Xtreme Gaming Network

S32R1 - Misano World Circuit

Author Topic: S32R1 - Misano World Circuit  (Read 10091 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S32R1 - Misano World Circuit
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:09:53 PM »
Joe gets his season off to a flying start, with three wins. ab156 got a good haul of bonus points, with pole position and two fastest laps, with killagorilla taking out the third fastest lap bonus.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Joe   75
killagorilla   53
ab156   42
Wally   31
Mael   28
AGK   26
Phil.8   25
Jarmel   15
Freezer   8
Doobs   6
Rob   5
Seanus   3
AbleArcher83   3
Bacchulum   2
DaveReid   1
Captain Slow   0

Penalties
Race 1
DaveReid hit the back of Seanus with locked up brakes – 25 kg penalty ballast for next race.

Race 3
Mael ran into the back of ab156 under brakes, but ab156 appeared to slow suddenly and unexpectedly mid-corner. I’m not sure Mael could have avoided the impact, so I’m calling that a racing incident.

Season Standings
1. Joe, 75
2. killagorilla, 53
3. ab156, 42

Krahl Racing take the early lead in the teams standings, 32 points clear of KJ Racing.

3 x 12 laps.

Weather will be fairly cool - 13, 14 and 13 degrees, and potentially quite windy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 10:55:38 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S32R1 - Misano World Circuit
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 11:37:14 AM »
A small variety of setups to choose from, more will come.

Legend:
xs-xx = springs
sx-xx = soft
mx-xx = medium
hx-xx = hard

xx-xa = aero
xx-lx = low
xx-hx = high

I may add xx-xx-xr for anti-roll bars, if I get that far down the rabbit hole, but I'll work on the springs of the low DF first.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 07:27:36 AM »
Practice server is up now - it was too windy originally and it blew the server way. The races will be 12 laps.

I've opened bidding at 1:28.67.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 02:23:21 PM »
A small variety of setups to choose from, more will come.

Legend:
xs-xx = springs
sx-xx = soft
mx-xx = medium
hx-xx = hard

xx-xa = aero
xx-lx = low
xx-hx = high

I may add xx-xx-xr for anti-roll bars, if I get that far down the rabbit hole, but I'll work on the springs of the low DF first.

This is an awesome
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 05:28:36 PM »
...and the low aero set. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 01:14:30 PM »
Mael has upped the ante with a 01:26.578  .

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:13:08 PM »
Mael has upped the ante with a 01:26.578  .

pffftt... default setup. just sayin'

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 06:21:57 PM »
Server's up.

I've added Phil & Joe to the entry list, 'cos I assume they'll want to race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 10:56:08 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations Joe on the round win and the early championship lead.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 11:00:38 PM »
I tossed away a ton of places in race 1 by taking too much inside kerb on the final chicane, which spun me onto the grass, where I did a few more doughnuts on the grass trying to drive around the barricades. I had another stupid spin in race 2, but I was able to regain a few positions, and race 3 was clean and consistent.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 10:47:50 AM »
I got lucky with Jarmel and AB both making mistakes allows me to pass. I think it would have been very difficult to pass here otherwise despite being faster through some sections.

That first win meant the next 2 races I was able to pull ahead and make a gap while the people behind were fighting a bit, then just manage that gap until the end.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »
I got lucky with Jarmel and AB both making mistakes allows me to pass. I think it would have been very difficult to pass here otherwise despite being faster through some sections.

That first win meant the next 2 races I was able to pull ahead and make a gap while the people behind were fighting a bit, then just manage that gap until the end.

I SAY REVERSE GRID TOP 5  ;D ;D

Not a great night. So-so quali meant race 1 was spend dealing with Phil, Race 2 stuck behind Killer who I assume ran into damage problems? and Race 3 we don't talk about. My team mate did not do much better either  :'(

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:37:07 AM by Mael »

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 11:26:26 AM »
Gratz on the win Joe

To be honest I  was so shitting myself in the first race, not used to starting a race that high and didn't want to ruin it for the guys around me. The pressure led to some sloppy driving and eventually got to me and spun it. Hit the fence hard with the resulting damage it was quite a struggle.  The next few races i never got back in the groove and had a damaged car for both races fairly soon after the start, once when i hit freezer (so sorry ) and then next race got involved in the the pile up at the first hairpin.

Very happy with qualifying form tho, I dunno where i pulled those times out from but boy was it fun, i was even on for a flat 15 until the car (not me)  spun it on exit on the last corner.
And lastly a good solid start by KJ racing in its debut season with Killa performing really well picking up 2nd overall.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 12:50:53 PM »
I opted to run the softs last night in the hope of a bit more traction and they did last without any real issue.
The downside was my inability to finish a race without a spin somewhere.  I was able to make a few passes each
race but the little spin each time dropped me back.
Need to either improve my driving or settle the car which feels a little on edge.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 02:04:29 PM »

I SAY REVERSE GRID TOP 5  ;D ;D

I say Mael starts from the back every race as he's always causing trouble. Actually.. Mael starts from the pits every race, less chance of a T1 incident then

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal