but if you didn't actually see him check every connector then it is worth double checking.

A neighbour had a similar problem to yours and when I checked all his connectors I missed one. Turned out it was the faulty connector. Luckily we eventually found that it was the cause.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 07:20:17 PM »
Yes gratulin the technician checked the connection at.both end and indeed we gained some speed but its.the connection at.my place that is crackling and noise so the fault is from my house to the pit.
But thx for your encouragment i need it.Inside the tel cable there 2 wires,one is already out of service and we,3 years ago joined to the wire number 2 only, and it has been good since.but now maybe the wire number 2 is old and malfuctioning as well....testing is indicating this theory...lol
The 13th of month the super technician will be here and maybe with someof luck......
When the modem is on i can get a speed of 130 kb/s.....before cleaning the connections it was 14 kb/s...so...cmon...cmon telstra!!!!!!  Lololololol  thing is it looks like i have some data to watch the juve- tottenham football match   

See you soon be good!!!!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 05:03:10 PM »
Looks like it may be a difficult race for Team Maki, we a bit down on the laptimes Freezer!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 06:40:00 PM »
Looks like it may be a difficult race for Team Maki, we a bit down on the laptimes Freezer!
Nah, just lulling them into a false sense of security :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal