Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R8: Donington Park GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R8: Donington Park GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 18540 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
S7R8: Donington Park GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 07:00:23 PM »
The point I am trying to make is that with the Python apps adding a few thousand lines of code between each AC line of code the AC timing may be getting screwed even on an otherwise excellent performance PC. Nothing to do with fps or network performance. The Python apps are the weakest architectural part of AC.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:03:35 PM by Gratulin »

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S7R8: Donington Park GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 12:25:11 AM »
That is true but only if they are causing performance issue in some way, if there is no negative impact to them and they arent filling your ac logfile with errors then they should not be a problem.

On my pub server I had noticed a bit more warp lately but all I did was disable stracker, this clearly has a negative impact on a server when its running. With it off there were nowhere near as many issues but still one or 2 people with some warps mostly caused by an obvious issue on their end. For me I still ran all my apps including ptracker for live timing etc but I will likely keep ptracker off on all servers other then the XGN practice server and my pub password qualy server.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 07:36:27 AM »
I removed all apps last night and jumped on Marty's server and then ran a race on my own PC with 16 AI.  I also ran with graphics pretty much maxed out (normally have to run the opposite).  Result, Marty's server was pretty smooth, didnt see any obvious lag (60fps on triples).  AI race I was getting the 99% CPU warning and not quite as many fps.
So bearing in mind I had the graphics cranked up there was definately an improvement in that small test. . . more to be done though!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »
Which apps do you normally run freezer, also by the time you joined there were mostly higher pings left so others wouldnt appear as smooth. I didnt see your car warp at all and your ping was at its usual 17.

One app thats known for causing issues is ov1 so beat to avoid this. Its good to test out 1 app at a time to see which one may be causing problems.

The next few tuesdays are fun runs so it would be a good time for those that tend to get warps to try a few things. We will also get v1.2 in that time with some server and mo changes so things could change a bit.

Also do you ever get the cpu warning in a large field mo race? That always had issues with time sync for people that got it and it would cause constant warps so thats 1 thing you should try and avoid if possible.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 07:08:31 PM »
Which apps do you normally run freezer,

The next few tuesdays are fun runs so it would be a good time for those that tend to get warps to try a few things. We will also get v1.2 in that time with some server and mo changes so things could change a bit.

Also do you ever get the cpu warning in a large field mo race? That always had issues with time sync for people that got it and it would cause constant warps so thats 1 thing you should try and avoid if possible.
I had folders for Ferito Live Traker, Helicorsa, Mini Gear, OV1 Info, Ptracker, RSRLiveTime, StatsBarPlus, Tyretemp however they weren't all activated in the menu.
Never get the CPU warning in online races just with AI on my PC.
Well have to swap the apps back in one at a time to test, but first impressions is that it was an improvement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal