Xtreme Gaming Network

Project Cars

Author Topic: Project Cars  (Read 55073 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cars
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 06:21:42 PM »
i use it on starts and thats about it     I only have flappy paddles
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 09:19:27 PM »
You don't use the clutch in AC???? :o :o
I wouldn't get a gearbox to last one lap without a clutch!
(unless it's a flappy-paddle car ;))

I have clutch enabled and not auto gearbox, are you telling me my clutch should be needed and working with paddles same as a h shifter like iracing and project cars ?

Rolz

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 09:47:50 PM »
Gave it a good solid few hours tonight... just doesn't feel right... dare I say it very arcade like... and I come from an arcade background...

Sega Rally and Daytona!  ;D

Eye Candy for sure, high res and frame rate amazing, but when it drives like some type of bumper car it's not like AC...

Maybe I'm too biased to AC with the feel of how I think I can should hope to be...

Will find a pub server on AC to jus see if I feel better  :P

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 05:51:43 AM »
You don't use the clutch in AC???? :o :o
(unless it's a flappy-paddle car ;))

I have clutch enabled and not auto gearbox, are you telling me my clutch should be needed and working with paddles same as a h shifter like iracing and project cars ?
I don't know about paddles only, I have an H-pattern and it's definitely required.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 08:23:10 AM »
You don't use the clutch in AC? ??? :o :o
(unless it's a flappy-paddle car ;) )

I don't know about paddles only, I have an H-pattern and it's definitely required.
Using paddles, you don't need a clutch in any car, but like Bacchulum said, with an H shifter you will rapidly blow up your gearbox without a clutch.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »
interesting, I hope ac treats paddle more like a shifter in the future, didnt realise how lazy ac had made me with shifting and heal toeing.    dont know why they dont fix that,  very arcade like

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 02:30:00 PM »
interesting, I hope ac treats paddle more like a shifter in the future, didnt realise how lazy ac had made me with shifting and heal toeing.    dont know why they dont fix that

Because you get a speed penalty for not using the H shifter, or auto clutch, more accurately.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »
interesting, I hope ac treats paddle more like a shifter in the future, didnt realise how lazy ac had made me with shifting and heal toeing.    dont know why they dont fix that
I would prefer the iracing and pcars way so could still use the clutch

Because you get a speed penalty for not using the H shifter, or auto clutch, more accurately.

Offline faz

• mango
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »
game is surprisingly fun.

graphics are good of course, runs really well (on nvidia cards) even maxed out on all settings with a full grid (I did a 32-car nords in the rain and lowest it went was 75).

A lot of places are missing visual bumps in the track but they're there in terms of physics (the car bounces and there's FFB). Default setups are very forgiving (but slow) so you can jump in and drive around just fine but don't expect to be setting lap records. Setup-wise there's about as much to fiddle with as AC, in some places even more than AC – same aero, gearing, dampers and suspension settings, more advanced differential settings as well as brake maps and the like.

Physics-wise when I first started playing I was just too used to the fact that almost every server on AC ran at 100% track grip, ambient temperature, etc. In pCARS the tracks always start green, tyre and brake temps are very important (and you can definitely tell the difference – though I don't know if it's exaggerated just to make people notice that it's there). I am definitely enjoying pCARS physics more than AC (I never thought I'd say that); right now it has better graphics, better sounds (not including AC modded sounds, anyway), physics just as good if not better (more factors modeled – brake, engine, oil, air temperatures, etc.), definitely more varied to stave away boredom.

Did this earlier haha.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:59:23 PM by faz »
faz

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2015, 08:15:39 AM »
Thx faz for the explanation,and that video is impressive!!  I got the game but i could be bothered downloading due to the size and my slow internet,but i should give it a go.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2015, 09:39:40 AM »
I had a quick go over the weekend. I played AC for a couple of hours first then an hour or so on this. It just didn't feel right, maybe I need to change some settings. I didn't seem to be getting any feedback through the wheel, at one point at Laguna Seca I went off track across the sand and back on the track. If I wasn't watching the screen I wouldn't have even know I'd gone off, I didn't seem to loose any grip on the sand, no different feel through the wheel and I joined the track at speed as if I never went off.

It looks amazing though and I tried a race in a storm and the rain etc looked great. There seem to be plenty of setting to change so maybe it just needs some tinkering to make it more enjoyable.

Offline faz

• mango
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2015, 08:21:10 PM »
the FFB on pCARS feels wayyyy better to me than AC's.

You can really feel when the tyres are losing grip and when they bite in again (if you have no feeling in yours, you probably already are steering too much and scrubbing the tyres – steer back a little bit and you will feel it 'bite' the road again). Also for braking you can feel when it is on the verge of locking up. I went off-road in a GT3 car once at high speed and it nearly wrecked my table from my wheel spazzing out from the bumps :D

you can use this custom FFB tweak from official forums someone made, basically does all the individual car-specific FFB settings for you (so the in-game CAR-SPECIFIC settings won't have any effect). Just drop it into your DOcuments\Project Cars folder (so the result will be Documents\Project Cars\FFB with all the files in it).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:24:45 PM by faz »
faz

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 09:26:22 AM »
It's interesting that for every 5-6 people that say "it just doesn't feel right" there is one that say "it's great".
We're all different, aren't we :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »
Interesting timing on this conversation, as this was referenced today:

[youtube]mlOdRTB4njY[/youtube]
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Phil.8