Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 8 Car Poll

Poll

Which option do you want for season 8?

Fast car: Pagani Zonda R (single make)
6 (16.2%)
Mid-race car: Lotus Evora GTC and GX (drive both cars)
13 (35.1%)
Trackday: Lotus 2 Eleven (with ballast)
11 (29.7%)
Low speed: Abarth EsseEsse  Step 1 (single make)
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Season 8 Car Poll  (Read 25968 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: Season 8 Car Poll
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 11:48:51 AM »
Yea its ok wally,but for me the 100% damage  should be a natural thing,after all racing is made of ......make a mistake and you  crash  in to the wall.Too many quick downshift and you cook eggs....i mean it should be a natural part of racing which  at the same time makes the online experience more fair for everybody,

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
The windscreen damage seems to have been fixed in an update as I really havent had that much, gearbox damage is one reason I prefer 100% damage so people cant shift at too high rpm. The main thing you need to avoid damaging the box is to be a little more patient on some shifts and you can pretty much avoid it. I think the 500 has a fairly sensitive gearbox so I will put up a practice server at 100% and people can see how they go. The hardest is if you miss a gear and let it grind for a second or 2 which is what gives me lots of GB damage.

I tried the toy car mod last week and that thing had a gearbox made of plastic, it was lucky to survive 4 laps at Vallelunga club.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »
I dunno, I still don't think the damage is realistic enough to warrant 100%.

There are lots of times with some minor rubbing of other cars and slight touches of barriers will crack the windscreen, blow your engine and give you ridiculous amounts of aero damage.  If it was a big shunt, then fine, but when it's natural racing then it's too unrealistic.

I think it's part the damage being the issue but also the collisions in MP and the way AC does them.  Sometimes the touches are OK but sometimes they aren't.  I think where Wally sets the damage at at the moment is fairly realistic as it still effects your performance and acts as a deterrent without anything silly happening.

If real life damage was like AC at 100% we wouldn't see any rubbing or bumps in any of the classes.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 05:03:16 PM »
If real life damage was like AC at 100% we wouldn't see any rubbing or bumps in any of the classes.
Except in BTCC, where it appears to be a mandatory requirement. :o :P

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:44 PM »
I do agree at times with car to car contact damage can be a bit harsh or mostly the effect a lite bump can have to cars speed. I dont think there is such a thing as a lite rub with a barrier as I dont think any car will get away with brushing a wall at more then 100kmh. You can always film yourself rubbing the freeway barriers at 100kmh and see how well you drive away.  ;)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 10:52:04 PM »
Wow i was so wrong on my fiat assumption, its a total nugget lol. I thought the s1 tag may turn it into a more responsive btcc-ish style car i could not have envisioned it more wrong lol on the other hand the lotus 2-11 is a blast to drive especially the base version with the h pat!
do you even motorsports?

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 09:04:21 AM »
The Fiat's awesome... just gotta work out where to put my pillow in the cockpit...  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 09:15:09 AM »
So... if we go with the Fiat can we please race on Jacksonville, Nords, and Longford?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 09:18:03 AM »
The abarth can give good side by side racing in a pack, but if you fall behind, it's really hard to catch up. We'll see how the fun race goes.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 10:20:55 AM »
Maybe before driving the fiat you need to get in the Miata. Went from Miata to Alfa gta last nite and it made the alfa feel like a rocket.  ;D

Rolz

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »
Was there a final decision and when we start?

When would this season end as well as I'm away Mid-Sept for a few weeks  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 01:48:21 PM »
No final decision yet. Two more trial races, then a decision based on the poll results. Season will start 3 Tuesdays from now, and probably go for 6 weeks. Probably end Sep 15.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 01:50:45 PM »
thanks Wally! :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:48 AM »
Any idea where the next race is going to be, maybe I am blind but I didnt see it. I have put up a prac server with both 2 elevens at Silverstone international atm but will change if it should be elsewhere. I have also had a KTM and 2 eleven server for a while which will rotate tracks a few times a week. I noticed the kerbs of death really being nasty with the regular 2 eleven at Mugello so if the patch comes maybe testing it on this track will be good.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 07:39:45 AM »
Any idea where the next race is going to be, maybe I am blind but I didnt see it. I have put up a prac server with both 2 elevens at Silverstone international atm but will change if it should be elsewhere. I have also had a KTM and 2 eleven server for a while which will rotate tracks a few times a week. I noticed the kerbs of death really being nasty with the regular 2 eleven at Mugello so if the patch comes maybe testing it on this track will be good.

Maybe Vallelunga again, just the long version. Makes it easier to compare the nature of the racing between the Abarth and these cars.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal