Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R8: Donington Park GP Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R8: Donington Park GP Pre-Race Chat  (Read 24060 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S7R8: Donington Park GP Pre-Race Chat
« on: July 07, 2015, 10:56:00 PM »
This is a single race, with 2 pitstops needed (2.8x fuel and tyres), for triple points.

Entry List
Bacchulum    ferrari_laferrari
Bafs17    ferrari_laferrari
christopheraser    ks_mclaren_p1
Freezer    ks_mclaren_p1
Gratulin    ks_mclaren_p1
Grubbet    ferrari_laferrari
Guybrush Threepwood    ks_mclaren_p1
Imperious    ks_mclaren_p1
JamieP    ks_mclaren_p1
Jeremy    ferrari_laferrari
Joe    ks_mclaren_p1
Marty    ferrari_laferrari
Matthew111    ferrari_laferrari
Phil.8    ferrari_laferrari
Rob    ks_mclaren_p1
Rolz    ferrari_laferrari
Simone    ks_mclaren_p1
StanDaam    ks_mclaren_p1
Wally    ferrari_laferrari
Ysu    ks_mclaren_p1

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:43:23 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S7R8: Donington Park GP Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 11:03:57 PM »
Two rounds will be 50 min races with 2 pitstops. 2.8x tyre wear and 2.8x fuel.

Is it 2.8x or 3x on the fuel, I have put up a practice server with 2.8x but can change it if its meant to be 3x.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 08:27:06 AM »
Two rounds will be 50 min races with 2 pitstops. 2.8x tyre wear and 2.8x fuel.

Is it 2.8x or 3x on the fuel, I have put up a practice server with 2.8x but can change it if its meant to be 3x.

I just put up 3x as an approx last night. I'll have to check, but I think it will be 2.8x, like it was at Spa. It will be close to that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 09:43:52 PM »
Yep, it's 2.8x fuel and tyres.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 11:12:52 AM »
Is there meant to be an XGN server up somewhere for this?

EDIT: all good, for some reason my filter wasn't bringing anything up when I typed in "xgn"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:14:54 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 02:53:18 PM »
I can't see any lap times in ptracker in game on the practice server. If I go to the sessions tab I see the session from one of the other open server. Talking of which, have had some awesome racing this weekend on one of Marty's servers.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »
Here is the stracker combo link for this rpund.

http://54.153.159.164:50041/lapstat?track=doningtonpark-gp&cars=ferrari_laferrari,ks_mclaren_p1&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

There has also been an update to ptracker, so anyone running 2.8 should get this update as it fixes the connection issue on multi server setups like mine.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile

Offline Benana101

• New to Sim racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 08:18:18 PM »
Hey Wally, long time no see.
Is there a spot available in the race? I haven't been able to race for the last couple of weeks/months. My internet was not working for several weeks? That is why I had to quit
Thanks
If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 09:44:54 PM »
Hey Wally, long time no see.
Is there a spot available in the race? I haven't been able to race for the last couple of weeks/months. My internet was not working for several weeks? That is why I had to quit
Thanks

Hi Benana. Yes, there's a spot. I've sent you a PM.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 09:39:54 AM »
This is gonna be hard work tonight doing 35 laps! When pushing I can manage around 1-2 laps before I spin off  ;D Did one 11 lap race last night with a few others and think I only spun off once at 'race pace', so slow and steady tonight I think...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 09:49:48 AM »
For some reason I was thinking 22 laps but 35 will be interesting. That will be a 2 stop race I assume and should be a bit of fun. I had a good little race with Jeremey and Matthew, with Matthew getting a small  but Jeremy and I battled all the way.

Running on worn tyres then jumping back onto a fresh set is quite a nice feeling. Seems the p1 and ferrari are fairly close or at least gb got his in there amongst the times set in th lafferari as he is a quick bugger.

It seems the ferrari has a bit more potential but putting a solid lap together is a challenge, same as making sure not to get penalties during the race as its easy to go a little wide on some exits.

Hope we get a good turnout but there may be some rage quits with people getting penalties etc.  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 10:05:01 AM »
Yeah I got a 10 second penalty over 11 laps, so I'm expecting one over 35. Would be nice if the number of invalid laps before a penalty could be adjusted based on the length of the race, but assume that's a fair bit of work as would require the app to connect to some kind of service to tell it how many.  Or could it just use a calculation based on number of laps?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:06:37 AM by Joe »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »
The trick with PLP is that if you lift off enough it wont count as a cut. If your going wide then jist lif and you should avoid getting called most of the time. If you keep it flat then your likely to both get a warning or spin off.

The only time I was getting the was when really trying to push for a time but I was going slower anyway due to overdriving. Stracker invalidated more of my laps compared to how many plp called.

The app does handle things fairly well as long as you make sure your not gaining time while off track. With the 3 warnings it will allow for a few mistakes but I think it will spice things up if some people may get themselves into trouble.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:42 AM »
It's a similar deal to Spa. One 50 minute race with 2 pitstops. I'm looking forward to it because I missed the Spa round.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal