Xtreme Gaming Network

Got a spare android phone or tablet?

Author Topic: Got a spare android phone or tablet?  (Read 30700 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Got a spare android phone or tablet?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 09:01:50 PM »
Good stuff. I'd always liked the idea of having one but with no space for it the wife wouldn't be too happy.

I'd seen stuff like this before on this website:
https://www.opensimrigs.com/collections/wheel-display

They had this which is for the LCD screen I have:
https://www.opensimrigs.com/collections/wheel-display/products/sim-display-enclosure

Was tempted to order one but not at that cost + shipping.
so, doing a lot of unsuccessful web searching for print designs of the OSR and the raspberry ebay case, I've come up with something....maybe. If I could get the exact dimensions of the front panel (and if you need the little cut outs) I could extend a bracket from it to screw into the wheel base. maybe add a curve to the top, leave an opening for the shift lights or whatever. so long as you're happy with the current position though

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 08:38:41 AM »
There are some clever guys around here...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 08:50:27 AM »
concept only. 3d file to view in windows 3d builder

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »
Nice. I think with the ebay case the screen sits in those little notches I can't remember 100% now. It has a port on the back for when using with a Pi which is why the OSR one is so deep. I assume it has the two plates as the backplate holds it all in.

The LEDS on the CSL Elite base are pointless, can't see them with either rim I have  ;D I did read there was going to be a firmware update to disable them but haven't seen it.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2018, 02:04:40 PM »
+1
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
+1
I don't see any, and I've been looking in the mirror all morning. ::)

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2018, 02:37:01 PM »
Nice. I think with the ebay case the screen sits in those little notches I can't remember 100% now. It has a port on the back for when using with a Pi which is why the OSR one is so deep. I assume it has the two plates as the backplate holds it all in.

The LEDS on the CSL Elite base are pointless, can't see them with either rim I have  ;D I did read there was going to be a firmware update to disable them but haven't seen it.
I was thinking this plate would replace the one you have carbon wrapped. The rest of the pi box you have would remain the same and basically sit in the same position it is currently, only it would be bolted to the wheel base through the new plate. How do have it mounted now, double side tape? Only going by the pictures you posted...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »

I was thinking this plate would replace the one you have carbon wrapped. The rest of the pi box you have would remain the same and basically sit in the same position it is currently, only it would be bolted to the wheel base through the new plate. How do have it mounted now, double side tape? Only going by the pictures you posted...

Ah gotcha! Using Velcro at the moment.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2018, 01:29:38 PM »

hey, if you're still using sim hub, a good dash here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jrt-dashboard-for-simhub.20658/

Ah gotcha! Using Velcro at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal