Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat  (Read 36038 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 11:42:09 PM »
ps. Has the 10 second cut penalties been applied Wally?
Yep, you can see it in the race results.
But it shows a penalty to me too, even if I did not have 4 cuts...

EDIT: indeed you gave me 28 points (5th). I thought it was penalty at the 4th cut (that's what the app shows). For example, Nith (7th) has 3 cuts as well, but no penalty, as it should be.
Yep, something is not working right. Wally.... Ehm... has 3 cuts and no penalty too. While Simone has 3 cuts and a penalty.

I want my points back!!!! ;) 8)
SIMONE! You were right! There is a conspiracy against you... but it's not against you in particular. It's against all Italians. Australians get no penalties for 3 cuts. Only Italians ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 11:47:30 PM »
SIMONE! You were right! There is a conspiracy against you... but it's not against you in particular. It's against all Italians. Australians get no penalties for 3 cuts. Only Italians ;)

Maybe its the Italians cutting multiple times per lap like the cheaters they are.  ;D

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 11:51:26 PM »
Was unfortunately involved in early crashes in both races. Sorry I ended up running into you in the first one Wally, I thought for sure I was going wide enough to go around behind your car as it seemed like it was sliding then it caught grip at the wrong moment and lurched into my path. Just to note though, I went and pitted shortly after and told my pit crew to fix my car's body (and therefore the broken glass) and it took slightly shorter than the tyres change, so didn't make my stop any longer than it would have been otherwise.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 11:52:05 PM »

Maybe its the Italians cutting multiple times per lap like the cheaters they are.  ;D

You'd think so, but it shows if there are 2 cuts in one lap... so most likely is the Australians being... well, you know... ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 11:58:48 PM »

You'd think so, but it shows if there are 2 cuts in one lap... so most likely is the Australians being... well, you know... ;)

Too funny I just noticed both you and Simone got a penalty for 3 cuts when it should be 4 and some others showed 2 cuts in a lap so its not that. It shows its again the issue of the Italians cheating but then add that to their passionate if not accurate code, the intention was to give all Italians the edge but instead just made it easier for them to get penalties.  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 12:14:57 AM »
Looks like i got one for 3 cuts too. I noticed the message pop up in game so pretty odd

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 12:15:12 AM »
Yep, looks like something went wrong with the PLP app. I am sure Wally will fix it... he's scared of the Italians ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 12:16:17 AM »
Looks like i got one for 3 cuts too. I noticed the message pop up in game so pretty odd
Are you, by any chance, of Italian descent?... maybe distant? Or have you entertained too many meetings with Italians?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 12:17:59 AM »
Are you, by any chance, of Italian descent?... maybe distant? Or have you entertained too many meetings with Italians?

Nah but i did have simone up my ass most of the race  :o

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 12:21:05 AM »

Nah but i did have simone up my ass most of the race  :o
That might be enough! PLP is extremely sensitive to any italianity that might be in you

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 07:47:05 AM »
ps. Has the 10 second cut penalties been applied Wally?
Yep, you can see it in the race results.
But it shows a penalty to me too, even if I did not have 4 cuts...

EDIT: indeed you gave me 28 points (5th). I thought it was penalty at the 4th cut (that's what the app shows). For example, Nith (7th) has 3 cuts as well, but no penalty, as it should be.
Yep, something is not working right. Wally.... Ehm... has 3 cuts and no penalty too. While Simone has 3 cuts and a penalty.

I want my points back!!!! ;) 8)
It's definitely 4 cuts and you get a penalty. You can see it in the warning count in the app. You can be on 3/3 warnings, and the next cut gets you a penalty. The log parser might not be displaying the cuts right. From memory, I think the 4th cut isn't recorded in the server log as a cut, but as a penalty for cutting. I could tidy that up in the results.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2017, 07:49:34 AM »
Was unfortunately involved in early crashes in both races. Sorry I ended up running into you in the first one Wally, I thought for sure I was going wide enough to go around behind your car as it seemed like it was sliding then it caught grip at the wrong moment and lurched into my path. Just to note though, I went and pitted shortly after and told my pit crew to fix my car's body (and therefore the broken glass) and it took slightly shorter than the tyres change, so didn't make my stop any longer than it would have been otherwise.
No worries AJ, I was out of control sliding and hard to avoid in the corner. I was wondering about the repair time. I virtually never repair anything because I don't know which repair option is going to suddenly make your pit stop 1 minute longer.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2017, 08:38:31 AM »
Repair wise in pitconfig the middle icon is aero and in this car most aero repair takes less time then the tyres. I had front aero damage after my attenpted pit entry through the pit wall after exiting the last turn.  :'( I got yellow front and it took hardly any tine to repair that.

The other repair icons are suspension and engine/transmission. With engine being the right and suspension the left icon. With pit stops in practice now its fairly easy to test repair times if you happen to ever crash in practice that is.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 09:13:31 AM »
Race 1 hit again same as last week , broke wing spun next corner to last.
Race 2 my car was orange on every panel apart from left door by end of lap 1,  ended up being taken out by a car spinning lap 2

The standard of racing is appalling and getting worse each season and I am sick of being taken out by people who probably cant even drive a real car by the looks of it
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 09:51:36 AM »
Apologies to RussG in race 1 for the hit. Didn't expect the near sudden stop into turn 1 :-\

Hi Dave, I must disagree about the near sudden stop comment. The replay shows that I actually braked later than almost every other car but you didn't brake until just before the 100 board which I consider too late, particularly on lap 1.
A little extra caution is always advisable at T1 lap 1.

Race 1:
Came out of T1 last after the incident, then there was a pileup at T3 which I was lucky enough to get through cleanly which gave me back some places. After that it was a nice clean run for me with a bit of fun when Simone jammed it up the inside at T1 to pass me, then I got him back later when he had a slide at the chicane.

Race 2:
Had Wally behind at the start applying pressure. Made a good pass on Simone at the chicane :) After the pit stop I had Wally right behind putting the pressure on again and Simone came out just in front of me after his stop. I didn't notice that Simone got the 10 second penalty so I kept trying to pressure him to the end. It looked like Simone, Wally and I were pretty well matched in pace. I couldn't get to make a move on Simone and Wally never got to make a move on me. Great pressure stuff though.
Good racing.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal