Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort - May 8

Author Topic: S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort - May 8  (Read 8514 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort - May 8
« on: May 02, 2018, 10:59:48 PM »
May 8: Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort [OSRW Pit Mod]

37 laps.

Weather: cold. As per the practice server.

The first race in the second half of the season took place in the Netherlands, and pole went to Lauda as usual, with teammate Regazzoni alongside, and Hunt's Hesketh third. The race started on a damp track and Lauda took the lead, with Scheckter up to second ahead of Regazzoni. The order was unchanged until the drivers had to pit for dry tyres. Hunt and Jarier pitted early, and their gamble paid off as they were first and second, with Lauda, Scheckter and Regazzoni third, fourth and fifth respectively. Lauda passed Jarier for second midway through the race, and started closing on Hunt. Jarier almost immediately retired with a tyre failure, and Scheckter who inherited third had his engine blow up with just 12 laps left. Hunt held off Lauda to take his first career win, with Regazzoni completing the podium.

FINAL PLP REMINDER
You need to edit your ...\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\PitLanePenalty\PLP.ini file with a text editor and change:

TOTAL_WARNINGS=6

You'll get penalised on your 7th cut.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort - May 8
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 11:05:18 PM »
After some testing, I've made the tyre wear 1.7x. This means it will be quite difficult to use just one set of hards, and at the other end of the spectrum, quite difficult to use just 2 sets of softs (but maybe not impossible). You'll have to settle on something in between, or three stints on softs with a light fuel load, if that takes your fancy, or some other combination.

I've reset the practice server to be 1.5x fuel and 1.7x tyres.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »
Hey Wally.
I know you're fudging history with the refueling but can we lose the tyre blankets?
They're not that hard on cold tyres and it adds a bit more spice. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 02:01:34 PM »
Hey Wally.
I know you're fudging history with the refueling but can we lose the tyre blankets?
Dunno... I'm just trying to avoid opening lap carnage.  I'll give it a go and see what it feels like. In general, I like having to wait until the tyres heat up.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »
Hey Wally.

Pthhh Tire blankets probably cost more than the total budget of the Maki GP team for 1975  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:06:47 AM »
Hey Wally.
I'm going to leave tyre blankets on to reduce the risk of opening lap race wrecking accidents, since it's a single race and it could be a very early game over otherwise.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 04:22:56 PM »
Team Maki will be supplying SNRL Racing Team with cars for the coming season, with the understanding that they should not hold up any of the factory team cars of course  :P

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 04:37:20 PM »
Team Maki will be supplying SNRL Racing Team with cars for the coming season, with the understanding that they should not hold up any of the factory team cars of course  :P

The factory cars gotta keep up first  :P :P e,g, Renault F1 ..   ;D ;D ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 07:41:14 PM »
Looks like my computer related luck is continuing. Seems my computer has decided to freeze after 10 minutes. I restart and it's good for another 10. Will keep working on it but don't like my chances at this stage

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »
Looks like my computer related luck is continuing. Seems my computer has decided to freeze after 10 minutes. I restart and it's good for another 10. Will keep working on it but don't like my chances at this stage
That's strange. It's not heat related, is it?

Offline GT VIRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 08:59:10 PM »
I appear to be running a pc from the 70's tonight :( No idea what's caused this so far

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »
282 processes?????

Got some background bitcoin miners running perchance?

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »
Something was a bit off even though I had averaged around 100fps it felt choppy (constant not stutters) I checked the graph in msi afterburner after the race and my cpu usage was 35%avg. and gpu only 55%avg. Check all my graphics settings were all maxed and ran the ac benchmark from cm, everything back to normal 125+fps, cpu usage 15%avg, gpu usage 99%. Either an app or the mod cars causing higher cpu usage and bottlenecking the gpu.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal