Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R4: Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R4: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 27687 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S15R4: Spa Post-Race Chat
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:38:09 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

In race 1, Grat had gone off the track to the left at Eau Rouge, and as he re-entered, he continued to move slightly to the right, where Diehard was passing at speed, also moving slightly left to get out from behind Joe, and they hit side by side. I think that was just an unfortunate accident, with neither car seeing the other to the side. Grat bounced off the barrier and got airborne, which caused the pileup.

In race 2, RussG ran into the back of Simone, causing him to lose 2 spots, so gets 60kg penalty ballast for the next round.

Round Points
Phil.8   65
Diehard   62
Joe   57
Mael   57
RussG   54
Wally   54
ab156   52
nith   48
Bafs17   46
Grat   45
Simone   44
Bacchulum   41
Keith   40
Freezer   38
Rob   38
Doobs   36
Chap111   33
Shameless   32
Dave O   30
Vipergod   26
Seanus   24
AJ   17

Congratulations on Phil.8 for the two poles, Diehard and Grat for the race wins, and Phil.8 for the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 190
2. Diehard, 179 (up from 3rd)
3. Grat, 167 (down from 2nd)

Team Podium
1. Krahl Racing (Phil.8 and Joe), 318
1. DA Racing (Grat and Wally), 302
2. KNR Racing (RussG and Keith), 266

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:58:17 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline nith

• View Profile
Re: S15R4: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 10:29:57 PM »
Not sure what happened in the first race. Lots of carnage in front of me. Spun twice in the race. Finished 7th

Race 2 i had a good start. Up to p5. PC froze 3 times. Ended up 12th

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:30:08 PM »
Good night for me again. Qualified 3rd and got a good start off the line. Didn't expect diehard up the inside through eu rouge after wally saying not to go side by side on lap 1 but I saw him and downshifted, tried to hug the inside and we had a very slight touch which looked like it sent him off the track? Sorry of my fault but pretty sure I gave enough room.

After that i made a bit of a gap from diehard and mael but was never gonna be the 6 seconds handicap i had in the pits. They pitted behind me but got away first due to the handicap.

I came out behind Rob and in trying to get past nith also slipped past me and we had a battle for a couple of laps before I gave him a tiny tap coming out of the final turn. Looked like he got away clean but I spun allowing phil past after his spin before my stop. A few laps later I caught nith then he spun all on his own giving me 4th.

Race 2 i started 17th. My other faster laps must have been cuts and i didnt notice. I couldnt see my plp app tonight so will try and find it.. I had an awesome race with many good battles and somehow even with a 3 second handicap i finished 5th! A good little battle with wally at the end. Given another lap i think I'd have got you ;)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:40:10 PM »
That's probably all I should say Wally after race 1. But I think this needs to be said.

We all get pissed off when other drivers take us out of the race because they've lost control of their cars, most of us have been in this situation.  I am constantly seeing more and more cars that can be controlled not being so.  I came up to the top of the hill where the accident happened. I was on the left side of the track and I braked and geared down safely. I then drove to the opposite side to avoid it, only to be taken out by either 1 or 2 cars rolling backwards from the opposite side of the track and into me nearly destroying my car. Pushing my car into the wall. I had a cracked windscreen, front, left and rear damage.  I do believe this kind of accident CAN be avoided if people learnt to control their cars and think about the other cars on the track. Most often than not I am seeing cars that could have braked after impact and stayed still rather than rolling back across the track and into other cars.  I have been caught in an accident several times now where cars have been rolling back onto the track without a care in the world, no attempt to steer the car or brake.

These cars don't have a clutch and don't behave like the typical race car we are used to that we can just rev and spin and take off. They have to take off slowly until it's safe to gain speed.

No one seems to really care about this until it happens to them.  I use a joystick and I have relatively good car control and awareness. There are times when we are all passengers but this time it was not the case.

For race 1 I heard Wally ask about a restart so I pulled over and the rest of the field pass me only to find out it wasn't going to happen, it should have. I spent 10 laps with a car 3 seconds slower than it should have been and for some reason it would not find the pits, I was tired, hot and extremely annoyed. I had sound issues that cut off teamspeak, my game sounds thankfully came back. so I parked it with 2 laps to go.

race 2 I went from 19th to 12th in the first lap and I think I made it to 9th only to drop to 19th when I pitted and worked my way back to 14th with Rob I think was closing in on me.

I can only hope people can learn from their mistakes and improve their car control and awareness, because just being fast isn't good enough.

I think sprint race is giving drivers the wrong mentality, I'd rather have a races that are 25-35 laps as people seem to value their cars a little more.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 10:43:45 PM »
Didn't expect diehard
I think you meant me. Anyway: no touch with you. Our lines through Radillon were going to cross, so I bailed out and cut the last kink---at that point it seemed the only safe thing to do. But when I got back in position behind you, Diehard and I did not judge the distances well (almost completely my fault, sorry guys) and we touched and I spun to the wall first and through the rest of the field afterward. My car was completely destroyed, but the replay was quite spectacular...

As I said: apologies to everybody. All I can say is that I really tried the whole time to do the safest thing. I just should have staid more to the left at the end of it all and nothing would have happened. Sorry.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 10:48:45 PM »
Ah must have been you grat. I thought i saw you get a poor start on helicorsa with diehard getting through but perhaps not.

Also being my birthday today I'm a little disappointed people didn't let me win both races...

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »
That's probably all I should say Wally after race 1. But I think this needs to be said.

We all get pissed off when other drivers take us out of the race because they've lost control of their cars, most of us have been in this situation.  I am constantly seeing more and more cars that can be controlled not being so.  I came up to the top of the hill where the accident happened. I was on the left side of the track and I braked and geared down safely. I then drove to the opposite side to avoid it, only to be taken out by either 1 or 2 cars rolling backwards from the opposite side of the track and into me nearly destroying my car. Pushing my car into the wall. I had a cracked windscreen, front, left and rear damage.  I do believe this kind of accident CAN be avoided if people learnt to control their cars and think about the other cars on the track. Most often than not I am seeing cars that could have braked after impact and stayed still rather than rolling back across the track and into other cars.  I have been caught in an accident several times now where cars have been rolling back onto the track without a care in the world, no attempt to steer the car or brake.

These cars don't have a clutch and don't behave like the typical race car we are used to that we can just rev and spin and take off. They have to take off slowly until it's safe to gain speed.

No one seems to really care about this until it happens to them.  I use a joystick and I have relatively good car control and awareness. There are times when we are all passengers but this time it was not the case.

For race 1 I heard Wally ask about a restart so I pulled over and the rest of the field pass me only to find out it wasn't going to happen, it should have. I spent 10 laps with a car 3 seconds slower than it should have been and for some reason it would not find the pits, I was tired, hot and extremely annoyed. I had sound issues that cut off teamspeak, my game sounds thankfully came back. so I parked it with 2 laps to go.

race 2 I went from 19th to 12th in the first lap and I think I made it to 9th only to drop to 19th when I pitted and worked my way back to 14th with Rob I think was closing in on me.

I can only hope people can learn from their mistakes and improve their car control and awareness, because just being fast isn't good enough.

I think sprint race is giving drivers the wrong mentality, I'd rather have a races that are 25-35 laps as people seem to value their cars a little more.
Shameless: I read your post twice and I am still not sure who you are criticizing. Maybe me, but in my case there was no car control issue, nor anything I could do whatsoever after the first touch with Diehard. Maybe others behind me and you---yes, I am sure we can all be more careful, but there is going to be some situation like this any now and then.

As for the restart: I don't know,... I don't mind too much. It was boring to be 2 minutes down, but it is the price you pay for a lap 1 crash. It happens in real life, it happens here. I don't think Wally is doing anything wrong there.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:51:10 PM »
Ah must have been you grat. I thought i saw you get a poor start on helicorsa with diehard getting through but perhaps not.

Also being my birthday today I'm a little disappointed people didn't let me win both races...
I had a bad start (went to 2nd gear) and that's why you passed me. But then your exit from La Source was... ehm, well,... a bit pathetic, so I ended up on your left at eau rouge and I just tried to avoid crashing with you... but then I ended up touching with him :(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 10:53:18 PM »

I had a bad start (went to 2nd gear) and that's why you passed me. But then your exit from La Source was... ehm, well,... a bit pathetic, so I ended up on your left at eau rouge and I just tried to avoid crashing with you... but then I ended up touching with him :(

Pathetic how? Did i drift infront of you? I know it was a slow exit as was trying to keep to my side of the track being the inside.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 10:54:43 PM »

Pathetic how? Did i drift infront of you? I know it was a slow exit as was trying to keep to my side of the track being the inside.
Joe: I was just joking. I meant it was slower then mine :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 10:56:31 PM »
Didn't expect diehard
I think you meant me.

Yeah Diehard was not at fault, just extremely lucky not to have a massive accident!

Race 1 was good for me, helped by no means by all the accidents (many thanks Grat will send cigars). Car was fast, easy to drive and pit stops went well.

Race 2 was not so good  :(. It started well with a lucky move to get by Diehard. Then it all went wrong in the pit-stop. Parked in the box expecting to see a counter but nothing happened. Literally nothing happenend, pitconfig did not work and AC selections did not work. I ended up reversing and starting the process from scratch. From there a fun race with RussG in particular, sorry if I almost took you out a couple of times RussG  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 10:58:01 PM »

Hah yes. Just trying to keep to the inside as much as i could :) on another note I beat your pb on the practise server last night ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 10:58:42 PM »
Results in 1st post!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 11:00:05 PM »

Hah yes. Just trying to keep to the inside as much as i could :) on another note I beat your pb on the practise server last night ;)
Duly noticed earlier this afternoon ;) (though I must say I did not check the grip ;)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 11:06:42 PM »

Shameless: I read your post twice and I am still not sure who you are criticizing. Maybe me, but in my case there was no car control issue, nor anything I could do whatsoever after the first touch with Diehard. Maybe others behind me and you---yes, I am sure we can all be more careful, but there is going to be some situation like this any now and then.

As for the restart: I don't know,... I don't mind too much. It was boring to be 2 minutes down, but it is the price you pay for a lap 1 crash. It happens in real life, it happens here. I don't think Wally is doing anything wrong there.

I'm not pointing fingers really at anyone, it was more of a general quality of racing.  And sorry 2 cars rolling backwards across a track from one side to the other could have braked. I honestly see no excuse for a car to roll anywhere if there is no brake failure, it's pure driver error. Accidents happen, it's what's happening directly after that is the main issue. Even when people spin of their own accord when there are cars coming at them fast. It's making the racing less safer than it should be if people were more aware of what's coming. Are people still not using a track map or something?
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal