Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 317692 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Racer Introductions
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
If you'd like to, use this thread to introduce yourself and say hello to your fellow racers, since there are many new names here.

I'll start off: I'm Wally, 50 years old, married with two adult kids, in Adelaide. I work in IT as a developer. I've been running the netKar PRO league here at XGN since 2011 (which is now winding up since we're moving to AC), and have been sim racing online with some of the guys here since GT Legends came out, since 2006/7-ish. Here at XGN, I've raced GT Legends, rFactor and Race07, as well as spending some time with other leagues.

Every now and then I crack out a bit of rFactor2, which shows promise, but have given up on Project Cars.

Edit: Reading Guybush's intro made me think to add I like watching the British Touring Cars (love the elbows out, panel rubbing style), V8 supercars and the WRC. And the occasional F1 race.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:28:52 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:36 PM »
Well, the dilemma for me is whether to introduce myself as my real name, my nickname, my gaming alias or what I want to be called.  So I'll do all of them - Justin, Juz, Guybrush, and... Hyper Igniter Machismo Love Machine  :P

31, girlfriend + son.  Manage a disability employment program covering pretty much everywhere north and west of Melbourne to the Victorian border.  Haven't done much online racing - dabbled with rFactor and the V8 mod years ago which was fun but then went on hiatus before building a PC about 18 months ago just in time for the release of AC...   ::)

Religiously watch F1 and play cricket.  Loving Dan Ricciardo this year!

Look forward to racing everyone and I hope to race hard but clean - if I can keep up!

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:57:14 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:17:54 PM »
Steve, 42, wife + one 2.5yo daughter.  Been racing online since LFS1.  IT developer & business owner.  I've had the pleasure to run the XGN GTL league on and off (great times!).  But I don't have the time nor the inclination to do that any more; I just enjoy the friendly atmosphere here and help out with administration. 

I'm from Hungary originally, if anyone is wondering about the heavy accent.  I came to here too late to learn the language properly, so I'm still learning.  This maybe one reason I hate those who trash it on forums too much.  :)  And I'm getting grumpy with age, no denying it.

I think I've driven/raced nearly every sim that came out earlier (even bought GPL retro), lately I'm not so keen; eg I'm not buying into simbin titles anymore, they don't seem to improve, and while I've bought rF2 & CARS, and I find them all right, I don't think I'll need anything besides AC for a good while .

I don't watch too much racing nowadays.  I don't like F1.  The problem with V8 is that every time I switch on Lowndes loses a race (even if he was going well before in the season) plus the races are too long.  I like speedweek for the club-like atmosphere, but their camera and reporter work can be shocking sometimes.  And the occasional "other" - like European touring car sprint races. Those are sweet & short.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:07 AM »
G'day from Gleno  ;D

40 years old, married with 3 kids, 12 and 10 Y/O girls :o my wife and I decided to relive our youth and have a little boy  ;) now 17 months. Was a trade teacher now a stay at home dad with my young fella. Started sim racing here at XGN in Gtl half way through season 1 with Speed and YSU (Bird) running the show, I still remember the nerves of that first race. A lot of fun times have been had here at XGN just about covering every decent car sim possible, with a great bunch of people that have been here for such a long time I have made some good friends, some I have met in real life and others I will hopefully meet one day that are interstate.

I loosely follow F1 now as this combines cutting edge technology and motor sport, while some find it boring, I find it fascinating. Dan is an amazing driver  ;) I do a bit of club level sprint days with my daily when time permits which I also thoroughly enjoy. Although most of my time is now consumed with my family I still get a bit of time to sim race but no where near the dedication to practise I used to do to be in the top 10.

Really looking forward to this sim in particular as the cars and tires respond very well to slight set up changes. I enjoy putting together a good stable set up more so then the thrill of the race itself.

Looking forward to Wally's idea's for season one already always endeavouring to keep a close field.

Cheers

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 07:37:47 PM »
Howdy
I'm Dion AKA Vipergod, 45, married to Christine. We have twin boys aged 10.
Started out on GPL @ ARSE when still at RSC, Rob got me here and i love the casual to semi serious racing.
Love motor sport full stop (except v8 supercars....boring.......)
I do some racing in real life in the dirt and was an instructor @ ''xtreme driving vic'' till it folded

OH and also play Americas Army 2 & 4 online 

Rolz

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
Hi Rolz here  :)

Brissy lad, am 39, have fiance who puts up with me being a big kid and am an IT Team Lead by day... been a gamer since doom2 (it got me into IT actually), but dropped off the scene for a few years... Have a Toyota MR2 (SW20) that I've poured too much money into over the years, racing track is really a bit far to drive to these days and I just don't have the points to yahoo it any more... errr plus I'm older and more sensible now... that right  :P So I've always had a decent PC for FPS, but saw Assetto Corsa, bought a G27, a third monitor and now I'm hooked...  :D

I'll try to keep out of the way of all you speed demons, but keen to race and it doesn't cost me breaking real parts (unless PC overheats).

Look forward to seeing you all online!

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 09:30:31 AM »
Hey guys my real names Craig. I'm 23 from Perth and currently finishing a Bachelor of commerce majoring in Finance. Other than that I work part time with a bank and a small business and donate some time to various charities.
I've really only simraced in iRacing briefly, never got too far due to lack of commitment. When I found out AC MP was coming I built a racing seat with adjustable chair and pedals (based round a G27) which now sits alongside my PC desk.
Other than that I daily drive my VX commodore, but have an '87 e30 325i that I am in the process of fixing up - next is the driveshaft centre support bearing - after that it should be sweet. I do all the work to these cars myself.
I enjoy watching the V8's because they don't take themselves too seriously. F1 is good in small doses.
Seeyou on the track (no doubt in your rearview mirror)!

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »
Bruce.

aka Flattop & Lemmy Caution, 61 and a Melbourne lad for most of my life, my wife of 40 years still understands and thankfully, incourages 'big kids' and their interests :)
I am working in IT as QA/BA for an Australian online realestate site.
Denise and I have 2 daughters and their families have provided 4 grandchildren 1 @.5, 2@2 and 1 @ 4.  The children give us great pleasure and time is precious now.
I had the good fortune to find XGN in season 2 of GT Legends run by Ysu and have been hooked on sim racing ever since. As Glen said, I too have enjoyed good company here and had the pleasure of meeting a few out in reality.
I have always been a car nut owned a few cars over the years, being a mechanic allowed me to.  Still have a few 'tin tops', some big some small, all fun to drive.
Found swimming again as other sports had 'negatives' and like to make the young ones in the squad work!
You may have noticed, music is a passion, hence my involvemnt with PBSfm 106.7 and the link I have annually in my sig http://www.pbsfm.org.au, can't play a note, but Denise and I can 'cut a rug'.
Looking forward to AC and in Wally's hands et el, it will be fantastic!

ps Cruising in the 63 Marauder S55, this weekend.
pps I have raced at other forums from time to time, most good, some okay, but never left XGN, XGN is great!  :-*
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:26:33 PM by Flattop »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline jestronix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 07:12:24 PM »
Hi Guys,

My real name is Jesse from Brisbane, 38, Girfriend no kids, but 24 pets !! I work in the wonderful world of IT as a sysadmin / network admin (nerd min) for the last 10 years.  Enjoy golf, reefkeeping and gambling bitcoins and blow.

Got into Indy car on my old amiga back in the early 90s and was hooked.  Then played lots of gran turismo and then onto rfactor, netkar, lfs.

Online racing has really picked up over the last 5 years or so and the level of skill has jumped right up, i used to enjoy pole positions and many race wins, now im happy if i qualify and finish up in the top 10.

Raced one season on here last year, fantastic race environment, well organized by Wally, everyone's helpful no massive egos flying about.

My aim, keep up with Wally lol,  my problems, i cut and run wide a bit, pull me up on it if you see me doing this!  if your faster Ill always let ya through no use taking two out of the race for holding a position.   Love the rain, hope Assetto brings weather!

Pet hates, being clipped by cars re-entering the track, only takes a second to check if someones coming.

Great to see a real mix of ages on here.

C u on the track. 

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 01:09:36 PM »
Ciaoooooooooo :D :D :D ;D ;D 

My name is Simone (9metal), landed first time in Australia in 1991(from a very harsh winter in Massachusetts.Usa) to chase an ozzie girl,now  23 years later Sandra and I got  2 daughters.18,17,years old and a boy......10 years old,the prince,the ruler..hehehee.

I was born in 1961 in Tuscany,Italy,in in a town called "Certaldo",,,Boccaccio,an important 13 century poet and writer lived there
I live on the sunshine coast,Qld,where after farming strawberries and pineapple I run orchards of custard apple and figs trees.I started playing F1 EA 2001 and since then I have been playing the majority of them reaching the climax with the GTL and ysu...hihihii 8)

Been very actice playing iracing since 2008,and still active.Been knowing the fps guys for many years now(2004?) here at XGN,following the  racers a couples of years laterr,i like my xgn virtual friends ;),with Brit and Spear being the only one I met in person

My top hobby though is music,i have been playing electric bass for quite few years,i am enjoying it so much,i love music,and music instruments.Rock and roll is my genre but lately I have been listening to some good stuff from James Brown,,,i l,ove those soul funky obsessive bass lines....well......is Friday,and I usually go at the local pub........cheers guys!!!

.............................................for the sake of Birds blood pressure,i made sure my English grammar is up to scratch....,dunno about the punctuation marks though...... :-\.......HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA  Ciao!!!.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:15:18 PM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »
Lol Simone
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 03:15:26 PM »
...for the sake of Birds blood pressure,i made sure my English grammar is up to scratch...
That was very decent of you.

You still have a typo, though  :D

Offline stanna

• batmans a scientist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »
Hello all,

I be stanna (or Daniel in the real world, or stanna aswell). I am 33 and from Melb. I have been involved in some rfactor racing over the years on and off and its always been a blast even if i have been at the bottom of the ladder at the end of the season, always a good time regardless!

struggling to find the time to get some racing in due to starting a family but i hope to see you all around the tracks some more in the near future.

that is all... :)
-stanna / TEA

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
Hi stanna and welcome. Feel free to drop in for the Tuesday night races whenever you can.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 09:32:49 AM »
Hi!

Dick Forrest is a fictional character. He was Cock Forrest (pronounced Koe For-ray) a long time ago.

I'm a 43 year old kid. Looking at me you'd say, "geez, look at that biker".. Maybe it's the beard, the leather, the tattoos and the bike that gives that impression. Really, I'm very approachable and a gentle guy. although shy to start with and always looking for a laugh to be had.

So, my advice is never take Dick Forrest seriously!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal