Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 16 Poll

Poll

What car do you want to drive in season 16?

Carrera Cup - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
17 (40.5%)
Supercar Cup (Porsche, Nissan, Ferrari, RUF, McLaren, Lambo)
12 (28.6%)
Mazda MX5 Cup
13 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Season 16 Poll  (Read 47971 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 16 Poll
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2017, 07:23:46 PM »
I think this forum's software can be set to a % of browser width, and that would be ideal. The problem with zoom is the attached pictures still need to be scrolled if they are over about 960px wide.
I will take a look at the forum settings (some time).

I had a quick look yesterday. There is one line of css for the wrapper width which when I adjusted with dev tools seemed fine for all the pages I tried.

/* over 1600 screens - newer desktops */
@media only screen and (min-width: 1200px) {
   #wrapper { width: 1200px; margin: auto; }
}
Hey Joe, what did you change this to? I found where you can configure this style for the forum.

I tried it all the way up to 1900px but I'm on a 4k laptop. I tried the homepage and forums listings and seemed everything else scaled okay.

You could just try putting 90% which will fill most of the width for whatever screen size. I think there was a media query for lower res in that CSS which will take over when it gets lower so mobile should remain the same.

I changed the CSS - let me know how it looks.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »
Saw Metallica on their 'Black Tour' and the 'St Anger Tour' (luckily they only played 1 song off St Anger ;) )
I saw them on their Master of Puppets tour!
I didn't think they came here until ....and Justice For All?
Yes, that was the one.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2017, 08:17:26 PM »
Saw Metallica on their 'Black Tour' and the 'St Anger Tour' (luckily they only played 1 song off St Anger ;) )
I saw them on their Master of Puppets tour!
I didn't think they came here until ....and Justice For All?
Yes, that was the one.
Was starting to think I had Alzheimer's.... :o 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »
I think this forum's software can be set to a % of browser width, and that would be ideal. The problem with zoom is the attached pictures still need to be scrolled if they are over about 960px wide.
I will take a look at the forum settings (some time).

I had a quick look yesterday. There is one line of css for the wrapper width which when I adjusted with dev tools seemed fine for all the pages I tried.

/* over 1600 screens - newer desktops */
@media only screen and (min-width: 1200px) {
   #wrapper { width: 1200px; margin: auto; }
}
Hey Joe, what did you change this to? I found where you can configure this style for the forum.

I tried it all the way up to 1900px but I'm on a 4k laptop. I tried the homepage and forums listings and seemed everything else scaled okay.

You could just try putting 90% which will fill most of the width for whatever screen size. I think there was a media query for lower res in that CSS which will take over when it gets lower so mobile should remain the same.

I changed the CSS - let me know how it looks.

Looks okay from here. Needed to do a CTRL+F5 to overwrite cached CSS.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »
As per Marty's suggestion, I have added the Lamborghini Gallardo SL to the supercar mix.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2017, 08:11:50 PM »
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

wally...............you need a holiday

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

wally...............you need a holiday
What, doesn't that quote please you????

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2017, 09:49:03 PM »
it did please me a lot mate,but the thing i loved is that is there for a reason,and the reason is that ,probably,,,,probably you r sick and tired of ppl whinging to ya.

But thats the way we like ,we like to know that wally is a wonderful person,caring,dedicated to xgn,to the racing group,always there to put a patch here and there to help others.

...Wally....i loved your signature cause it reveals me that you are a human being.........you r having a gutful of xgn !!!!......Wally    you human!!!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2017, 10:48:24 PM »
LOL Simone. Have another grappa for me :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2017, 10:57:11 PM »
As per Marty's suggestion, I have added the Lamborghini Gallardo SL to the supercar mix.

Thanks Wally sorry for being a pain in the arse about it though lol, id call it jet lag this time but other times I dont know maybe that time of the month or something.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2017, 08:06:24 AM »

Thanks Wally sorry for being a pain in the arse about it though lol, id call it jet lag this time but other times I dont know maybe that time of the month or something.  ;D
No worries Marty. You wouldn't be you otherwise ;)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »
LOL Simone. Have another grappa for me :)

.....ahahahahaa i was sipping sambuca  (true)

sambuca molinari,my father used to sip it...i sip it

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2017, 12:00:52 PM »

.....ahahahahaa i was sipping sambuca  (true)

sambuca molinari,my father used to sip it...i sip it
Is this you sipping.  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »

When you give in to your kids after they've nagged on and on it just makes them learn that next time all they have to do to get their way is keep going until you cave.... Thought you'd know this Wally  ;D ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »

When you give in to your kids after they've nagged on and on it just makes them learn that next time all they have to do to get their way is keep going until you cave.... Thought you'd know this Wally  ;D ;D
The Kids arent always wrong though and I dont think Wally is my dad in any case, If this league was run as a true dictatorship then we wouldn't be allowed to post here and there would never be car polls etc. I think giving other people some input and having open discussion about such topics isnt a bad thing, for those that dont really agree maybe they should look into moving to North Korea where if you have even a basic question to the leadership they will simply take into account how many bullets they will waste on your firing quad appointment for even daring to have a non standardized view.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal