Xtreme Gaming Network

S18R4: Bridgehampton Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S18R4: Bridgehampton Post-Race Chat  (Read 9639 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S18R4: Bridgehampton Post-Race Chat
« on: August 22, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Penalties
None

Round Points
RussG   100
Matthew111   92
Bacchulum   91
Jeremy   87
DC   84
Kcender87   79
AJ   77
GymHippo   76
diehard   71
Phil.8   64
Joe   62
bradc   61
ab156   57
Dave O   56
Shayne   54
Mael   50
Dr.Dinkum   49
Freezer   48
Doobs   45
Wally   45
Rob   41
JamieP   12

Congratulations to RussG on the clean sweep, taking out maximum points!

Season Podium
1. Phil.8, 262
2. Kcender87, 261
3. Matthew111, 242 (big jump up from 10th)

Teams Podium
1. Krahl Racing, 497
2. Struggle Street Racing Crew, 480
3. Maki Engineering, 431
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:25:26 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
Re: S18R4: Bridgehampton Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:07 PM »
Sorry for the early exit. I don't normally do that no matter how bad my race is going.

I am really struggling with these cars and massive inconsistency so when the leaders were coming around to lap me I didn't want to get in the way and ruin someone elses race.

I am trying to work out what is causing it but can't seem to get a handle on it. I can run 3 laps and and all 3 require different pedal and steering inputs. Turn 1 tonight for example 1st lap I use 1/8th of a turn, 2nd lap will be 1/4 turn, and 3rd lap will be 1/8th of a turn again. Getting the same with my braking points too. I can use the same point and 1 lap I'll pull up in plenty of time, next lap I'll barely make the turn then the following lap I'll pull up 20M early. I even noticed once through turn 1 I turned the steering and the car didn't react till about a second later. Has anyone else had similar issues? I am going to go through the aim data tonight but I think I'll change my wheel back to my spare Driving Force Pro to see if the issues continue. I will never run up the front but I am normally not 7 secs off the pace.

Anyway, sorry again and see you next week

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:02:09 PM »
Race results in first post, rest coming...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:06:41 PM »
Well that was a disaster. In race 2 had a run in with a wall on lap 3. It caused a shattered window which combined with the setting sun made finding brake markers rather difficult at some corners. Further accidents followed, one Doobs which was all my fault. Sorry Doobs I just could not stop the car from drifting wide. At least I ticked off my first 360 roll in a race, landed neatly on my wheels even so no forced pit stop  ;D

Suspect Freezer did not have a good one either, but team Maki Engineering will be back!

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »
Thanks for a great night of racing lads. Managed to get some half decent consistency which was my biggest issue in practice during the week.

Wally, question for you - what do the graphs mean in the results post? I think I have them figured out...

Full write up will come at a later time. Still trying to work out how the A/C replay files work. I have 5 files (one for each session tonight but they all seem to be the very end of the session :S
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:11:59 PM by GymnasticHippo »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
Thanks for a great night of racing lads. Managed to get some half decent consistency which was my biggest issue in practice during the week.

Wally, question for you - what do the graphs mean in the results post? I think I have them figured out...

Full write up will come at a later time. Still trying to work out how the A/C replay files work. I have 5 files (one for each session tonight but they all seem to be the very end of the session :S
Go to your AC settings, General.
You need to set Replay recording quality (the higher, the bigger the replay file). I have mine on High.
Maximum replay file size (1000MB, if you have lots of RAM).
Max race replays to autosave (mine is No limit)
Max qual to auto save (mine is 2)
max other replays to save (mine is 2)
Minimum replay time to save (mine is 60 sec)

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 10:37:50 PM »
Thanks mate

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 10:50:39 PM »
Sounds like a hardware problem to me JamieP  :( hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Had an incident on lap 3 in the first race which took me to last place, but managed to get back a couple of places.

Race 2 was much more consistent, and had some great battles. Really enjoying this car and track combos, it really

does seem to throw up some good racing right through the field  :)  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 11:07:07 PM »
Well what can I say .....
I certainly wasn't expecting tonight to turn out the way it did although I was hoping for a good result after posting good practise times.

Qually went well and managed to hold out Matthew111 by a few tenths for my first pole.

R1: Got off the line OK and into T1 in the lead. Bacchulum outdragged Matthew111 and was in second. I was expecting Bacchulum to come knocking on my rear bumper, but to my surprise I was able to extend the gap by a few tenths each lap.
Was really chuffed to come away with my first race win  ;D ;D ;D ;D

R2: I expected this to be tougher ... and it was. Started from pole again and got to T1 first, but this time it was AJ hassling me all through lap 1. He passed me down the straight at the end of lap 1 only to run wide in T3. From then on it was Matthew111 applying the pressure. I was managing to keep the gap at about 1.5 secs most of the time, but couldn't extend the gap. I was really sweating trying not to put a wheel in the sand as it slows you so much. I did do it a couple of times coming onto the straight and Matthew111 closed up heaps each time. He was so consistent and I felt I was losing a bit of concentration in the second half of the race which made it really exciting to manage to hold on for the clean sweep.

Now the restrictor fairy will come along and turn my 54 into something else   ::)
Looking forward to the next race although I'm not a fan of Vallelunga ...
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 11:07:24 PM »
Well I put in some practice this week and was feeling okay in the car but with 89% I knew I was going to have to drive the wheels off it to have any hope.
Practice went well however I didn't put in a clean lap in qualy to replicate my earlier times so started way down at 17th.
R1 Unfortunately on lap two Daveo got a bit sideways as I was alongside going up the hill which bounced me out to the fence and 21st.  Not looking good.
With the shorter race I only managed to claw back a few spots to finish 17th holding off a fast closing Wally across the line.
R2:  Started 20th and really driving on max this race.  Had Doobs behind for the first half of the race who with a bit more straight line was very hard to stay ahead of and the second
half was a great battle with Bradc.  With a restrictor of 46 he would completely blow me off on the main straight so I was up the inside round the outside, everywhere through the bends
only for him to blast past again on the home straight.  This went on for many laps.  I peaked in 12th position bu then on lap 14 my wheel came off the desk . . .. :( :(  F$#@.  I lost five of the eight
spots I had worked so hard for.  Trundle home and again had Wally charging to the finish behind me :)
Once you worked out the flow, this was a great track tonight.
On the restrictor I would question that having a high one which contributed to a low speed in R1, but then R2 is being set by R1 speed saw me start at the back seems a bit like a double penalty.
I know its swings and roundabout but its a bloody hard fight back!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »
That was a rubbish round for me.

Race 1 started promisingly enough, with some good racing early on with Joe and GymHippo, but I started to make a few mistakes, including shifting into 1st instead of 3rd and having a few very costly offs where I just ran a little wide and dropped 6 places while waiting to re-enter. I had a good chase of Freezer over the latter laps, trying to get a draft to the finish line, but finished 0.1 secs behind him.

Race 2 also started well, with me getting up to 12th from 17th, but on lap 5, about 5 of us formed a tight bunch after Joe, Phil and I caught up to AB and Shayne. I had a slight oversteer moment, catching it with some countersteering, and it caught out Joe who hit me from behind, with AB hitting Joe. We were all parked while most of the field passed us, and I was dead last for a while after Jamie exited. From there it was a lonely race until I eventually caught up to Rob, Mael and Freezer many laps later. A disappointing race after such close racing at the start.

Well done to Russ at the very pointy end of the night.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 11:14:39 PM »
On the restrictor I would question that having a high one which contributed to a low speed in R1, but then R2 is being set by R1 speed saw me start at the back seems a bit like a double penalty.
I know its swings and roundabout but its a bloody hard fight back!
Yeah, it is a bit like that, but the main point of the standings-based restrictor is that it mixes the field up and lets you race around guys you might not usually be racing with. It also gives different people a go at the pointier end of the field.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 12:38:58 AM »
Race one some pretty good position swapping with wally and later on with diehard. Had a good chase  and eventually got past diehard for him to take the place back on the final lap.

Race two started well and got into a pack but had a little incident with wally and someone else. We were all very close and wally got some oversteer and went a little sideways and i wasnt able to react quick enough. Sorry wally, would have been some good pack racing.

After i spent most of the race battling with ab until i caught up with rob and a few others and was able to get a couple of places.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »
Further accidents followed, one Doobs which was all my fault. Sorry Doobs I just could not stop the car from drifting wide. At least I ticked off my first 360 roll in a race, landed neatly on my wheels even so no forced pit stop  ;D

NP Mael, it was just one of those things that can happen when you're side by side and I don't think I lost a position, but had to do a bit of off-roading at a rate of knots :) Sorry I missed the landing though.

Qual: I didn't practice anywhere near enough and didn't qualify so well.

Race 1: I was a bit cautious at the start and lost of couple of positions in the first half a lap, but gained them back through other people's misfortunes. I don't think I made a pass all night but I was reasonably happy with where I finished. The racing was a lot of fun.

Race 2: The start was a lot better and was having fun until I missed the line for the last turn and dropped from 15th to last. Mael must have still been feeling guilty for the earlier accident, and he kindly drove off the circuit somewhere to take the wooden spoon off me, although he nearly caught me. After my mistake I lost a second a lap. I don't know whether it was application to the task or something wrong with the car.

Overall though, I had a fun night no a good track with a good car, in good company.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 11:21:27 AM »
I just couldn't keep up, I would get past people in corners and then get passed on the straights or was held up in corners and lost it down the straights losing even more time, half way through race 1 I knew it was going to be a dropped round and just did laps
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal