Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R7 - Spa 1966 Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R7 - Spa 1966 Race Chat  (Read 18389 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: S241R7 - Spa 1966 Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 09:37:19 AM »
Het wally are you sure that "I" move a bit on your side?  Beside when i saw you were about to pass me i said to myself...shit!! hes crazy,he cant do it here no way,,,,,BANG!!!!!     VAFFANCULO wally!!!!!!!    :-* :-* :-*   

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 10:01:38 AM »
Het wally are you sure that "I" move a bit on your side?  Beside when i saw you were about to pass me i said to myself...shit!! hes crazy,he cant do it here no way,,,,,BANG!!!!!     VAFFANCULO wally!!!!!!!    :-* :-* :-*
That's not quite how I saw it ;)
But that's all in the past now.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 11:39:21 AM »
great night at my end :P

had one qualli lap with the better than 99% CPU usage before getting that sorted - then managed to hit the inside edge of the bridge at masta very lightly on lap 2 then very not lightly on lap 3 or so resulting on a significant off into a house. Car was off centre but drivable so i thought i might finish. A lap or so later had an off exiting Blanchimont into  fence then again at Clubhouse. Worried I would ruin someone else's race I spent a time in the pits with a hammer fixing things before going out and straight into someones house at Burnenville resulting in tantrum + rage quit :P

Congrats to Joe and everyone else - was a good time in these old VWs

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 11:58:35 AM »
I do like the old Spa!
Q8
F6
Not a bad night out. Found a nice pace doing 58's, watch the carnage and tried to stay out of any of it. Found my self in fourth after bradc left the track at blauchimont, then proceeded to do a great Duke's of Hazard over the track. Will look at the reply and get a grab. Two laps later at the same spot Kcender left the track and ended up facing the wrong way, Up to Thrid  ;D. The next lap I had one of those "I did what I also do" but just driffed off the track at Burnenville straight into the outside house. Broke the car still driveable but only at 4:01/4:03, Mael and Bradc got passed and a couple of laps later Phil also passed. Nursed the car home for 6th happy with that.
On to the Group C's
Any body got a mudbox shell for doing a skin?
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 12:55:20 PM »
Great track which looks fantastic.

I had another shit race. Sorry to whoever couldn't avoid me when I was doing pirouettes in the middle, left and right of the track after tagging a wall.

Just Scheiße

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 04:06:45 PM »
What an interesting race.....I was happy with a top 10 in quali as prior to this session I'd not completed two clean laps in a row and this streak continued in quali. tried to be conservative and get a banker, but binned it and then in my only timed lap, it was riddled with errors. Unsure of what to run as a fuel load I dialed up jsut under 80ltrs expecting to complete 15 laps in the race if i didn't destroy the car...

The race started very well getting a couple of spots off the line, managing to miss the spinner at the top of Eau Rouge. I was shocked to be third early into the race but on lap two or three Les Combes struck. This was one of my two my bogie corners of teh night. I tended to either brake too early or too late and made the mistake of braking too late and sliding off into the railing, surprising there was little to no damage and I slipped into a mammoth battle with Freezer. It was clear from his practice and quali laps that I was close to 5 seconds slower than him, but it was a really great battle. Freeze and better acceleration out of the corners and I had better top speed to it made for a great duel. I can't recall how many laps we swapped places but it seemed like each lap we did so a couple of times, which was very respectful and a lot of fun! Eventually I lost my pace at my second bogie corner, Blanchimont. For some reason if I went faster than 168kph around this corner I would understeer off into the weeds and when following Freezer, I noticed I was doing 170kph and sure enough I went flying out of 4th place and into the middle of the track. Apologies to anyone who's lap I ruined in my mess as I seem to recall coming out of the forest backwards across the track. I know it's instinct, but it really is useless trying to brake when you are airborne.... :-[

The spin as lost me about 5kph of my top speed but it seemed enough to engage Mael into a very long battle for 7th. As the laps passed our battle eventually moved up to being for 3rd and I think it was only after Mael ran wide at Masta on the last lap that I was able to breath knowing that my first event Tuesday night podium had been secured. After this race, I am really disappointed I couldn't make the first two rounds and would love to had a couple more before leaving the old beetles as it was really only in last weeks wet race that I got some idea of how soft to set this bugs up! so I could drive them constantly semi-fast.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 07:10:07 PM »
Had a bit of a headache, but still enjoyed practice and qualifying. It's a great car and a fantastic track.
Yeah, not much to say about the race. After parking the car a bit ungently beside the track I just thought, better get yourself on the couch...
Thanks Wally for letting me pass again during quali...and for organising this series so well again.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 07:23:30 PM »
Not to play down Kcender's appearance at the pointy end of the standings, but extra well done to Joe and Freezer for such a strong result.
Another pretty shitty race for me. The 1st lap and a half were entertaining, dicing around with Bacchulum, Simone and Russ, changing a few positions already. I had managed to pass the ballasted Simone on one of the long sections, but then he moved a little off line and clipped the rear corner of my car at probably over 250 kph, sending us both airborne down the hillside. It did look kind of funny in the replay, seeing the two of us suddenly disappear, airborme, off the side of the track. My steering wheel ended up at 90 degrees, which was the worst broken but driveable suspension damage I'd ever seen. It meant a lengthy stop to repair the car, but then I saw virtually no one for the rest of the race. I was hoping to be lapped so at least I'd see another car  ::)
I enjoyed the car, but didn't have good pace and had lots of rubbish races, so overall not a great season for me, racing wise.

Hey wally!!  Any chances for you to make a 10 sec movie of the mess??

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 09:25:41 PM »
Not to play down Kcender's appearance at the pointy end of the standings, but extra well done to Joe and Freezer for such a strong result.
Another pretty shitty race for me. The 1st lap and a half were entertaining, dicing around with Bacchulum, Simone and Russ, changing a few positions already. I had managed to pass the ballasted Simone on one of the long sections, but then he moved a little off line and clipped the rear corner of my car at probably over 250 kph, sending us both airborne down the hillside. It did look kind of funny in the replay, seeing the two of us suddenly disappear, airborme, off the side of the track. My steering wheel ended up at 90 degrees, which was the worst broken but driveable suspension damage I'd ever seen. It meant a lengthy stop to repair the car, but then I saw virtually no one for the rest of the race. I was hoping to be lapped so at least I'd see another car  ::)
I enjoyed the car, but didn't have good pace and had lots of rubbish races, so overall not a great season for me, racing wise.

Hey wally!!  Any chances for you to make a 10 sec movie of the mess??
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  vaffanculo wally!!!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 06:58:53 AM »
Wally blue, Simone green, from the preceding car.

[youtube]EbtqXionu-c[/youtube]

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 09:45:47 AM »

[youtube]EbtqXionu-c[/youtube]

One car was driving in a straight line, the other was not. That's all I'll have to say as that Italian gets pretty feisty  :-X

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 01:22:46 PM »

Forget about that, just check out my magnificent driving!  You could actually see how early I came of the throttle to avoid the foreseeable chaos. One really had to avoid being anywhere close to the vicinity of Wally during the last season, he's car was like a big mobile magnet.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »
You could actually see how early I came of the throttle to avoid the foreseeable chaos.
Is that what you did.
Given your pace on the night, I thought that was just where you backed off for Masta normally. :P ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »

Forget about that, just check out my magnificent driving!  You could actually see how early I came of the throttle to avoid the foreseeable chaos. One really had to avoid being anywhere close to the vicinity of Wally during the last season, he's car was like a big mobile magnet.
Don't worry, next season with much faster, more powerful cars will be a lot better  :-X :-X :-X

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal