Xtreme Gaming Network

Best Processor for Gaming? Intel i7 6700k vs Intel i7 5820k vs Intel i5 6600k

Author Topic: Best Processor for Gaming? Intel i7 6700k vs Intel i7 5820k vs Intel i5 6600k  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile

( Don't use youtube tags, they'll only work with flash - which, let's be honest, should be removed from all computers by now :) )
(bird)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:12:13 PM by Bird »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
I wonder if the increase in transistors (?) that have been discussed in the new gen of graphics cards will also flow on to CPU's?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
I wonder if the increase in transistors (?) that have been discussed in the new gen of graphics cards will also flow on to CPU's?

I think currently that's the only path remaining, they can't shrink any further and they can't increase the clock much either...

Offline grat

• View Profile

I think currently that's the only path remaining, they can't shrink any further and they can't increase the clock much either...
A couple of years ago, the Physics guys at UNSW made a single atom current switch prototype. That is a big "shrinking". The problem is that they could control it only below 1 degree Kelvin or something like that... not exactly the typical living room temperature.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
I think the next significant step will be quantum computers ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
But don't they need the super conductive conditions (single digit K) to operate?
Carbon nanotubes can control single electrons. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
But don't they need the super conductive conditions (single digit K) to operate?
That's not a problem. They could just operate servers in the data centers and we could rent processing power. Then just connect in via our nationwide gigabit NBN fiber.....errrr....

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
That's not a problem. They could just operate servers in the data centers and we could rent processing power. Then just connect in via our nationwide gigabit NBN fiber.....errrr....
Well I'm alright...

Now.

2+2=√16

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
I went with the 6700k and a hybrid cooler, cheers for sharing the vid, all helped in my final argument.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal