Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R1: Imola post-race chat

Author Topic: S8R1: Imola post-race chat  (Read 37665 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S8R1: Imola post-race chat
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:29:13 PM »
RACE RESULTS AND CHARTS

SEASON STANDINGS

SEASON STATS

Penalties
Penalties are given for careless accidents in turns 1 and 2 of each race.
Race 1: JoshR (-4) for running into the rear of Joe (+4)

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    71
Matthew111    65
Jeremy    62
Marty    61
StanDaam    61
Rolz    60
Grat    53
Wally    48
Bacchulum    42
Gratulin    42
christopheraser    39
Skaife    38
Freezer    37
Joe    35
Bafs17    32
Grubbet    29
Phil.8    28
Rob    24
Phil    19
Simone    19
Chap111    16
Imperious    10
JoshR    5

Congratulations to Guybrush on the round win, and Guybrush and Marty on the race wins.

Season Podium
1. Guybrush Threepwood, 71 pts
2. Matthew111, 65 pts
3. Jeremy, 62 pts

Achilles Heels are in the lead in the teams' championship.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:19:09 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: S8R1: Imola post-race chat
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 10:41:16 PM »
Awesome fun! Ballast, hot track and 4x wear was tough.

Got a PB in practice so was stoked there  :)

Very happy with 3rd in race 1, but it came off the crash off Jeremy and Marty... thought my initial bump in the rear on the first corner was going to screw my car but it didn't seem to as I was pretty happy with the times.

6-7th in race 2... that was a mission with the ballast and all the usual extra wear etc loaded up, had a top tussle with Stan and Grat... was lots of fun for the first race of the season!

Also great to see such a full field! So many racers is awesome  ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 10:49:05 PM »
Thanks a lot to everybody. Was a very funny night.

As the new guy I suppose I should open the chat.

We had the car and the speed was there. It was our home race and our debut race: we wanted to make our supporters happy. We worked hard during the weekend and---despite pit-wall f***-ups---got home with few but precious points.

RACE 1: After a good qualifying session, unfortunately the pit-wall failed to make the right choice (forgot to switch back to mediums after quali). The first 4 or 5 laps were great and was holding in 3rd or 4th, but then the car started to be really loose. I wondered what was going on and by lap 7, when I had lost already 3 positions, I finally checked the leader-board.... it said S (for Stupid, I suppose). Opened tt and said 87%!!! Landed an 8th place with Wally gently helping me through the finish line.

RACE 2: In the second race instead the strategy was great. Mediums were working great and my last laps where in the low 48, while my direct contenders in the hard could rarely go below 49. Start was disastrous: lost 5 positions, I think. But then I got back to a promising 4th or 5th position (can't remember very well). Rolz behind me started to pay on the hards, while my mediums were pounding till lap 9. Unfortunately the pitstop was very slow. I have been told that the rear left was not getting out and they lost a lot of time fixing that. It happens. We have to work on that. I lost a position in pitlane and then rejoined behind Rolz, whose undercut was blessed by my slow pitstop. Rolz, Staan Daam and I went for a 5 or 6 laps battle, with me getting frustrated and (thanks to my joyful inexperience) getting the worst despite having the fastest car in the lot. A 7th place on debut is not too bad, but with 5th place so easily reachable, our supporters are understandably disappointed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:55:14 PM »
Fun racings tonight, had my regulation bad race and good race. Race 1 was shaping up to be a fun 4 way battle as it was clear Matthew and Jeremy went a very different way with setup then Guybrush and me yet similar laptimes. Unfortunately Jeremy got mesmerised by the side by side battle of GB and Matthew as we were both preparing to pounce on them he came in a little hot and hit me in the rear. I figured I may as well pit to fix damage and maybe try and work my way back a little then have a bit of help in race 2 ballast free.

Race 2 was fun but with less weight then all those around me I just tried to keep it on the black stuff and get around without pushing too hard. GB had some real god pace, Matthew and Jeremey went the meds vs our hards and it was going to be another fun battle, Matthew had an odd warp incident when Jeremey disappeared after t1 on lap 3 which was I think around the point where either GB or me also warped as we crossed the sf line. Luckily we were side by side so didn't warp into each other.

WIth the 75kg advantage over GB I didn't have to push too hard and was able to hold him off with a bit more power out of the slower corners, he had a couple good cracks during the race but I just stayed ahead. Then I saw Jeremey and GB both pit on lap 9 but I decided to stay out and try to get in a clean lap and hopefully hold the lead after the stop. It just worked out and I held off GB just into t1 as I exited the pits and we continued on pretty close for most of the race. Near the end I started to push a bit harder to break GB's spirits but he kept on there and I didn't think Id keep it on the black stuff at that pace so backed off a little trying to manage the small gap.

Lol Grat love the summary too.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 11:02:34 PM »
Results in 1st post!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 11:14:24 PM »
Race screenie...

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 11:15:40 PM »
Awesome fun! Ballast, hot track and 4x wear was tough.

Got a PB in practice so was stoked there  :)

Very happy with 3rd in race 1, but it came off the crash off Jeremy and Marty... thought my initial bump in the rear on the first corner was going to screw my car but it didn't seem to as I was pretty happy with the times.

6-7th in race 2... that was a mission with the ballast and all the usual extra wear etc loaded up, had a top tussle with Stan and Grat... was lots of fun for the first race of the season!

Also great to see such a full field! So many racers is awesome  ;D

Rolz: I propose a truce! Let's team up, stop fighting each other, and focus on keeping StanDaam behind ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 11:21:26 PM »
...Landed an 8th place with Wally gently helping me through the finish line.
Yes, that was funny. I had the draft behind you to the finish line, and guessed left, but guessed wrong, because suddenly your car was on the left too!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 11:27:49 PM »
My GX definitely felt unsettled and loose in the rear compared to practice earlier in the week. Maybe AC 1.2.3 sabotaged my setup. Nonetheless, in race 1 I managed to climb from 14th to 9th with some good racing with Freezer and Jeremy on the way.

Race 2 I went hards and a long (13 lap) stint, then finished on softs, which was doable for the final 4 laps. The softs helped me at least open up a gap from Bacchulum after my pit stop, but not enough to catch Chris. I had a stupid spin on lap 11 which cost me about 8 or 9 seconds. Maybe without that spin I would have finished 1 place higher up in front of Chris.

The race starts were pretty clean, only one incident, which was great to see in such a big field.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 11:42:45 PM »
Race 1 got the tap from behind in the first corner sending me off into last and damaging the car. Speed difference was pretty noticeable. Was able to catch up with a bit of a pack though and got some passes through others mistakes. Came through the second right hander after the downhill section and found 3 or 4 cars pretty much stopped, threaded my way through but ended up on the right side of the track going into the tight chicane. I braked late, but slowed enough to take the outside, but misjudged it and tapped somebody, I think Chris? My bad sorry.

Really enjoyed race 2, when you get into the zone on those longer races it's pretty awesome. I stayed consistent for the whole race and had a good battle with Bafs towards the end where I thought I was going to get him twice but couldn't quite make the pass (I think partially due to still being a bit hesitant due to worrying about taking people out), then he ran out of fuel on the home straight just before the line; bad luck dude!

I'm running the stock setup as I have no idea when it comes to setups, so if somebody could share one for the GX pleeeeeease. All 4 of my tyres were perfectly round right up until the end due to careful braking I didn't lock up once, but guess I'm probably slower than others :)

EDIT: According to the results I didn't get past Bafs as he ran out of fuel, I was pretty sure I made that place. You obviously calculated perfectly  ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:45:27 PM by Joe »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 07:33:55 AM »

EDIT: According to the results I didn't get past Bafs as he ran out of fuel, I was pretty sure I made that place. You obviously calculated perfectly  ;D
What happened with bafs at the end? Did he cross the line? He appears to have recorded a lap time and finished a fraction of a second ahead of you.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »

What happened with bafs at the end? Did he cross the line? He appears to have recorded a lap time and finished a fraction of a second ahead of you.

He ran out of fuel just before the finish line and I thought I beat him to the line. Seems I didn't quite make it. Fuel calculation level: ninja

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:39 AM »
LOL

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »
I was watching at the time and it did appear to me that Bafs was passed before the line due to running out of fuel.

Rolz

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 08:52:37 AM »
Rolz: I propose a truce! Let's team up, stop fighting each other, and focus on keeping StanDaam behind ;)

lol sure! Just old StanDaam is usually closer to the front... So it was most enjoyable to tussle for places with him.  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal