Xtreme Gaming Network

Jul 21 fun run: Abarth 500 at Vallelunga

Author Topic: Jul 21 fun run: Abarth 500 at Vallelunga  (Read 14532 times)

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: July 15, 2015, 08:12:32 AM »
This is the first of 3 season 8 car trials, the idea being to try the three front-running combos in the poll and then allow people to adjust their votes if they want. They'll all be at Vallelunga.

Abarth 500 EsseEsse S1 at Vallelunga Club (20 laps), then at Vallelunga (10 laps, reverse top 10 from qual 1).
Normal tyre wear and fuel.
Qual at 8:00 Eastern.

RSR rank times:

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=13&car=52&rank_type=all&tyre_type=all&controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=7&car=52&rank_type=all&tyre_type=all&controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Jul 21 fun run: Abarth 500 at Vallelunga
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 12:27:46 AM »
Here will be the link for the stracker laptimes on this combo.

http://54.66.133.222:50041/lapstat?track=vallelunga-club_circuit&cars=abarth500_s1&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

I am only running stracker on a couple of the servers now as I found that it has been causing some server warping while on. This server will never likely get full so it shouldnt be an issue.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »
I have turned off the http server on stracker as I just found that anyone searching through it while people are in the server raised pings by about 40. I have re enabled stracker on all the servers for now with the http server disabled to see if this works better.

I wonder if a seperate free instance could be used to run the stracker http server without causing any load on the server itself. It could be a limit to my AWS instance but this has been running full grids without issues with stracker off its just been doing some weirdness with it on. Lap times can still be seen ingame if you run ptracker.

I have currently opened up the server, stracker off on all servers atm too as I am finding it causing warps much more solid with them off. You can check the RSR times here to get an idea of what is an ok lap.

These cars are definitely more fun on the extended version of the track, short track is a little too short but fun to run both on the nite. You can run side by side with someone at each turn in these so there can be some fun racing, even did some turns 3 wide in an open server and survived.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:10:48 PM by marty »

Rolz

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
Cool... looking forward to it!
I have fun flogging the guts out of these little things  ;D

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 07:28:45 PM »
"Problem During Checksum" is the error I'm getting at the moment.

Rolz

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 07:30:17 PM »
ditto

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 07:32:30 PM »
Ah dang, its that whole ”different configurations ” malarkey again. I'll fix it...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:42 PM »
OK, fixed hopefully.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 07:42:22 PM »
thanks

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 10:10:14 PM »

Was in the 1.2 update log as fixed so finally shouldn't be an issue once that comes.

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 10:19:16 PM »
Here are the Race Results.

Congratulations to Guybrush and Grubbet on the race wins.

I thought the cars were quite good fun while in a close pack, with close rubbing racing, but if you have an accident, or an off, and fall away from the pack, it's nigh on impossible to catch up again, and you spend a lot of time just circulating, which could get quite boring. These cars are ideally suited to quick sprints (with some reverse grids), so the field can be gathered up again off the line.

PS. Don't forget to modify your season 8 car poll vote if you want to.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 10:25:22 PM »
I had fun in both races.

I think naturally, cars that provide close racing are going to be boring if you fall back because there isn't so much of a performance gap to enable you to catch up.  It's one or the other...  Unless there is a safety car.

Rolz

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 07:55:58 AM »
Race 1 - Silly me quit instead of going to pits and when I joined I'd lost my qual spot and started near the back. I'm interested to understand why that wasn't picked up in the race results. Quietly confident I would have done better if I hadn't chopped my own legs off.  :o

Race 2 - Started near the back and moved forward, 1 poor form and t-boned someone in the door at one of the hairpins... No excuse. My only reasoning was that we went from the short track to the long track in the one race and I wasn't used to the brake markers. Maybe practice not long enough? Another one I need to looks at in the replay is the collision I had with Gratulin... I was certain I'd gotten side up enough to claim the inside of the corner when Gratulin came over and we collided and Gratulin came off worse. Like I said, I'll check tonight when I get home. Wasn't intentional... thought I had it.  :-[

Fun little cars

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 08:29:50 AM »
I'm interested to understand why that wasn't picked up in the race results
There must be a bug there, where it's keeping your best qual time from before you quit.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 08:40:14 AM »
@Rolz don't worry about it - you probably did have overlap but I could not see you in the blind spot (not running helicorsa at present) and anyway there was no way I could get around that chicane without taking some of the apex. So contact was inevitable. Hope 1.2 fixes collisions - I don't think we made that big a contact but it wrecked my car.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:44:15 AM by Gratulin »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal