Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 R3 - Hockenheimring - 26-01-2017

Author Topic: S7 R3 - Hockenheimring - 26-01-2017  (Read 25354 times)

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S7 R3 - Hockenheimring - 26-01-2017
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 01:06:42 PM »
Here's yet another dumb, newbie question.....
I've downloaded this track from the link in the first post, placed it into the correct folder but when I go to race online it won't allow me onto the server because I've not got the correct content.....what am I doing wrong?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »
I've downloaded this track from the link in the first post, placed it into the correct folder but when I go to race online it won't allow me onto the server because I've not got the correct content.....what am I doing wrong?

Should be all good as long as you dropped the folder from the zip into the tracks folder. The server is still passworded from last week, did you make sure the password was entered?

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 02:52:51 PM »

Should be all good as long as you dropped the folder from the zip into the tracks folder. The server is still passworded from last week, did you make sure the password was entered?
Also check in the content, that you do not have the "track" inside the "track"
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »
I have changed it to early morning light fog and I think it looks pretty good :)
It does, thanks Phil.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »
If I change the weather to cloudy on the server is that more appeasing to the eyes ?

Thanks Phil   8)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 08:46:39 PM »
Sorry guys (and gawaterman in particular), the powerboard where I have my wheel and a few other things plugged into seems to have just kicked the bucket.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 09:31:58 PM »
Sorry guys (and gawaterman in particular), the powerboard where I have my wheel and a few other things plugged into seems to have just kicked the bucket.
Bad luck AJ.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 09:59:19 PM »
Race 1 was great fun but fell down a mine-shaft in race 2    ???

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 10:16:21 PM »
Race 1 ended up a little lonely, after I missed various mishaps early on and then followed Seanus without being able to catch him.

The reverse grid race was a lot of fun. It was not easy chasing someone when you couldn't see your brake markers, such as they were.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 10:20:19 PM »
Too many spins for me tonight. As phil said the f40 with ballast is a bit of a handful. Still fun though.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 12:16:31 AM »
Sorry I had to go.. I did want to stay for the 2nd race but 10hrs sleep in 2 nights and alcohol at lunch wasn't doing me any favours.  The lighting affect was definitely dimmed. Annoying but not too bad, it did play havoc with my eyes though due to my tiredness. 

I was doing ok in race 1 until Imperious decided to use my car for brakes and lifted the rear of my car off the ground and shoveled me off the circuit in lap 1. He apologised & redressed the position. I eventually caught up to brad and my porsche was all over him in the tight corners of the track but the f40 grunt meant I couldn't stay with him on the fast areas without getting a decent exit stuck to his rear bumper on t1. I finally set that up and was slipstreaming him, we both caught up to Imperious, got around him and under brakes a bump sent my rear left tyre off the track and I lose grip and couldn't pull it up under brakes.. Was close to brad again by the last lap.  With the squinting from race 1 my eyes hurt so thought it best to retire.  Still enjoyed the race.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 08:47:17 AM »
I do not think I have ever raced at a circuit, that became so much easier, with practice, than this one. The braking points at the end of the two
high speed sections just became wider and wider.
Race one was happy with qual and had fun with Joe until he spun on about lap 6 I think, spent the rest of race in third place, way behind Wally,
still very happy with a podium though.
Race two reverse grid was very strange for me being third last and enjoyed working my way up to 7th.
I just love the sound of the other cars as I am being overtaken !! Really feel at home with the GT40 now,looking forward to next week.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »

Also check in the content, that you do not have the "track" inside the "track"

Thank so for the tips, turns out the problem was that the download link in the first post of this thread was not the track which was being raced and once I found another link to a different track a few posts further on, the problem fixed itself instantly.

Was nice to have a run around the back of the back as I was mindful that I was racing with 1 laps practice and  I didn't want to be the goose slamming into the field at the end of the long straight out I the middle of the forest, so I took the safely, slowly approach, which got me past 4 or 5 cars in the opening lap. Rather uneventful race, until I realised that I didn't have enough fuel and needed to pit and fell foul of the tracks bugs when it wouldn't let me put until I exited the game and rejoined.

Apologies for the glitch issues at the start of race two. For some reason when I Alt-tab out of Assetto to do something in windows and then go back the game develops some sort of massive lag which chews up huge amounts of processor speed and RAM space and the only way to fix this is a full reboot because if I exit the game, Steam doesn't seem to acknowledge this and thinks AC is still running. Even the Control-Alt-Del and task manager doesn't reset Steam....so I don't know how to resolve this. Knowing I'd be many laps down I thought I'd jump back so I could have a drive and learn some more about the game. I hope I didn't slow the leaders down too much as I tried to keep out of the way and lift down the straights.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »
Brad, try unticking the fullscreen option in the AC launcher's video settings. Then you can alt-tab in and out as you like. However, you might find changed vsync behaviour, if you rely on that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal