Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R1 Race Chat: Imola

Author Topic: S8R1 Race Chat: Imola  (Read 13450 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S8R1 Race Chat: Imola
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »
Fingers crossed I make the race tonight.  PC is struggling, but testing last night showed 99degree temps on the CPU running 16 cars.  I keep getting CPU warnings and my race night on server has been prone to lag despite very low ping.   So I plan to re seat the CPU with some new thermal paste and check the fan when I get home which hopefully brings it down.  Otherwise, once it gets to hot it starts to crap itself.

Interesting - I wonder if that's been the source of your sometimes warps despite your very low ping?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »
Fingers crossed I make the race tonight.  PC is struggling, but testing last night showed 99degree temps on the CPU running 16 cars.  I keep getting CPU warnings and my race night on server has been prone to lag despite very low ping.   So I plan to re seat the CPU with some new thermal paste and check the fan when I get home which hopefully brings it down.  Otherwise, once it gets to hot it starts to crap itself.

Interesting - I wonder if that's been the source of your sometimes warps despite your very low ping?
Hopefully it is. . . and this will fix it!  Its been getting gradually worse, which is frustrating having a good card, new screens, plenty of ram etc etc I have still had to be running low graphic settings to try and compensate.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »
99 degree temps I'm surprised the pc doesn't shut itself down at that point. I had a brain berp moment when rebuilding one of my GPU radiators where I had a twin fan setup on either side of the radiator with both fans working against each other sucking air in from both directions unsurprisingly causing temps to skyrocket. This was causing some crashing but still since 1.2 I have had more random crashes for unknown reasons then in any other build of AC. Afterburner is reporting very high Vram usage in AC at 6+GB while running SLI at 8060x1440 this sometimes gets to 7GB which isn't good as my GPU's only have 6GB each.

In pcars or Dirt rally fuly maxed at same res only is using around 4GB and AC used to be around that or lower but seems much higher atm not sure what it is. I will need to play around with settings to see if I can sort it out but I also noticed I had to turn off High Quality Mirror Reflection when at 3x1440 where I never needed to touch that setting in earlier builds. Having mirrors at HQ my fps were dropping when other cars where in my mirror so clearly this was an issue. At 3x1080 I can max it all out with no issues so it seems something in AC may be hogging extra vram, it could also be an issue with win 10 nv drivers though as that's when I first noticed this.

Also new patch has made some physics changes which may effect some of these cars

- Added MAX_BALLAST_KG to server_cfg.ini (defaults to 100Kg if the value is not there)
- 4WD cars now behave better at very low speed
- New ABS code won't allow individual wheel braking and improves stability and directionality
- Fixed clutch remaining unlocked at high speeds in some occasions generating engine "stutters"
- Fixed tyre blankets not working in HotLap and other oddities
- Nissan GT-R new central active diff logic
- Corrected camber sensitivity values for all tyres
- Corrected brake balance for some cars that had heavy oversteering problems under braking
- Various memory optimizations to allow more cars to be used
- Fixed FPS cap to allow precise FPS selection. Please reset your values from the launcher
- Fixed Alfa Romeo 155 autoclutch range for 1st gear starts
- Tweaked tyres skid pitch, especially for race cars with slicks
- acServerManager : added "Create Manager Package" to use this tool on remote machines
- acServerManager : some performance improvements
- acServerManager : added "External Server" to run multiple servers on the same PC.
- acServerManager : weather settings are no more limited to 3

UDP PLUGIN CHANGES
- Added ACSP_VERSION both as command and as incoming message
- ACSP_NEW_SESSION has now a brother ACSP_SESSION_INFO and new format
- New ACSP_CHAT message
- New ACSP_CLIENT_LOADED message
- New ACSP_GET_SESSION_INFO command
- New ACSP_SET_SESSION_INFO command
- New ACSP_ERROR message
- New ACSP_KICK_USER command
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 03:03:07 PM by marty »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 04:50:45 PM »

- Corrected brake balance for some cars that had heavy oversteering problems under braking

I'd say this was the issue I was talking about with the 458 Marty.  It will be interesting to give it a shot tonight.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 06:13:30 PM »
Server's up. I've just jumped on to check it's OK.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 06:28:38 PM »
running SLI at 8060x1440

Any sympathy I had for you went out the window when I read this.... :P

And news for me - I still don't have rights to join AC channel in TS. :)

I'm just listening to lots of people join and leave the lobby... oh so ronry...

Edit - AAaannnd Checksum trying to join server - Phil and I are having issues joining
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:32:38 PM by Rolz »

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 07:12:28 PM »
Server's up. I've just jumped on to check it's OK.

Checksum Issue Wally

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal