Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R2: Blackwood Post-Race

Author Topic: S21R2: Blackwood Post-Race  (Read 12557 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R2: Blackwood Post-Race
« on: March 06, 2018, 06:20:09 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Matthew111   200
Phil.8   178
Jeremy   163
Grat   158
Shayne   137
ab156   123
Keith   109
Wally   80
RussG   79
Joe   74
Phil   28
Bacchulum   25
Gratulin   20
Freezer   17
Mael   13
Dave O   12
Shameless   10
Dr.Dinkum   8
JamieP   6

Congratulations to Matthew.111 on pole and the two race wins. Phil.8 was 0.250 seconds away from winning race 2!

Penalties
None. Great opening laps.

Season Podium
1. Grat + Matthew.111, 200 pts
2. Phil.8, 178
3. Jeremy, 163

Matthew's great round result sees him tied with Grat on top of the standings, with one round win apiece. Other big movers up the leaderboard are ab156 (+4), Keith (+5) and Joe (+6).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:50:05 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: S21R2: Blackwood Post-Race
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 10:25:37 PM »
surprised to grab pole i wasnt overly happy with the car, i got to a point where it was ok but not great but obviously everyone is in the same boat so it must not be bad.

Race 1 got a good jump and gap after lap 1 so i could focus on building a gap to grat, was fairly consistent and got it to 7 secs in the end with the tyres starting to feel sketchy so backed off a bit.

Race 2 was a great race with phil on my tail the whole way, i noticed it was a lot easier this race to excite the left rear tyre maybe due to the 63kg or extra heat, so had to manage that a little bit which was tricky with the pace needed to keep phil at bay lol, had a lag issue unfortunately near the end of the race where phil vanished from my screen, he said he hit me in the warp but i didnt feel anything so was a bit weird probably my connection doing that. Still a good pressure race, but being a hard place to pass i knew as long as i kept it straight i should be ok lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 10:52:17 PM »
Had a great race one battle with Shayne, really fun and only ended when telstra bailed on me.

For race 2 Bacchulum's car acted all magnetic again, Had to concentrate so hard not to hit him that neither Freezer or me got by him. Shout out for Phil also, good last few laps  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »
I had a couple of fairly similar races, both very exciting in places, and clean - no mistakes or offs. The car felt quite good around here - e.g. I could take the start/finish hill flat, whereas I heard others say they had to lift there.

In race 1 the early highlight was a nice tight battle with Joe and Russ, with some door banging, and several position changes with Russ as he made the inside pass stick, but I hung out wide to come back for the criss-cross. We did that several times in some great racing, until Russ overcooked the inside of T1 and went straight ahead, letting me pass and get away. From there it was hunting Joe to the end, unable to close the gap but keeping him in sight.

Race 2 started similarly to race 1, but this time I was side by side with Dr. Dinkum for the opening stages. He eventually came in a bit hot and hit my car from the inside corner, which unsetlled him a lot more than it did me, so that let me get away. Then for a long time I was alone between Keith and Bacchulum, until Keith caught up to the Joe/Russ/ab156 pack and Joe started making mistakes. Then Russ had a mistake somewhere, and he and I battled it out closely to the end with less than 0.5 seconds separating us at the end.

A very good couple of races.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 11:29:18 PM »
Hey Wally,
Regarding the timing issue I mentioned from R1.  I actually finished behind RussG in 11th, but the results show me in 16th.
Additionally I then started R2 in 16th rather than 11th so got a second penalty there....!
I did the drive though from 8th or 9th and joined back onto the tail of the pack, so definitely no lap lost or anything.

Re the racing.  Hard battle with Bacchulum in R2, both Mael and I had goes at him but he didn't falter.  I think I only got one decent shot
under brakes and got so excited I missed my brake marker and stuffed it... :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 07:42:38 AM »
Hey Wally,
Regarding the timing issue I mentioned from R1.  I actually finished behind RussG in 11th, but the results show me in 16th.
Additionally I then started R2 in 16th rather than 11th so got a second penalty there....!
I did the drive though from 8th or 9th and joined back onto the tail of the pack, so definitely no lap lost or anything.

Re the racing.  Hard battle with Bacchulum in R2, both Mael and I had goes at him but he didn't falter.  I think I only got one decent shot
Thanks, I'll adjust accordingly.

Offline Dr_Dinkum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 07:12:11 PM »
Yeah sorry about the bump wally, youre right I was coming in too hot. And fortunately it was only me who paid the price.

After a break it's great to get back into the racing, despite the slow pace as usual. Happy to be out there though and making up the numbers ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 07:30:28 PM »
I think my chronic handling issues messed up yourself and Mael a bit.
Instead of my minimum corner speed being at the apex it was more or less at turn in.
I simply can't get this thing to turn unless I'm on the power.
Thanks to both of you for being skillful enough to not let me cause a wreck. :-[

For race 2 Bacchulum's car acted all magnetic again
Uuummm, carbon fibre is non-ferrous. ;) ;D :P

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »
Hey Wally,
In the server log, I can see that you dropped a lap somehow, and I can see your total race time and that you should have finished 11th. I've adjusted the points accordingly, giving you 29 points for race 1. As it turns out, this is your dropped round anyway so far, so it doesn't change your standings right now, but the points are correct for the future if another round becomes your worst round and this one counts.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 08:32:03 PM »
I think my chronic handling issues messed up yourself and Mael a bit.
Instead of my minimum corner speed being at the apex it was more or less at turn in.
I simply can't get this thing to turn unless I'm on the power.
Thanks to both of you for being skillful enough to not let me cause a wreck. :-[
Yes into the corners was were I was catching you just couldn't do anything with it !
p.s. I did nearly rear end you once or twice  ;D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 08:33:19 PM »
Hey Wally,
In the server log, I can see that you dropped a lap somehow, and I can see your total race time and that you should have finished 11th. I've adjusted the points accordingly, giving you 29 points for race 1. As it turns out, this is your dropped round anyway so far, so it doesn't change your standings right now, but the points are correct for the future if another round becomes your worst round and this one counts.
Next week will be my dropped round as I am away!  But thanks Wally.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »
Had a horrible night this round. No balance, no feel, no consistency and no grip. Going to play with the FFB settings this weekend and see if I can get some sort of feel from the wheel.

I thought I had a reasonable setup but after a few laps I just couldn't get it to turn into a corner and was braking about 20M before everyone around me to get it to pull up for the corners. If i managed to hit a bump anywhere in the corner, and theyre pretty hard to miss here, it wanted to swap ends on me. The final straw for me was in race 2 where a light glance turned me 90 degrees into the wall. Thought it best to not ruin anyones night and just exit the game.

Onto a better display next round I guess. Couldn't possibly be worse could it

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »
Had a horrible night this round. No balance, no feel, no consistency and no grip. Going to play with the FFB settings this weekend and see if I can get some sort of feel from the wheel.

I thought I had a reasonable setup but after a few laps I just couldn't get it to turn into a corner and was braking about 20M before everyone around me to get it to pull up for the corners. If i managed to hit a bump anywhere in the corner, and theyre pretty hard to miss here, it wanted to swap ends on me. The final straw for me was in race 2 where a light glance turned me 90 degrees into the wall. Thought it best to not ruin anyones night and just exit the game.

Onto a better display next round I guess. Couldn't possibly be worse could it
My ARBs were 4/1, and took some camber off front and back. TC was 4. See if that makes any difference.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 09:00:01 AM »
I had a difficult night. I couldn't understand why it felt weird and I was unable to get near my practise pace. I was blaming it on the lower grip level.
Then 3 laps from the end of race 2 I noticed that the onscreen wheel was turning a lot more than the real wheel :o ??? >:( Then I made the bad decision to try and adjust it on the wheel menu. While fumbling around I let Keith through and then had Wally right up my clacker again. At least I managed to hold Wally off to the flag  ;D ;D

As for the racing, it was fantastic. I had great battles with Wally and Joe with passing and repassing and side by side stuff  ;D ;D At other times there was some good pressure driving, sometimes from a car behind and other times trying to pressure the car in front.

On to Misano  :)
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 06:36:00 PM »

My ARBs were 4/1, and took some camber off front and back. TC was 4. See if that makes any difference.

My setup was actually very similar and played with the traction control quite a bit and seemed to make little to no difference. I have researched my T300RS a bit in the last few days and lack of useful feedback seems to be a common complaint with quite a few of the cars in AC. I have seen a few people post their settings so will give them a go and see what happens. It couldn't be worse, I'd have been better off running a controller compared to how it was last week.

I have just acquired a track car which will be in my shed in a couple of weeks so that may take up some practice time that I dont get anyway :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal