Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D

Author Topic: Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D  (Read 44539 times)

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
Re: Season 12 Sign Up Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 02:28:55 PM »
I really enjoyed racing last season with you all so count me in.

Offline Chap

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 05:05:34 PM »
yes please

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 07:40:50 PM »
Yes thanks  :D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 07:47:41 PM »
yish
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 10:54:30 PM »
I put up some schedule and format info in the first post.

Let me know your car choice.

I'll add more rules for completeness later, but they will be the same as always.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 12:18:26 AM »
I'll take a Ferrari thanks Wally. Are we going to do skins for this season?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 12:31:22 AM »
I'll take a Ferrari thanks Wally. Are we going to do skins for this season?

Sure, if people want custom skins, post here: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1488.0
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 12:52:31 AM »
Yis please. Lotus thanks Wally

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 06:54:35 AM »
I'm in . . . will update car choice in the next day.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 08:16:52 AM »
Wally just a suggestion, could we just have maybe a compulory tyre stop with a pit window instead of forced stops with fuel. That way people could stop at different points and maybe run hard tyres longer rather then just all stop mid race when fuel makes them do this. Or if there was no pit window then people could possibly stop just after lap 1 to fix damage and get tyres and maybe still stay in the race. Ai it is if someone gets damage lap 1 they may as well pull out of the race they would limp to pits stop and fix damage but then still need another stop so would lose about 1 minute in a 3l25 minute race.

PLP says when people change tyres so it would just make it much easier I think without the exaggerated fuel burn.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 10:20:42 AM »
Wally just a suggestion, could we just have maybe a compulory tyre stop with a pit window instead of forced stops with fuel. That way people could stop at different points and maybe run hard tyres longer rather then just all stop mid race when fuel makes them do this. Or if there was no pit window then people could possibly stop just after lap 1 to fix damage and get tyres and maybe still stay in the race. Ai it is if someone gets damage lap 1 they may as well pull out of the race they would limp to pits stop and fix damage but then still need another stop so would lose about 1 minute in a 3l25 minute race.

PLP says when people change tyres so it would just make it much easier I think without the exaggerated fuel burn.
The two cars have quite different fuel capacities. The Ferrari can nearly make it through the whole race on one tank,  but not quite. The Lotus can make it about 2/3 of the way. I think that gives people plenty of choice when they stop and gives them some different tyre options.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »
The main reason I suggested that is to give people a chance to make it one one early stop if needed to fix likely t1 damage. If you get rear ended then the car may be undriveable so the way it is people wont have any hope of a reasonable result losing the time on lap 1 and also needing a second stop for fuel. Its unlikely people would want to go the harder tyres wth 1 long stint as 2 shorter ones on soft would be best seeing as a stop is compulsory. But if your forced to an early stop for damage there really wont be much point continuing in the race being at the back early then also needing another stop later once you may have just started catching the back of the field again.

Also if the fuel usage is quite different wont that be more of a handicap for the car using more fuel. It will need to carry more and add more in the stop, seeing these cars are fairly evenly matched as is that could be enough to make the lotus lose out a bit more. Thats unless the only real difference is the size of the tank and not how much actual fuel they use.

Using the very high fuel multiplier also makes running longer stints worse as you carry more fuel and so are slower. Regular fuel burn gives options for different strategies the stop is forced anyway and can be a quite simple dq if no stop which should be enough incentive to ensure all stop for tyres or a minimum fuel add if you wanted to go that way.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:58:01 AM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »
We're all in the same boat...
Take it all into consideration when choosing a car.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 01:57:45 PM »
Why do you always suggest people think "can't win, give up" Marty? ???
If I'm way out the back, I hotlap and hope others have issues for 1 or 2 spots.
I never think "there really wont be much point continuing in the race", I just think "that's racing".

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 03:48:30 PM »
I think Marty only meant "have very little chances to get back to the main field, so I'll probably get a bit bored", not "can't win, give up", but I see your point.

Wally: is there any particular reason why you want the high fuel usage? I perfectly understand it and support it when we want to simulate series in which refuelling is a big part of the strategy. But for what I understand (http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/refueling.html) no refuelling during the race happened between 1957 and 1982 in F1. To be true, even changing tyres was extremely rare... (bar for punctures and stuff like that). But I am sure you have reasons. I am just curious...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal